Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 612702 times)

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #480 on: February 25, 2017, 10:09:32 PM »
As a French I love DWB, altough it is harsh for Napoleon whom I admire ;) the lyrics are well thought and gives the point of view of the average Joe family, as usual with Mark - no heavy social criticism like Roger Waters would do, but clever, sarcastic observation of daily life !
I love the Paris 2010 version, in D instead of C - gives it more energy.
And I like Rudiger too :) miss it actually.
:thumbsup
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #481 on: February 25, 2017, 10:10:33 PM »
As a French I love DWB, altough it is harsh for Napoleon whom I admire ;) the lyrics are well thought and gives the point of view of the average Joe family, as usual with Mark - no heavy social criticism like Roger Waters would do, but clever, sarcastic observation of daily life !
I love the Paris 2010 version, in D instead of C - gives it more energy.
And I like Rudiger too :) miss it actually.

It also mentions Moscow right in the first line, so it's great for Russians, too :lol

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #482 on: February 26, 2017, 12:19:33 AM »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #483 on: February 26, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »
Please use quoting property, is impossible to understand who says what that way, at least I don't have time to solve the puzzles and ignore them...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #484 on: February 26, 2017, 04:31:40 PM »
I never really liked DWB. Not the song itself, but that folky treatment.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #485 on: February 26, 2017, 09:41:37 PM »
Please use quoting property, is impossible to understand who says what that way, at least I don't have time to solve the puzzles and ignore them...
since I am the only one has quoted recently please enlight me what have I done wrong?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #486 on: February 26, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »
since I am the only one has quoted recently please enlight me what have I done wrong?
Yup, was wondering as well?

sent from my galaxy s7 edge

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #487 on: February 26, 2017, 10:23:18 PM »

I'm not an editor anyway, but I think what he meant was that it's better to put 3 quotes in 1 post, rather that 1 quote to 3 posts :thumbsup

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #488 on: February 26, 2017, 11:53:02 PM »

I'm not an editor anyway, but I think what he meant was that it's better to put 3 quotes in 1 post, rather that 1 quote to 3 posts :thumbsup

oh no, I would never do such! actually, my initial intention was to emphasise each one of the coments by giving it its own lot!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #489 on: February 27, 2017, 08:10:41 AM »

In that quotes you wrote the answer inside the quote instead outside the quote, so you have to di inside the quotation to find out what´s the "answer" and what´s the quote...

It´s possible to quote multiple messages in just ones but you have to consider that it needs to close each quote separately.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #490 on: February 28, 2017, 04:32:09 PM »
More than a week ago Guy replied on some questions on his forum. After that nothing and only a few questions more were added. Perhaps some official news in the works?

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #491 on: February 28, 2017, 09:46:47 PM »
More than a week ago Guy replied on some questions on his forum. After that nothing and only a few questions more were added. Perhaps some official news in the works?

Wouldn't get my hopes up too high to be honest.
But let's wait and see!

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #492 on: March 01, 2017, 06:03:38 AM »
Okay. September to now, March 1st. That is six months with a 'band session' to boot. Guy has stated they may well be in there until June - add another 4 months. That's 10 months! Phew! One hell of a project - or two!!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #493 on: March 01, 2017, 08:47:08 AM »
Okay. September to now, March 1st. That is six months with a 'band session' to boot. Guy has stated they may well be in there until June - add another 4 months. That's 10 months! Phew! One hell of a project - or two!!

It´s something in which apparently are working MK and Guy, with some help here and there of some other musicians, and if I understood Guy´s answers right, it´s something that "someone" has asked MK to do (like a film soundtrack, but apparently not a film soundtrack...) in which MK has written all the songs... but a duets record doesn´t fit with a project that someone had asked MK to do...

I heard that Vicente Amigo has released a new record and I thought that it would be great that this MK project has something to do with Vicente Amigo, but if MK wrote all the songs doesn´t have any sense so maybe it could be a kind of duets record in whick MK and Guy are recording all the basic tracks to sent them to the "colaborators" to record their parts... who knows...

Now that is March, it looks like an announcement is very likely, but I think that until late May or early June there won´t be nothing.

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #494 on: March 01, 2017, 10:42:35 PM »
In my humble opinion DWB is a marvelous timeless song. Storytelling at it's best. You hardly hear songs with such wonderful lyrics. The arrangement with traditional instruments fit the song very well. They make sense in relation to the topic of the song. Great melody and wonderful harmonies. And the guitar fill between the first line and the second line of the song is one of the best in Mark's whole discography.  "We pay in hell since Moscow burn ... tidedideleti ...these etc. " ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.17 seconds with 36 queries.