Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Best DIGITAL RECORDINGS- (2010-2013-2015)  (Read 9035 times)

OfflineStiglar

• Local Hero
Re: Best DIGITAL RECORDINGS- (2010-2013-2015)
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 01:32:28 AM »
The first par of the OES tour IMHO feature Mark at its best. A bit rough, still adjusting, very interesting. Once the "settings" found turning into autopilot on the rest of the tour but even in this mode some part of the show were amazing, especially SOS starting played by four and ending full band.

Agreed! Some of those early dublin recordings with "I think I love you too much" and setting me up are just awesome. I think the LOG tour is my favourite though.

with Solo MK I really enjoyed the 2010 tour, The show I saw (I haven't seen many) he played great and I really liked the setlist. Although I understand he didn't always play that great on that tour.. There's too many songs I like from recent albums now It's hard to go back to the GH tour even though his guitar playing was far better. As mentioned by others some of the arrangements are a bit long/slow, STP tour was pretty cool, Especially when threw in Wag the Dog, But I really miss stuff like HFB and others that came later.... I thought on the last tour some of the versions of "Going Home" were absolutely brilliant, lots of energy and just the perfect end to the show, I wish he'd do that more!

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2017, 09:48:34 PM »
with any tour just catch mark 2nd or 3rd gig in  or in the middle and one at the end then you can have a good over view of playing set list changes , playing songs different ways ,

tobe fair see mark get bashed quiet a lot on here, (his own fans fourm) , were all just blessed he is still playing and we still go and see him play to still a good standard , and yes he is 67 at the end of the day , and people moan about sets , at least he plays the sets well, people moan about last tour but by the end still has changed from the 2013 tour , and high lights for me sultan's back at every show, played very some venues others just well, hill farmers for me on the whole was better than 2013 and 2010 and even 2011, dallas 2015 was the best for me , , yes I would love other songs in the set but just glad to see mark play to a good standard and he is 67 chaps:)))), looking forward to 2018 so much
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 11:01:52 PM »
The first par of the OES tour IMHO feature Mark at its best. A bit rough, still adjusting, very interesting. Once the "settings" found turning into autopilot on the rest of the tour but even in this mode some part of the show were amazing, especially SOS starting played by four and ending full band.

Agreed! Some of those early dublin recordings with "I think I love you too much" and setting me up are just awesome. I think the LOG tour is my favourite though.

with Solo MK I really enjoyed the 2010 tour, The show I saw (I haven't seen many) he played great and I really liked the setlist. Although I understand he didn't always play that great on that tour.. There's too many songs I like from recent albums now It's hard to go back to the GH tour even though his guitar playing was far better. As mentioned by others some of the arrangements are a bit long/slow, STP tour was pretty cool, Especially when threw in Wag the Dog, But I really miss stuff like HFB and others that came later.... I thought on the last tour some of the versions of "Going Home" were absolutely brilliant, lots of energy and just the perfect end to the show, I wish he'd do that more!

The early recordings had some interesting setlists but they were all making mistakes and not good musically.  They were all searching for the best arrangements until well into the tour.  The BIA tour, for example hit the ground running straight away.  I think it's telling that no radio or TV broadcasts were made until the Woburn Abbey concert in June '92 and OTN wasn't recorded until May '92.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2017, 08:59:57 PM »
Well, he went on a downward spiral after the highs of the BIA tour in '85/'86 IMHO.  Even on the OES tour he never hit the same level of performance, however it doesn't mean the other tours aren't worth listening to.  :)
uniondale. best show of the best tour. just sayin....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2017, 09:04:39 PM »
and all in all, i always REALLY like the last BIA show in sidney....damn...oh and Portobello belle in dublin,...and...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 36 queries.