Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: BBC4 Sessions?  (Read 69156 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: BBC4 Sessions?
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2013, 11:58:37 PM »
gator blood was also played. mikel just posted.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2013, 12:00:27 AM »
and NO jools!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »
gator blood was also played. mikel just posted.
Don't care much about this one, leaves me as cold as with IUTC :( why no postcards instead ? :(

And no song from the great GL album... Don't care much about CMG but Piper would have been lovely instead of a 3rd version of GH. Was Nigel there at least ?

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2013, 12:07:04 AM »
Great set list! Hopefully it will be released in full! (Probably not...) But Kingdom of Gold is in it, therefore I could live without Sultans anytime!

This will probably not released in complete, or what do you think?

LE
If they again cut TR out of the release (if there is one), I'm going to strangle the guilty one with my bare hands

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2013, 12:54:54 AM »
Wasn' it the plan this year ??? ANIL 2 ??

yes seems ANIL 2 really

don't forget that the dvd will NOT contain 2 songs that were actually played
Can I chose them ? Sony and IUTC ? :)

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2013, 12:55:53 AM »
Wasn' it the plan this year ??? ANIL 2 ??

yes seems ANIL 2 really

don't forget that the dvd will NOT contain 2 songs that were actually played

I think the guy from the setlist knew this and that's why Sultans isn't mentioned ;)

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2013, 08:28:21 AM »
btw just type 'live at the royal albert hall' at Amazon

you get a ton of artists DVDs there

but Guy Fletcher says it's too expensive...

I'd guess that it depends on the expected sale figures. A "Recent chartstormer artist live at RAH" DVD is going to sell in huge numbers. I assume that another reason lies in the overhead MK has to pay due to his very high quality standard and touring lifestyle.

But I'm sure that a recording of the BBC4 sessions (e.g. in the shape of a bonus disc) will see the light of the day when in late 2014 a new album is about to released. (Disclaimer: This is just my own forecast, there are no rumours or indications of that.)

In another scenario the management may send a download link to the BBC Sessions for free to all members of AMIT as a gift for their everlasting allegiance.  ::)
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2013, 08:56:23 AM »
btw just type 'live at the royal albert hall' at Amazon

you get a ton of artists DVDs there

but Guy Fletcher says it's too expensive...

I'd guess that it depends on the expected sale figures. A "Recent chartstormer artist live at RAH" DVD is going to sell in huge numbers. I assume that another reason lies in the overhead MK has to pay due to his very high quality standard and touring lifestyle.

But I'm sure that a recording of the BBC4 sessions (e.g. in the shape of a bonus disc) will see the light of the day when in late 2014 a new album is about to released. (Disclaimer: This is just my own forecast, there are no rumours or indications of that.)

In another scenario the management may send a download link to the BBC Sessions for free to all members of AMIT as a gift for their everlasting allegiance.  ::)
When you say "recording", "bonus disc", do you mean audio or video ?
Audio would be of litle interest given the sticks, and late 2014 is very late...
I hope they simply do what they did in 2006 for RLRR: Summer, tour - November, DVD !!
It is said that RLRR sales figures were terrible and that's the reason why we haven't got a DVD/BD since.
But as great as it was, RLRR was advertised as a MK/Emmy concert, with very few tunes known to the public - only Speedway as a "rocking" song with some celebrity.
It could be different for a pure MK concert, with more rocking tunes (WII especially is known). If they include TR (they better do, or I kill them), that's one great and famous song that may trigger some sales. Of course, not playing Sultans (and therefore of course not including it on the DVD) will not help !

Since RLRR they have released the great and famous Alchemy concert in BD. Does anybody know the sales figures for that one ? it is probably the reference number, i.e. the maximum sales that such a product could get.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2013, 09:20:24 AM »
Audio would be of litle interest given the sticks, and late 2014 is very late...

I'd place my bet on a video release.

I hope they simply do what they did in 2006 for RLRR: Summer, tour - November, DVD !!
It is said that RLRR sales figures were terrible and that's the reason why we haven't got a DVD/BD since.
But as great as it was, RLRR was advertised as a MK/Emmy concert, with very few tunes known to the public - only Speedway as a "rocking" song with some celebrity.
It could be different for a pure MK concert, with more rocking tunes (WII especially is known). If they include TR (they better do, or I kill them), that's one great and famous song that may trigger some sales. Of course, not playing Sultans (and therefore of course not including it on the DVD) will not help !

Since RLRR they have released the great and famous Alchemy concert in BD. Does anybody know the sales figures for that one ? it is probably the reference number, i.e. the maximum sales that such a product could get.

For the approximate sales figures of Alchemy Blue Ray (Release 2010) I'd like you to have a look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy:_Dire_Straits_Live#Video

Sales figures of Adele live at the RAH 2011:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Royal_Albert_Hall_%28Adele_video%29#Charts_and_certifications

If I compare the numbers correctly (my head is slightly aching today, so please have a look for yourself), Adele has been selling more than two times better and it's on the market since 2011.

Regarding RLRR I'm about to make a confession, but please don't tell anyone: I absolutely cannot stand the voice of EH. I didn't manage yet to watch RLRR in one piece, as I have to fast forward all the time. The same happens with ATRR, which is a shame as there are some heart-meltingly beautiful songs on it. Some songs I do even assess as a pinnacle in the category of storytelling/observation songs about "common" people.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Love Expresso

« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2013, 09:45:42 AM »
Was that thing with ANIL 2? Was this really officially announced that way by someone? Or was it just fannish amit-talk?

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2013, 09:49:46 AM »

I'd place my bet on a video release.

For the approximate sales figures of Alchemy Blue Ray (Release 2010) I'd like you to have a look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy:_Dire_Straits_Live#Video

Sales figures of Adele live at the RAH 2011:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Royal_Albert_Hall_%28Adele_video%29#Charts_and_certifications

If I compare the numbers correctly (my head is slightly aching today, so please have a look for yourself), Adele has been selling more than two times better and it's on the market since 2011.

Regarding RLRR I'm about to make a confession, but please don't tell anyone: I absolutely cannot stand the voice of EH. I didn't manage yet to watch RLRR in one piece, as I have to fast forward all the time. The same happens with ATRR, which is a shame as there are some heart-meltingly beautiful songs on it. Some songs I do even assess as a pinnacle in the category of storytelling/observation songs about "common" people.
Thanks !
Not too sure on how to compare these figures though - are we talking about the VHS ? the laserdisc ? the recent DVD/BD ?
As for EH, you are puzzling me, I am absolutely fond of the blend of MK/EH voices, but I guess every taste is in nature :) IDUAP from Amsterdam 2013 is nice, but I prefer the 2006 RRLR version with EH and the "battle of guitars" way better.
Agree with you on the album though - it is a full MK album for me, and it is often underrated here. IDUAP, Rolling On, the title track... real wonders !

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:34 AM »
If they had planned to release this on DVD/BD, then surely playing Sultans is a must because it would be the deciding factor for many in whether they actually purchase it or not.  Not playing Sultans is either a massive mistake by MK or they don't plan on releasing a DVD/BD anyway.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »
Was that thing with ANIL 2? Was this really officially announced that way by someone? Or was it just fannish amit-talk?

LE
Good question.
I think it all started because Guy answered in a little-less-than-usual evasive way when asked if there will be a DVD/BR this time.
At first it was believed that the RAH shows would be filmed, with different songs every night, so that an exhaustive video compilation could be released.
Obvisouly we were dreaming, and when it was announced by Guy that the shows in RAH would not be filmed, all hopes converged to this BBC4 thing. So far Guy refused to confirm or infirm anything about it. Reading between the lines of this forum it seems that there *might* be a DVD project still going on, since he did not say it will not happen, even after confirmed that RAH shows would not be filmed.
I would love to know more...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »
If they had planned to release this on DVD/BD, then surely playing Sultans is a must because it would be the deciding factor for many in whether they actually purchase it or not.  Not playing Sultans is either a massive mistake by MK or they don't plan on releasing a DVD/BD anyway.
I can see where you are coming from, maybe Sultans was the reason why RLRR did not sell well...
Still, a "modern" version of Sultans is not what I'm looking for on a DVD... we already have OGWT,Chorus, BBC arena, Alchemy and Live Aid as official releases, all that are better than anything modern IMHO. What i want is the long-awaited WII, HFB and Marbletown (yes, Marbletown, mind you :p) on DVD. Plus the Privateering songs. I would have loved also Border and Piper, too bad no song from GL was played yesterday ! and of course YTC. Oh well. I would be contented with what they played yesterday, but they have to release it !!!
But true, lack of SoS can prevent people from buying...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2013, 10:52:38 AM »
I can see where you are coming from, maybe Sultans was the reason why RLRR did not sell well...
Still, a "modern" version of Sultans is not what I'm looking for on a DVD... we already have OGWT,Chorus, BBC arena, Alchemy and Live Aid as official releases, all that are better than anything modern IMHO. What i want is the long-awaited WII, HFB and Marbletown (yes, Marbletown, mind you :p) on DVD. Plus the Privateering songs. I would have loved also Border and Piper, too bad no song from GL was played yesterday ! and of course YTC. Oh well. I would be contented with what they played yesterday, but they have to release it !!!
But true, lack of SoS can prevent people from buying...

Please, Herlock, can you tell me what exactly is OGWT?     :hmm
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 41 queries.