Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Latest Dire Fakes News  (Read 3211 times)

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
Latest Dire Fakes News
« on: July 29, 2009, 06:52:42 PM »
Hi Folks, just a quick update from the world of Dire Fakes.

In August, we're at the wonderful Beaverwood Club in Chislehurst on Thursday 20th, so please come along if you're in South London/North Kent.  I just saw the Noodleheads there last week and it's a nice venue.  The following night, we're at The Robin in Bilston, along with ZZsTop (guess who they're a tribute to).  This is a fairly large venue, so we could do with a massive turnout.  If you're in that neck of the woods, please come along.

We have a bit of a quiet September, when we might do a spot of recording, then we're back at The Tropic in Ruislip in October.  We had a great night there last time, when our old drummer Phil stood in at very short notice for the injured Mr Bringloe.  Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers

Jon

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
Re: Latest Dire Fakes News
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:05:48 PM »
I hope to see you guys before the concerts in RAh may 2010.

Maybe it is an idea to, if Mark is not playing that day, to do a performance at the 29th of may somewhere in London?
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »
That might be a very good idea  :).

We have a new gig added at The Boom Boom Club in Sutton on 19/09/09.  The band has always been really well received at this venue and we are eager to get back there again.  I hope some of you can make it.

I hope to have news of a gig somewhere in the Nottingham area within the next few days - stay tuned.

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 10:25:19 AM »
Just to add, we now have a confimed date at The Sands Venue, Gainsborough on September 26th.  As Paul, our regular drummer, cannot make it, our old drummer Phil has once again kindly agreed to help us out, so the set might be a lttle different... 

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 36 queries.