Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: David Knopfler- The indelicate  (Read 11109 times)

Offlinemitchellneil

• Guitar George
Re: David Knopfler- The indelicate
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2016, 06:52:58 PM »
I locked horns with DK during the Brexit campaign. He gets very vocal and brave behind his keyboard. I was sworn at and called all sorts just for arguing a different political view. Davids version of a heated debate quickly turns into something very distasteful with profanities thrown in for no real reason. He wouldn't have been that rude to my face as he would have got a good slap. I think there is a lot of anger that he still has a mortgage and lives in a very modest house worth about £400,000 whilst his brother lives in luxury. It's a bit like buying a lottery ticket and losing it. He threw in the towel with dire straits too early and probably regrets this if the truth be known. Lots of anger which is very sad, especially for a man of his age.
where did you get the house price from?

Not sure how true it is but someone who lives near him told me he paid about £400-£450 K a few years ago. I've also heard he just sold it for about £600k, not much for a man who started one of the biggest bands in the world!!
Pretty sad really..you couldn't buy an ex council house in my town for that. Maybe this is where the anger/resentment comes from. John illsley isn't like this as he is a multi millionaire and seems content with his life.

I recognise these symptoms as my own brother doesn't talk to me which is sad. People tell me it's because he has had very little success  and is jealous of (big brothers) my house and wealth.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:14:20 PM by mitchellneil »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2016, 08:55:34 PM »
I locked horns with DK during the Brexit campaign. He gets very vocal and brave behind his keyboard. I was sworn at and called all sorts just for arguing a different political view. Davids version of a heated debate quickly turns into something very distasteful with profanities thrown in for no real reason. He wouldn't have been that rude to my face as he would have got a good slap. I think there is a lot of anger that he still has a mortgage and lives in a very modest house worth about £600,000 whilst his brother lives in luxury. It's a bit like buying a lottery ticket and losing it. He threw in the towel with dire straits too early and probably regrets this if the truth be known. Lots of anger which is very sad, especially for a man of his age.

In every group of people, there's always must be one leader. And all the other people have to do nothing but to be jealous at least for 1%.
Would you say the same about John Lennon? He certainly was a bit jealous about Paul McCartney's success, and they was almost brothers.

I mean, with a man like MK, everybody around him just get smaller. John Illsley, Guy, David, Jack Sonni, you know all the guys.

Of course David must be jealous! Any of you would do the same if stepped in his shoes. He doesn't deserve all the hate.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 01:02:48 PM »
I reckon if David made the first step to resolve issues with his brother that might dissipate a lot of the perceived hatred inside him.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2016, 05:21:48 PM »
Oh yeah, this is of course what you would do, but not them. Well, John Illsley is perfectly fine, as well as Guy, as well as David.
I just don't know... at least they don't want to get anything from MK, playing his songs, etc. They write their own music and stuff.

My main question, what's so special about David? He's jealous a little bit and angry a little bit, and so what? I know this is a rhetorical questions...

Love Expresso

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2016, 05:38:41 PM »
I think that is pretty obvious. Especially on social media he acted unrestrained and abusive to user or fb "friends", often in a most unpleasant way with a lot of swearing and unobjective in political or social matters. He showed more than once that he takes everything personal, even appropriate themes and is not able to lead a proper discussion without swearing and insult. All in all I would call his behaviour immature.

LE
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:45:43 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2016, 09:34:05 PM »
To me, it's really sad to be perfectly honest.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 40 queries.