Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: David Knopfler's way of answering political "enemies" on FB  (Read 7554 times)

OfflineWaterofLove

• Local Hero
I checked out his FB-profile and under a picture with him and "Refugees welcome to Britain" there is quite an interesting debate. DK strikes me as immature and with poor knowledge of economics and cultural differences. He is also rude against people who has a different opinion than him.

An example:

Neil Mitchell : Let them all in Dave and let's have a little happy clappy sing along. You don't live in the real world mate
David Knopfler: Neil Mitchell who is this "them" that make you feel so affronted and threatened?
Neil Mitchell Numbers David it's a matter of numbers not who they are
David Knopfler Neil Mitchell it's a matter of "protecting national identity" for you then? The same old nazi bollocks wrapped up in a less disreputable flag but still the same BS. Shame

Neil Mitchell I'll shake hands and agree to disagree
David Knopfler Neil Mitchell Watch it before you laugh so loudly... it's you we're laughing at

Well... After his begging for money to record in a super-studio and now this disrespect to people who disagree I have lost a lot of respect for him. I hope MK isn't this naive and unfriendly towards others
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:32:13 PM by WaterofLove »

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Re: David Knopfler's way of answering political "enemies" on FB
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 10:37:00 PM »
He has had some proper scraps on facebook and can get quite nasty at times when someone opposes his opinion. I wouldnt want to get into a war of words with him as he'd wipe the floor with me.

OfflineWaterofLove

• Local Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 10:45:27 PM »
He has had some proper scraps on facebook and can get quite nasty at times when someone opposes his opinion. I wouldnt want to get into a war of words with him as he'd wipe the floor with me.

He lacks arguments and is using cheap name-calling, for example when accusing people of being nazis. His plattitudes are nothing to fear. Would love to see Nigel Farage wipe the floor with him :-) But I suspect that DK is more an internet warrior and a virtue signaler than anything else

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Is this thread really necessary? It's a Mark Knopfler forum, not David, and really there are plenty of other online forums to discuss this kind of stuff if you want to...

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
Maybe it's better to skip the discussion here since it's a MK forum, not political. Just my two cents
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 02:14:24 PM »
Upcoming thread:

Religion:  which one is best?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 04:57:45 PM »
LOL, same old AMIT. It's just another [crucial] topic, people talk about it every second. Why not here? I really can't understand.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 05:43:43 PM »
LOL, same old AMIT. It's just another [crucial] topic, people talk about it every second. Why not here? I really can't understand.

Since I come here for talk related to Mark Knopfler not politics whatsoever. If I want to read about politics I go somewhere else. It's not the place for it. If you want to talk about politics, don't do it on AMIT IMHO

OfflineWaterofLove

• Local Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 08:57:44 PM »

Since I come here for talk related to Mark Knopfler not politics whatsoever. If I want to read about politics I go somewhere else. It's not the place for it. If you want to talk about politics, don't do it on AMIT IMHO

It has been several threads about DK here. I did not post this thread for DK's political views. It was because of his way of attacking people for not sharing his views. So it is about personality and behavior, let's say psychology, rather than politics.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 09:17:29 PM »

It has been several threads about DK here. I did not post this thread for DK's political views. It was because of his way of attacking people for not sharing his views. So it is about personality and behavior, let's say psychology, rather than politics.

I'd say the line between these two is very thin, but hey, who am I.. I still don't see why we should discuss these topics in this forum. Things always go off-topic and then we end up discussing if it's a good thing or not if GB stays in the EU etc etc etc etc.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 08:18:12 PM »
I am not going to discuss about DK, but I think that it is valid for members to start a thread about such topics(I mean DK and politics), as long as the title shows clearly what the tread is about. After all we are here for MK, but this is only an aspect of our life. And I would be very interested to know and discuss civilized with people I know for so many years, because I might be able to understand better a subject that eludes me.  Of course, those not interested or disagreeing with the topic, might as well refrain from reading (that is the need of a descriptive title) and most importantly refrain from replying with the same arguments about the validity of these discussions. Which also makes my reply invalid... Anyway, it was the  amount of replies that made me look here. If there were no replies I would have skipped.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 11:23:45 PM »
I am not going to discuss about DK, but I think that it is valid for members to start a thread about such topics(I mean DK and politics), as long as the title shows clearly what the tread is about. After all we are here for MK, but this is only an aspect of our life. And I would be very interested to know and discuss civilized with people I know for so many years, because I might be able to understand better a subject that eludes me.  Of course, those not interested or disagreeing with the topic, might as well refrain from reading (that is the need of a descriptive title) and most importantly refrain from replying with the same arguments about the validity of these discussions. Which also makes my reply invalid... Anyway, it was the  amount of replies that made me look here. If there were no replies I would have skipped.

Nice words of wisdom here indeed, thanks Vgonis.

I like David, and I love when regular people are into politics, this basically means that they can't comprehend some of the BS (well, politicians mostly produce BS at industrial rates) being imposed on them, they have an opinion. DK certainly have a strong opinion and it's cool.

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 09:46:24 PM »
It's fine to have a discussion here at AMIT about DK .  We could move it to the General Threads section, if people object to it being here.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 11:57:05 AM »
Agree with IrisRose, it should be in the general thread. It is somehow MK related from old DS times, so it's not a general political discussion.
But a better place would be the general thread, because it's indeed not MK

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 10:05:08 PM »
i have no problem with the topic, but yes, the location is wrong. will move it,...later.
can i assume wateroflove is of the [nazi] brexit camp? ;-))))))

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 37 queries.