Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: where were you?  (Read 19266 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: where were you?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »
For those here who do not know, I am a Police Detective in Baltimore, Maryland

So... is The Wire realistic?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 05:25:55 PM »
Good to see you here BPD :D

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 05:30:54 PM »
Welcome on board  :)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 05:33:55 PM »
Nice to see you here BPD!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 05:52:04 PM »
Cool stuff! I've only watched the first season, but I'll need to look out for you when I make it there. What are you doing in the ep? And did you get to meet Steve Earle?  :)

Offlinegbobmi

• Camerado
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 08:50:14 PM »
Here's a link to the photos I took in NYC, October 2001...

http://picasaweb.google.com/gbobmi/WTCWeWillNeverForget#
arse ;D

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »
Hi BPD. Long time no see.

It was my day off 09/11/01, and i just happened to turn on the TV just as the 1st plane had gone in. I watched as it all unfolded, and at that early stage they were saying it looked just like an accident. Then you see pics of another plane coming in, and i thought it was a re-run of the 1st plane. How wrong i was. :(
The rest of the images will haunt me forever.
I've been watching lots of programs about it on the TV this week, and one thing still bothers me about that day, and that is the very few pics of the events that happened at the Pentagon.
I don't want to start a debate here, but it sure doesn't look like a plane that goes into the building.?????????

Cheers   BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 10:31:23 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Gayle, very impressive. But so sad  :'(

Offlinejacki

• Camerado
  • once upon a time in the West
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »
It WAS a plane, BBB...pretty sure there is no doubt on that score. Yes, it does seem a bit lopsided...I suppose because the attacks on the WTC and the valiant efforts by the other plane's passengers in Shanksville, PA seem so much more dramatic...From the point of view of the Pentagon staff, I'm sure their tribulations were every bit as awful. Nothing should undercut the fact that all the events of that day weigh the same. May they not have all died in vain. I pray that nothing like that ever happens again.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 10:42:51 PM »
Alright, I'll come out and say it. I was in school too- it was my first year in high school. Hard to believe...time flies. The administration made an announcement over the loud speaker, and our class watched the news via TV with the video that played over and over of the second plane crashing into the WTC tower. Everyone went home shortly after, shocked. I grew up and went to school in the suburbs of New York City, and some of the people in my class had family or knew people that worked in or around the WTC. The father of one of my friends was a NYC fireman and died inside WTC 1. At that time my own father worked in a building around the corner from the WTC and witnessed the second plane crash into the second tower from his office. It took him the rest of the day to get home- a commute that usually lasts one hour. Personally, I watched the rest of the nightmare unfold that day on TV. An all around tragic day.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 10:49:44 PM »
I do hope that i havn't offended anyone, it's just that every programme on the TV at the moment that deals with the events of 9/11 seem to mention conspiracy theorys.
Of course every terrible event that happened that day weighs the same. It was one of the worst days in history this world will ever see, and i too pray that nothing like this ever happens again.

BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 11:02:10 PM »
Hi BPD. Long time no see... I don't want to start a debate here, but it sure doesn't look like a plane that goes into the building.?????????

Cheers   BBB

I have seen articles written regarding the idea that it may have been a missile that hit the Pentagon.  Apparently (according to the articles) two missiles were fired at the plane which was credited with striking the Pentagon.  One missile took that plan down, the second missed and hit the Pentagon.  Now, I am not saying if I believe these reports or not, but I will say that as far as conspiracies theories go, this is a good one.  I, for one, hope that IF it is true, that it never fully comes to light.  People in this country simply could not handle the thought of the government shooting down a commercial airliner.  I am not much for conspiracy theories.  That said, I do believe that Oswald did NOT act alone.

BBB, in case you missed my first post, please check out my website for a glimpse into how I reacted on 9/11/01:

www.investigationcontinuing.com

Peace.

Yes BP I can imagine that it is still very raw for many of your countrymen, and the thought of the plane being brought down by a missile would be even harder to take.

Although if I were a person on that plane knowing that we were going to crash into something (and I think from memory people with cell phones knew?) I would probably prefer the surprise element of being taken by surprise - not that you'd be in any state to know the difference I suppose..... absolute terror.....

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 02:50:54 AM »
I was in bed when the first plane hit, but my husband was watching TV from the beginning. I came downstairs, and he told me what had happened, and I saw the second plane hit.  I initially was thinking tens of thousands of people must have died. I was glad I was wrong, but what a horrific loss of innocent life.

My husband's son had worked in an office across the street from the WTC but had been fired a few weeks earlier, which likely saved his life as his old office was destroyed.

I actually had met one of the people on the United plane. I wouldn't say I knew him, but I talked to him for work a number of times. In fact, because of that man's actions one night, the next day I met a man who later became my best friend.
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 10:22:44 AM »
Willie Nelson believes that there was a conspiracy.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/020408kvuenelson-bkm.8e5c8740.html

Who to believe, Willie Nelson or George Bush, hmm...

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 02:05:29 AM »
Not hard at all.  We've never known Willie to lie. . . all he's done is neglected to pay some income taxes.    Georgie changed the writing on the barn wall to start a wall.   (You have to have read Animal Farm to get that.)
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 38 queries.