Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: David Knopfler- The indelicate  (Read 11106 times)

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
Re: David Knopfler- The indelicate
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 12:27:48 AM »
Jesus what a jerk..

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 12:46:48 AM »
So much hate for a couple of deleted f-words? C'mon people, I wonder how many of you don't like DK only because MK doesn't like him. Phew.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 08:12:41 AM »
No, nothing to do with the F-bombs, I've always thought he was an arsehole. I emailed him circa 1997 and he was a twat then. And if his music wasn't shit he surely would have had more success.

I don't slavishly follow MK. For example, he doesn't like The Times newspaper but if somebody left it on a train I would read it.

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 08:28:14 AM »
Having seen him in concert from the front row last year, I can only agree that his music is unbelievably dull and dreary, but worst of all his remarks, during that evening, about MK were disgraceful, bearing in mind he didn't know who was in the audience.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 06:45:16 AM »
C'mon people, I wonder how many of you don't like DK only because MK doesn't like him. Phew.

There is one flaw in your line of reasoning, Foma.
DK is just an unpleasant person on his own, regardless of our attitude to his sibling.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 05:03:37 PM »
I know Brunno a bit, we are both from Brazil and used to be in touch. He's a good man and a huge fan. I'm sure he meant well, he's obsessed with DS' early years and really looks up to David. However, his English can be misleading. That being said, if someone posts a video and claims that was there it's a little rude to belie them. We tend to go easy on Mark when talking about sausages, helmets and dentists but we don't give Dave the same treatment. Maybe he overreacted, maybe he didn't, but I can easily put myself in his shoes and figure him out in this specific episode. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:31:50 PM by ed_raposo »
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »
There are many people ready to shot their guns against anyone who is not MK and left DS, Mk band or was left out of any of his bands for whatever the reason, when they have a tiny chance to shot...

Is like anything Mk does or says is gold, and anything the others (like David, Alan, Phil or evento John...) is shit and deserves to be ridiculed...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:00:29 PM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineWaterofLove

• Local Hero
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 10:47:39 PM »
Having seen him in concert from the front row last year, I can only agree that his music is unbelievably dull and dreary, but worst of all his remarks, during that evening, about MK were disgraceful, bearing in mind he didn't know who was in the audience.   

What did he say about MK?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 11:24:49 PM »
Lol this screen from The Everly Brothers documentary pretty much sums up the relationships of most brothers out there.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:27:23 PM by quizzaciously »

Offlinemitchellneil

• Guitar George
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 01:10:56 AM »
I locked horns with DK during the Brexit campaign. He gets very vocal and brave behind his keyboard. I was sworn at and called all sorts just for arguing a different political view. Davids version of a heated debate quickly turns into something very distasteful with profanities thrown in for no real reason. He wouldn't have been that rude to my face as he would have got a good slap. I think there is a lot of anger that he still has a mortgage and lives in a very modest house worth about £600,000 whilst his brother lives in luxury. It's a bit like buying a lottery ticket and losing it. He threw in the towel with dire straits too early and probably regrets this if the truth be known. Lots of anger which is very sad, especially for a man of his age.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:48:22 PM by mitchellneil »

Love Expresso

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 12:20:39 PM »
Good post and a lot of truth in it. I wonder after thinking about MK never saying a bad word about David if it was not a good decision from him to throw his Brother out of the band. Maybe MK 's behaviour is related to David's bad manners.

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 12:42:03 PM »
I personally know some people who are GREAT people, they smart and all, but sometimes I saw them arguing about this shitty politics.
Man, even myself, I got in real trouble here on AMIT, calling people very bad words, F-bombing everybody. While talking about politics.

So, it's a very natural thing to make war on our brothers in arms while talking about politics, why David is so special then? Politics is ****.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 01:04:40 PM »
I personally know some people who are GREAT people, they smart and all, but sometimes I saw them arguing about this shitty politics.
Man, even myself, I got in real trouble here on AMIT, calling people very bad words, F-bombing everybody. While talking about politics.

So, it's a very natural thing to make war on our brothers in arms while talking about politics, why David is so special then? Politics is ****.

You know what they say about politics and religion - they should never be discussed.

I wonder what he thinks of Wee Nippy...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 06:50:24 PM »
I locked horns with DK during the Brexit campaign. He gets very vocal and brave behind his keyboard. I was sworn at and called all sorts just for arguing a different political view. Davids version of a heated debate quickly turns into something very distasteful with profanities thrown in for no real reason. He wouldn't have been that rude to my face as he would have got a good slap. I think there is a lot of anger that he still has a mortgage and lives in a very modest house worth about £400,000 whilst his brother lives in luxury. It's a bit like buying a lottery ticket and losing it. He threw in the towel with dire straits too early and probably regrets this if the truth be known. Lots of anger which is very sad, especially for a man of his age.
where did you get the house price from?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinecaci99

• Guitar George
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2016, 12:49:23 PM »
I don't know guys. I say leave the brothers alone, they have enough mess to solve (or not) between themselves.
Was he being rude? To some extent, yes. But at the same time, I don't like this politically correct speech of nowadays. I like it when people express themselves without hiding behind carefully PR chosen words which mean nothing at the end.
don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 40 queries.