Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Should MK retire from music ?  (Read 15304 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Should MK retire from music ?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 04:32:43 PM »
Why should he retired? If someone does not like new songs skip them, don't buy any cd, don't go to gigs,... But please let's others to have fun ...
Best post in this thread!

Agreed. The day I'm asking for Mark to retire, I might need to wonder about retiring myself.

Exactly, if you don't like it anymore. Don't listen, don't go to concerts and also... don't moan about it. In this forum are a lot of people who loves his music till now. So let everyone be happy and enjoy what they like best.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 04:58:41 PM »
Why should he retired? If someone does not like new songs skip them, don't buy any cd, don't go to gigs,... But please let's others to have fun ...
Best post in this thread!

Agreed. The day I'm asking for Mark to retire, I might need to wonder about retiring myself.

Exactly, if you don't like it anymore. Don't listen, don't go to concerts and also... don't moan about it. In this forum are a lot of people who loves his music till now. So let everyone be happy and enjoy what they like best.

:clap
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 07:21:05 PM »
Today Van Morrison has announced and will release his second album while Mark is working on his one on September, 22nd. Just sayin :lol

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2017, 09:51:19 PM »
Maybe it is time for me to retire?

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2017, 10:04:56 PM »
Retire? MK still make great musics. His taste has change from before and maybe you/we have change too. This is not like marriag you know.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2017, 10:14:33 PM »
No controversy att all!! I simply don't think MK should retire!! But it isn't up to us to tell him what to do... Have a nice summer vacations everybody.

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:19:56 PM by Marijo58 »
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2017, 10:20:19 PM »
Wow, I think we have an answer from the master himself :lol

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 09:36:37 AM »
Today Van Morrison has announced and will release his second album while Mark is working on his one on September, 22nd. Just sayin :lol

What are you referring to, quizzaciously?

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2017, 11:21:25 AM »
Take a look at Paul Simon. Stil making music at 75 and doing smaller tours (4 weeks) in the US and Europe. His voice in live concerts is stil very good. Perhaps this is also possible for MK when he stays in good health. At this point I see no reason at all for him to stop making new music and going on tour...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 11:47:55 AM »

What are you referring to, quizzaciously?

Just saying, as I said. But funny, still. See, if you would not stick to the "album only tours" schedule, you have more freedom, even to release an album a year. Anyway, this topic is pointless, I don't get it. My topics was deleted numerous of times, but here nonsense question right there in the title of the topic, I don't get it. Let's discuss wether Mark's gay or not, maybe?

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 12:18:28 PM »
Should Mark retire? Short answer. NO.

You are talking about one of the greatest guitarists and songwriters of all time!! He has been a huge influence on the art of songwriting and guitar playing, he has got more prolific as he gets older, he can do everything, sing, write lyrics, compose music, play guitar, he is quite simply one of the greatest musical artists the world has ever known!!! He doesn't have to do it, but he loves to do it, it's a compulsion with him, it has been his life's work. The day Mark stops making music will be a very sad day. I remember the likes of Hank Marvin and Mike Oldfield saying they had gone into retirement, but they both released new albums this year, I think if you reach the level people like that do, you never retire. I think as fans we have been spoiled by Mark over the solo years, and long may it continue.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »
gjamesfloyd - I like it  :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
Captain Obvious is crying reading this thread :lol

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »
Captain Obvious is crying reading this thread :lol

Because question was retoric?

I don't care. I think topic is good. MK is great music man and should not retire because he create art for art and not for money. I will like another format for concert and other setlist, but MK is superstar and has curse of mandatory hits. Shorter concert tour and smaller place is better for him now.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2017, 06:07:50 PM »
Should Mark retire? Short answer. NO.

You are talking about one of the greatest guitarists and songwriters of all time!! He has been a huge influence on the art of songwriting and guitar playing, he has got more prolific as he gets older, he can do everything, sing, write lyrics, compose music, play guitar, he is quite simply one of the greatest musical artists the world has ever known!!! He doesn't have to do it, but he loves to do it, it's a compulsion with him, it has been his life's work. The day Mark stops making music will be a very sad day. I remember the likes of Hank Marvin and Mike Oldfield saying they had gone into retirement, but they both released new albums this year, I think if you reach the level people like that do, you never retire. I think as fans we have been spoiled by Mark over the solo years, and long may it continue.

Agree 100%. 

I am so grateful that MK is writing and performing, and cannot imagine otherwise.
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 36 queries.