Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Royal Albert Halls - Seats  (Read 27146 times)

Offlinemishalgunner

• Guitar George
Royal Albert Halls - Seats
« on: April 10, 2013, 10:23:08 PM »
Hey Guys

Travelling to London to see the shows at RAH - quite excited.

I'm going over 2 nights, and my friends have been kind enough to get me the following seats:

First Time
Stall O - Seats 109 and 100 the literal last seats (I'm scared they'll be behind the stage)

Second Time
Stall M2 Seats 90-92

The advantage is both nights are first row seats, but I've never been to RAH - just seen theatremonkey and the like -

Any ideas on whether I should be happy or sad with these seats? Can't wait!

I got tickets

Love Expresso

Re: Royal Albert Halls - Seats
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 10:29:46 PM »
I've been there only once, but after all I know and have heard, there are hardly any bad places in the RAH, apart from the middle and last rows in the arena itself. Stall seats are all ok, I don't think with O and M you are behind the stage.

Enjoy your time at the Albert!

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:37:47 PM »
O and M in the stalls are both great seats.  I've sat in both myself in the past - they have swivel seats and a great view, probably better than my arena seats this year (my first time in the arena).

The only ones behind the stage are the chorus sections which I have sat in once.  An unusual perspective looking over Guys shoulder all night but although not too bad to experience once I wouldn't really want to do it again unless it was all that was left.  It was surprising how often Mark turned around though!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:40:23 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »
Actually there are some seats in the stalls where you are quite behind the band...

The stalls that are more close to the stage have a lateral view to the musicians, actually in that part you see the back of MK more than MK himself, and in some of them you see the back of Guy too...

Use your imagination and draw a line from the stage to the stalls... There are many seats at the stalls that are behind the stage line, and all that stalls have a lateral or back view of the musicians.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineCarrionSpy

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
Just a question for you guys that know the RAH . I have seats at the Arena A 3 row , 12,13 are they good? Should I feel lucky ? :think
What made you think there'd be a living in sheep?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
Just a question for you guys that know the RAH . I have seats at the Arena A 3 row , 12,13 are they good? Should I feel lucky ? :think

Look very good on the plan I have. :thumbsup

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 01:12:52 PM »
In the arena you are lucky if you have the firsts rows or your seat is at the edges, as the seat in front of you is not exactly in front of you, so you have a good view. In the firsts rows in the middle even you have some heads in front of you, the view is good, but if you are in the middle or at the end of that seats, you will have many heads and a bad view like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atmilinko/5750331577/in/set-72157626662119809#
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:34:01 PM by Fieneke2 »
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »
Here's a question then:  if MK.com pre-sale want's to promote priority seating and have the best seats then why does it offer the arena section at all when most of them have a restricted/poor view?  Surely it should offer seats in the stalls sections that are nearest the stage O, M, G and H - these are great seats. 

I'm beginning to regret ordering through MK.com yet again because on the first night I'm a number of rows back and I could have had a stalls seat easily, where I've been before, knowing what the view was like. :smack

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »
@ dmg  -  I believe the seats I have on the first night are the ones you will have on the second night - Arena F, Row 3, seats 27, 28!   :)

I would have chosen stalls seats, but I wanted to be able to get to the stage quickly for the encores with other fans I know!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 03:34:17 PM »
@ dmg  -  I believe the seats I have on the first night are the ones you will have on the second night - Arena F, Row 3, seats 27, 28!   :)

I would have chosen stalls seats, but I wanted to be able to get to the stage quickly for the encores with other fans I know!   ;)

My reasoning for choosing arena seats this time too!  Keep the seat warm! ;)

Offlinemishalgunner

• Guitar George
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »
Thanks guys!!

What amazing responses - I'm feeling alot better now, because the drips of info you get on the net just make one more nervous.

I've been a Mark devotee since I heard "Sailing..." when I was 15, and he's been my favorite musician since then. I'm turning 30 in May, so thought the best way to celebrate would be to take my wife (hostage), go to London (my favorite city) and watch the best musician.

I'm confirmed for 2 nights, but like a maniac, I'm thinking of a third night. I hope he varies the playlist - what do you guys think?

First Time
Stall O - Seats 109 and 100 the literal last seats (I'm scared they'll be behind the stage)

Second Time
Stall M2 Seats 90-92

So my seats look good - here's to hoping and praying! There's no place to see Mark like the RAH I suppose...

So do you guys think he'll mix it up, or go straight missionary?

Thanks!!!!!!

Love Expresso

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »
He won't change the set list at the RAH. Maybe he has one song in the set (after Sultans, before Marbletown) that he changes. The set list will be pretty static from the very first show on,  I fear. I cannot believe he makes all these show available from show one on and really gives us the opportunity to collect a lot of different songs.
So the question will be, like i 2010: Will it be Monteleone or Get Lucky? Or none of them? Will it be Cleaning My Gun or Why Aye Man? And that's it.

Sorry if this is not the answer you want to hear.  ::) But I guess that's the way it is with Mark. You have to be aware of it when going to his shows. You
will never have such thing as spontaneity or surprises. But you will get a very high level of musicianship throughout the complete tour from him and his band. That's not too bad either.

LE

Offlinemishalgunner

• Guitar George
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 07:11:51 PM »
@Love Expresso

Fair enough, and thanks for the long response :-)

It makes sense, and at the end of the day, I'm going for the high level of musicianship as you said!

I've never been to see him live before, so I'm extremely excited - How long does he usually play for, and does he do a mix of songs from his albums, or is it more biased towards his newest album at the time?

Thanks...

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »
About 2 hours concert. Some DS and from soloalbums As well

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 39 queries.