Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: BBC4 Sessions?  (Read 69149 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: BBC4 Sessions?
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2013, 11:25:50 PM »
Guy has updated his diary from this event now...

I can't see any audience. Is it a "live" recording without public, or was the pic taken during soundcheck ?

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »

I can't see any audience. Is it a "live" recording without public, or was the pic taken during soundcheck ?
A live without public ?
I have found a name for the live album: "Live at Pompeii" :D

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2013, 11:44:10 PM »

A live without public ?
I have found a name for the live album: "Live at Pompeii" :D

some chorus recording were without public

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2013, 11:56:28 PM »
Some 200 in the audience, according to mikel
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:56 AM »

Guy's pics are from the soundchecks. There were 200 people in the audience.

No info at all about date of broadcast or If its for a dvd or not...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2013, 10:25:55 AM »

Guy's pics are from the soundchecks. There were 200 people in the audience.

No info at all about date of broadcast or If its for a dvd or not...

Well, both Guy and John just said later in the year???  But maybe a DVD too like ANIL?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2013, 01:25:55 PM »
From the diary of RB:

"Thursday the 23rd, technically a day off, was spent on the sound stage of BBC's television facility in Maidstone taping what will be an hour long concert performance by Mark & Co. in front of an audience of 600.  TV... hurry up, wait, camera blocking, sound checking, start, stop, tea break, more blocking, etc.  We spent most of the day doing just that and by the time the audience was in and we began I was knackered.  Part of doing this for a living is simply soldiering on which we did and it was fine.  We drove back to London and that was the day."

So the concert will be cut for the broadcast then.  I think we all know the songs that'll be cut, don't we.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2013, 01:39:27 PM »
From the diary of RB:

"Thursday the 23rd, technically a day off, was spent on the sound stage of BBC's television facility in Maidstone taping what will be an hour long concert performance by Mark & Co. in front of an audience of 600.  TV... hurry up, wait, camera blocking, sound checking, start, stop, tea break, more blocking, etc.  We spent most of the day doing just that and by the time the audience was in and we began I was knackered.  Part of doing this for a living is simply soldiering on which we did and it was fine.  We drove back to London and that was the day."

So the concert will be cut for the broadcast then.  I think we all know the songs that'll be cut, don't we.
dmg, are you saying that I can go and f*** myself if I want another version than Alchemy of TR on video ? :(

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »
It was more or less clear that the broadcast would be one hour, if there is no a dvd of it, looks like the other hour will be lost...

I guess Marble, telegraph and speedway will be the sacrified, as they are the longest songs, and Going home will be the last one for sure.

Would they cut any of the shorts as well?

Is there any other broadcasts, later the premiere, with more songs? I saw in youtube some 75 minutes shows from that BBC four sessions.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »
From the diary of RB:

dmg, are you saying that I can go and f*** myself if I want another version than Alchemy of TR on video ? :(

I think anything with the remotest hint of a guitar in it will be cut! :'(

The bonus is they will probably cut Marbletown too.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »
From the diary of RB:

Maybe not on the DVD, if such a thing is planned ? ANIL is way longer than 1 hour after all, even without SOS and MFN ?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »
From the diary of RB:

Maybe not on the DVD, if such a thing is planned ? ANIL is way longer than 1 hour after all, even without SOS and MFN ?

What are the chances of the whole concert being performed without any mistakes though?  I mean a literally perfect one that they would want to be released for all eternity... :think

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »
From the diary of RB:

What are the chances of the whole concert being performed without any mistakes though?  I mean a literally perfect one that they would want to be released for all eternity... :think

Quote from Guy's diary page:

Some interesting tuning issues meant that we stopped a couple of tunes midway, something that a) we would never normally do during a concert and b) has never happened before. Pre-recorded TV allows this luxury and Mark decided to use this. This of course meant there was more chit-chat than usual, in fact, there was loads. All in all it was a fun, relaxed show

Seems they made it as perfect as possible !

Offlineasouza

• Guitar George
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2013, 04:29:23 AM »
anyone knows full set list?  ???

OfflineSolid Rock

• Camerado
  • Get lucky, down the road wherver.
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2013, 09:00:10 AM »
anyone knows full set list?  ???

Yes please  ???!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 39 queries.