Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Realistic suggestions for setlist changes for next tours  (Read 4671 times)

Offlineboriszhukov

• Camerado
  • We need the headband back!!
Re: Realistic suggestions for setlist changes for next tours
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 01:59:52 PM »
yes obviously there is little chance any of these ideas will be implemented. On the other hand it was really nice to see that he performed Occupation Blues last week. So we can hope for the best. Atleast they put in the two old DS songs on the last tour. For me the ingredients of a good setlist is  mix of new songs, clasisc and a few surprised (new arrangements or a ouple of songs not performed for a while).

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 07:23:42 PM »
Well I had a scary dream the other night that on the next tour MK played Calling Elvis - but the twiddly solo after the second verse was drastically simplified and throughout the rest of the song he clumsily strummed aka broken bones style.
But ... The full guitar solo from the 1992 shows was there just this time played on sax whilst mark grinned away!!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 05:26:46 PM »
Well I had a scary dream the other night that on the next tour MK played Calling Elvis - but the twiddly solo after the second verse was drastically simplified and throughout the rest of the song he clumsily strummed aka broken bones style.
But ... The full guitar solo from the 1992 shows was there just this time played on sax whilst mark grinned away!!

Ouch!  That is scary!

Seriously though, BB is definitely the worst opener ever.  Border Reiver is certainly in-line with the stuff he's playing these days, not taxing on his part and more to the point an excellent up-beat number to start the show.  RAtR could be used too with the flutes and whistles and include some nice guitar on it should he have the inclination.

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 38 queries.