Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Have you ever dreamed about MK?  (Read 21802 times)

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
Have you ever dreamed about MK?
« on: December 20, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »
Well as I often dream about MK & Co, I thought it could be funny to share our dreams here !
Sometime ago I used to write down all my MK& CO dreams just to not forget them , because some are really funny... But I won't share them all... it would take me a day !!!

Here is my latest (last night) lol

I went to Lyon for a MK gig...  I couldn't park, find sandwiches ect... I walked a long time in the Old Lyon then found the venue...
I came in and there was the big surprise... The stage was actually looking like a giant bed... with MY bed cover and pillows !!!

Thanks god they didn't come on stage and trample it !!!! Hey that was my bed

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Have you ever dreamed MK?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »
Yes, I have, lots of times, but usually it doesn't resemble MK at all!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
Re: Have you ever dreamed about MK?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
I have dreamed about MK many times. Not rude ones though like you ladies. Mainly about meeting him after the gigs etc.....

Last week though i dreamed that i was in Tescos shopping, and Mark walked past me with a shopping trolly wearing a pink jumper and a santa hat on. I kept trying to pluck up the courage to go up to him and say hello. But typicaly i woke up before i found out.

Cheers   BBB :)
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 07:44:36 PM »
Never about him.

Actually, I always dreams that I AM him  ;D
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 08:05:38 PM »
A few times. Not that often.
The most memorable time, I dreamed I was meeting MK, and I was so excited. He extended his hand. Just as I was about to timidly shake it, the phone rang.
The phone ringing was for real. It woke me up. I looked at the clock, and it was 6 a.m. on a Saturday. It was my next-door neighbor telling me I had to get up and get my car washed immediately because a passing commercial airliner had just dumped chemical toilet waste on our cars. He had heard it hit.
I went out, and there was a line of bluish/whitish chemical running about 100 feet or more across our parking area and across our cars.
I don't know why the heavens decided to dump all over my MK dream. I thought it was kind of rude.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 05:30:06 AM »
I had dreamt of MK a couple of times.  I don't remember them anymore.  It's kind of like I knew it was him, but his face was so vague.  I can interpret dreams a little bit.  I hope my dream of meeting him one day will become true though. :)  Wouldn't that be so cool...  For now, I'm drifting off to my dreamland, perhaps MK will be there tonight.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 12:19:01 PM »
Yep MK appeared in my dreams a lot of times and most of them where short ones.Only one time I dreamed like I was having a guitar lesson with him at some beach by the sea.Because my father doesn't have hair too It transformed into him sometimes lol and I really can't remember it that well ,but I know it was a very long dream and Mark played fantastic guitar tunes all the time and talking about his guitar style like he always does(lol I surely have watched those interviews a million times).And one thing I will always remember that he said was "Listen to Blues,Listen to a lot of Blues music".I don't know if MK's style was influenced that much by a lot of blues but that's what he said lol.Then the killer clock alarm destroyed this beautiful dream which surely for me was the best of my life.Cheers :P

Offlinejcser

• Guitar George
  • no matter who you are, you are. - James Taylor
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 05:42:13 PM »
I had one dream about him that was so disturbing I did my best to disremember it as soon as I woke up. In the perverse nature of things (if you want to recall a dream, it won't come back), I remember just enough of this one that I know I don't want to remember the rest. I also had a dream once about his father (!) coming up to me and saying, "So you like my kid?" My fave dream, however, involved me living in a cottage on his property and caretaking the gardens.

Rollergirl

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 06:01:49 PM »
well, Jacki, you know we want to hear about the disturbing dream! Go on, don't be shy  ;D

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »
Come on Jacki ! I'll tell one of my funiest ...then

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 01:52:39 PM »
Yup, I have dreamt that I have met him several times but every time the camera doesnt work or I cant get the camera working on my mobile phone.Its obviously your subconscious working overtime as the dreams become more frequent when theres a tour happening.
Then when I met him for real I still thought that I was dreaming :o :o The picture in my head of Guy & MK playing a guitar between them & MK sitting a foot away from me playing his guitar at the meet'n'greet will live with me forever :o
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 11:26:02 PM »
I have had dreams where I'm at a show, but fail to have my recording gear with me, or something goes wrong with it. Not always MK related though. The funny thing is that I always wake up before the show begins.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 12:31:21 AM »
My tour dreams are angst driven.    I can't find a parking space, or I'm stuck in traffic, or once there, the tickets are nowhere to be found.   (Really happened in Berkeley in -06, but they eventually showed up.   The ticket guy told me he'd have let me in anyway, but I think he was just being nice.
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlinejcser

• Guitar George
  • no matter who you are, you are. - James Taylor
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 04:22:11 AM »
The disturbing dream was not funny or titillating in the least, but dark and morbid. I do not care to even try to refind it. It had despair and sadness in it.

The cottage dream, on the other hand, was charming. I don't recall that he was ever actually visible in the dream, but just looking after his gardens made me happy :)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 07:55:23 AM »
Last night, strange enough I saw MK in my dream.  I saw him sitting on a bench reading a book or something like that.  i wasn't even in the dream.  It was so brief but very sweet.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 38 queries.