Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 31:2013.06.11, Vikingskipet, Hamar, Norway # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 16695 times)

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
When listening to the recording of Marbletown from Glasgow I hear that John plays something similar to what he did at Hamar, so I guess it's not that special.. But it was still great :)

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
Thanks for sharing Tobben! Look forward to hear about Bergen and Stavanger as well :)

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
I will not be in Bergen, but on my way to Stavanger now.. Actually I'm on the plane :)

Will do the same for Stavanger tomorrow :)

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
Ah, just assumed you were going to all this year as well:) Hard to beat Norwegians in-air wifi..when it works. Have a nice time in Stvgr, guess we'll hear from Kay or Jarle about Bergen tonight then :)

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
Here is a nice video from YouTube of Piper To The End:

Good sound too :)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Did somebody noticed the incredible solo on KOG?

It's unbelievable! It's the longest of the tour so far! Solo goes on and on (1min and almost 30 seconds!) Other solo's were lasting for 1 minute to 1 minute and 5 sec. (f.e Amsterdam, Prague & Glasgow)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music

It's unbelievable! It's the longest of the tour so far! Solo goes on and on (1min and almost 30 seconds!) Other solo's were lasting for 1 minute to 1 minute and 5 sec. (f.e Amsterdam, Prague & Glasgow)

is there a video or a recording (apart from usb) ? I cant' find anyone on youtube

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

is there a video or a recording (apart from usb) ? I cant' find anyone on youtube

I couldn't find it on youtube either.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

I noticed too!  I think it sounded a bit like someone forgot to wind up the song at the usual bit, so the rest of the band just kept going!  If you listen carefully you might just sense something.  It is great though and I think best ever! :thumbsup
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Yeah, more 'rounds' than the usual.

It happened also with Hillfarmers blues in Birmingham 2010. That solo is also longer than all the other versions.

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

I noticed too!  I think it sounded a bit like someone forgot to wind up the song at the usual bit, so the rest of the band just kept going!  If you listen carefully you might just sense something.  It is great though and I think best ever! :thumbsup

That was the first thing which came to my mind too, I got the feeling it was played a bit to slow ,with Mark vocals very close-miked.
maybe if they speed or wind it up so to speak the solo would have been just as long ?  ;D

Still a nice version, and I can carefully say that I rate this whole show high (imho)
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Best version of the tour, normally it's 1 minute solo. Now the band and MK goes on where they normally stops.

surferboy

So Dutchessy, would you recommend the stick of this show?

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Best version of the tour, normally it's 1 minute solo. Now the band and MK goes on where they normally stops.

I was kidding about the length stuff, though I still have the feeling that the song has "less speed" than the other versions,
you can hear Mark (close miked recorded) search were to "put" his words on the melody line (imho).

The solo goes on indeed a few bars more and last longer.....that doesn't automatically  make it the best version for me, although it is because of this kind of issues a version to remember for sure. Which is good enough for me  :thumbsup

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
So Dutchessy, would you recommend the stick of this show?

I would.... but I am not Dutchessy  ;)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 37 queries.