Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: David Knopfler- The indelicate  (Read 10985 times)

OfflineBrunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits)

• Camerado
David Knopfler- The indelicate
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »
I bring a note of repudiation with level of discourtesy David Knopfler me yesterday on his Facebook page, I was impressed!

he had posted a record, a presentation that DS did at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, USA, July 20, 1980 in a Jackson Browne concert, made a comment that I had seen in a biography of 1984 DK had already left the band at the time, and if this is true only DK could confirm. I quoted that his departure was made official 25 Julio 80, five days after this concert, as the link> http://www.neck-and-neck.homepage.t-online.de/library/diary/diary03/diary03.html
Then he gave he gave a lesson of unkindness, I gave impression:

[Img] [/ img]

I know this will divide opinions, I know that suddenly I may have been inconvenient for him, or even to others, but I was never my intention, I never imagined something like that, did not want to provoke him, as I said in a my comments, but it proved to be unbalanced, rude, sarcastic and arrogant complete. It made me think something about the relationship between him and his older brother, and to this date, there is no musical partnership between them ... it's easy now to understand that the younger should not be an easy one, will be it contributes to a certain musical ostracism in his career? ...

However much it may have seemed impertinent or inconvenience my initial mention, justify the way he treated me?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:51:19 PM by wildstraits »
Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

• Camerado
Re: David Knopfler- The indelicate
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »
Countering the Lord stereotype of the United Kingdom, Of gentleman has nothing!  :(
Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 07:31:40 PM »
You'll be surprised, but I'm on David's side. I'd say he even said it all in a calm way. And I love the "moon-cheese" thing he wrote :clap

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 07:35:47 PM »
I'd say this answers from David is like a honest version of Guy Fletcher if you know what I mean :lol

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 07:38:07 PM »
How embarrassing for him.  He has surely shown himself up.  :disbelief
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 07:48:29 PM »
How embarrassing for him.  He has surely shown himself up.  :disbelief

Did you read questions the guy wrote? I believe that to get an "F-bomb" from somebody is a required skill, not everyone could do that.

You want to be "F-bombed"? Go to Buzz Aldrin and say to him he never was on the Moon. Or go to DK's page and ask strange questions.

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 07:54:12 PM »
You'll be surprised, but I'm on David's side. I'd say he even said it all in a calm way. And I love the "moon-cheese" thing he wrote :clap

I wanted to make a caveat about what I shared with you guys about DK
I understand DK in a sense, but if I had going imperial way, wanting to impose something, I would give my hand to palmatória, it would be ridiculous of me to want to confront a living piece of history, I confess that I had to caution me express more appropriately, when I mentioned the book information, but even so, he let his demons upon me unnecessarily.

taking into account that:

1- It has very low artistic representation
2- All he has is due to lack of people at DS
3- All the work of his life was always compared to mk
4- 80% of people who talk to him only talk about the band
5 And this whole thing already has 30-plus years
6- He never liked that position people
  Of course this does not corroborate for him to be rude, I know this should fill the patience, people who want details of the story. As he said, "I heard that the moon was cheese..."
He meant that scholars actually do not know anything, but that he could keep to himself

We also learn that the artist hates it when a fan wants to know more than him. What was NOT my case!

It's a pity he and some other people have interpreted this way!  :(
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:07:36 PM by wildstraits »

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 08:01:49 PM »
Nothing wrong with you sharing it, after all it was online in the social media, not in a personal talk.

These seven deadly sins you mentioned is exactly the reason of his attitude, but this can be attributed not only to him.

MK is also often can be pissed off with commentators and approaching guys, etc., I bet if Mark would be online in social media, "F-bombs" would be all over the place on his behalf, so that's why he doesn't care about the whole thing in the first place.

OfflineWaterofLove

• Local Hero
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 08:15:42 PM »
I have also seen some uglyness from him, just read his comments to the people who disagree with him politically :o
I have to disagree with quizzaciously, I don't think Mark would behave this way in public. I think Mark has a lot more dignity than dropping those f-words everywhere, especially in writing where anyone can see it.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 08:28:39 PM »
He is an arsehole and his solo music is shit. He's been living off his brother's name and talent for nearly 40 years. HE can fuck off, not you.

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinezuzka

• Guitar George
    • deviantart
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »
I think that is a sad behaviour from grown up man :-[ :-[ I have just looked at his profile on fb and he seemed to delete the ´rude´part of conversation....

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 08:36:43 PM »
I have also seen some uglyness from him, just read his comments to the people who disagree with him politically :o
I have to disagree with quizzaciously, I don't think Mark would behave this way in public. I think Mark has a lot more dignity than dropping those f-words everywhere, especially in writing where anyone can see it.

Of course MK has dignity, in his situation he can chill and drink some wine comparing to his "less-successful siblings", excuse the term please.

This is a really strange game, where anybody could be offended. DK when asked about MK, MK when asked about DK, both when asked about old DS days. Yes, David receive 80% questions about Dire Straits, but so does MK. Do you really think he love being asked about Dire Straits, when he wrote 3 times more songs in his solo career, which lasts like 2 Dire Straits already? Just look at him in any TV interview.

My point, as a fan, is never approach my favourite musicians with an awkward questions. I'm not a journalist, it's not my expertise.

If you want to know something, ask it on AMIT, ask your friends, but never approach people with an awkward questions or you get an F-bomb.

As always, I'm not David's advocate or something, but you have to respect him. He may say "fuck off" (what a SIN! WOW!), but he do his thing, what he loves and wants and also without any millions of money and fans. In a some way, he's even "better than MK", don't kill me for that I just said.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 09:00:44 PM »
those kinds of discussions seem to "hit him" on FB all the time. seems to have a hard time to control himself, BUT, if you listen to the recording, Jackson CLEARLY says something like " welcome on stage David, pick, mark" or something similar. You can clearly hear him say "David"
so there can be no doubt about that.
that language though...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineWaterofLove

• Local Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 09:36:24 PM »

Of course MK has dignity, in his situation he can chill and drink some wine comparing to his "less-successful siblings", excuse the term please.

This is a really strange game, where anybody could be offended. DK when asked about MK, MK when asked about DK, both when asked about old DS days. Yes, David receive 80% questions about Dire Straits, but so does MK. Do you really think he love being asked about Dire Straits, when he wrote 3 times more songs in his solo career, which lasts like 2 Dire Straits already? Just look at him in any TV interview.

My point, as a fan, is never approach my favourite musicians with an awkward questions. I'm not a journalist, it's not my expertise.

If you want to know something, ask it on AMIT, ask your friends, but never approach people with an awkward questions or you get an F-bomb.

As always, I'm not David's advocate or something, but you have to respect him. He may say "fuck off" (what a SIN! WOW!), but he do his thing, what he loves and wants and also without any millions of money and fans. In a some way, he's even "better than MK", don't kill me for that I just said.

I don't think MK get so angry about DS as DK because MK was the motor and the reason why they succeeded but for DK is DS just a bad memory, he was never irreplacable while Mark was the whole DS so to say.
I also think MK knows that his solo carreer is good but will never come even close to DS, DS was pure perfection. I'm not sure why he never managed to make that success as a solo artist, but probably because he went down a different path than rock.

I understand that DK gets angry, but he should be mature enough now to just let it go. He can answer without that immature name calling. It seems to me that he carries around a lot of anger and that it doesn't take much to make him explode.

David would never be able to sell anything without his brother making him a name. So just mooching of his brother is not "better than MK" in my opinion. Maybe he should have found something else to do, that was his own, instead of always being "MK's brother". I can't imagine he likes that label

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 09:49:46 PM »
He is an arsehole and his solo music is shit. He's been living off his brother's name and talent for nearly 40 years. HE can fuck off, not you.

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk
Never a truer word said. He really is an unpleasant man and without DS would be a nobody. His own music is unbearable dull.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 36 queries.