Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RIP Chuck Berry  (Read 6410 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: RIP Chuck Berry
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 08:14:29 PM »
Eric Clapton "racism" is maybe a little more complex than his infamous statement?  :think
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 08:14:43 AM »
I suppose the point is not all musicians are perfect human beings

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »
That speech of him does hardly give any room for doubts that he is NOT racist, don't you think so?
But it's an old story and I think we already had a thread about it years ago.

LE

Did he really say those things? I'd never read that. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be around muslims these days, I'm sorry to say that in case it hurts one's feelings, but how can Eric Clapton have issues with black people? If that statement came out of his mouth that's the most incoherent thing any human being has ever said in modern history.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 02:34:41 AM »
... I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be around muslims these days, I'm sorry to say that in case it hurts one's feelings...

Just seeing Ed's above post now, and I hope I am not taking this out of context, but the comment really surprises me, and i believe should not go by unchallenged. 

I don't have a problem being around Muslims now, or ever. 

By following the logic that all Muslims share the guilt of the extremists among them, one may not want to be around any Christians either. 
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »
... I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be around muslims these days, I'm sorry to say that in case it hurts one's feelings...

Just seeing Ed's above post now, and I hope I am not taking this out of context, but the comment really surprises me, and i believe should not go by unchallenged. 

By following the logic that all Muslims share the guilt of the extremists among them, one may not want to be around any Christians either.

Please can we keep religion and politics away from AMIT, which is a music forum first and foremost.   These things can easily escalate, especially in the present climate.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »

Please can we keep religion and politics away from AMIT, which is a music forum first and foremost.   These things can easily escalate, especially in the present climate.

Agree!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 07:26:08 PM »
I also read that Clapton was trying actually to be sarcastic and ironic with that speech, but as he was quite drunk, it went wrong...

I don't think so. Eric came back at least once on the subject in an interview, explaining his view.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 05:53:35 PM »

I meant that given all the exposure it's natural that some people are scared of muslims, don't you think? I don't blame them as well as I don't blame anyone for being scared of anything. I'm scared of heights and open sea. A fear is not necessarily reasonable. I'm sorry if anyone got offended but I think one would be digging too deep if it felt offensive.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 07:00:08 PM »
Can we please stop talking politics and religion here on AMIT? The past learns that it practically always gets out of hand and topics or users have to be removed. I don't come here to read politics and please don't tell me 'Then you don't read it' since this is a Chuck Berry topic.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 07:34:05 PM »
Can we please stop talking politics and religion here on AMIT? The past learns that it practically always gets out of hand and topics or users have to be removed. I don't come here to read politics and please don't tell me 'Then you don't read it' since this is a Chuck Berry topic.

I was just explaining myself, don't wanna be branded racist. And to be honest I don't really see why my comment was turned into a political view anyway. I guess I'll have to measure and filter my words from now on - if there will be any.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 07:34:27 PM »
I removed all my messages off topic, sorry  :-[
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 09:46:28 PM »
I apologize for going off-topic, I fully agree that this site should be politic-free and I am sorry for going down that road.  These are very troubling times, and I have become rather sensitive.

Ed, I also sincerely apologize for misunderstanding your meaning and for replying in a way that was unfair to you. 
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 02:12:45 AM »
I apologize for going off-topic, I fully agree that this site should be politic-free and I am sorry for going down that road.  These are very troubling times, and I have become rather sensitive.

Ed, I also sincerely apologize for misunderstanding your meaning and for replying in a way that was unfair to you.

That's ok, dear. It's a very sensitive subject and easy to misunderstand. Your DM was very kind as well, thanks for that.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.