Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album in production  (Read 152437 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: New album in production
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »
Reminds me a bit of that "hilarious" sign in pubs -

"Please do not ask for credit, as a punch in the face often offends."

You would be as well asking for MK's credit card numbers. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
Guy today:

The full band is here at the moment, that's drums, bass, keys (x2), guitar and MK. More musicinas scheduled to arrive over the weekend for the 'full on' sessions next week. Again, full details coming in the diary...gotta get back..

No John McCusker at the moment, it seems, but he might join them next week. I wonder if Richard is still in... This is exiting 8)
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2011, 05:20:02 PM »
Guy today:

The full band is here at the moment, that's drums, bass, keys (x2), guitar and MK. More musicinas scheduled to arrive over the weekend for the 'full on' sessions next week. Again, full details coming in the diary...gotta get back..

No John McCusker at the moment, it seems, but he might join them next week. I wonder if Richard is still in... This is exiting 8)
Who is the second keyboard player? Still Matt?
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

draad

« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2011, 05:46:21 PM »
Guy today:

Who is the second keyboard player? Still Matt?

I think Matt is still in the USA.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2011, 06:05:19 PM »
This is exciting, but why can't he just tell us? what is the wait for now?
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. What change to the world it would make if he just told us? I guess it's just building anticipation.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »
Maybe it IS a DS reunion... ;)

Love Expresso

« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »
At least something "unusual" seems to happen. If the new diary entry would reveal a "normal solo album recording", it would somehow be disappointing after all those hints from Guy... I was thinking if the Bluesclub Thing somehow might be connected with Mark's latest work in the studio and that they had to do with the late release date... hope not.... however, a Blues album would really be great, as mentioned several times before..  ;)

Btw, Guy announced a three week session from mid June in the last diary entry, and now he talks about 2 weeks.

Another fact is that when this new entry is out, we probably will have to wait another loooong four to six weeks until something interesting is happening...

I try not to build up too high expecations into this coming entry.... and fail!  :lol

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2011, 08:07:48 PM »
I'm just bored with the whole god damn thing.  Stupid hints here and there, a possible change in line-up, can't reveal that yet, all will be revealed in the next diary entry...  Bored now. ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2011, 08:20:53 PM »
I can understand you, dmg. However that is the price we have to pay in these "Online internet communication" times - Guy allows us to pester him with our queries, but he has some other duties - I think Mark is very fastidious about these things and details. Back in 1996 I knew nothing about the Golden Heart record until I stumbled upon the Underground poster advertising in March... had never heard about recording process, band line-up etc.. So don't be too hard on the poor Doc!  :)

LE
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:26:48 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2011, 11:26:01 PM »
I knew a bit about Golden Heart, from a Record Collector interview. But most of the musicians he mentioned didn't end up on the album!

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2011, 08:09:53 AM »
I knew a bit about Golden Heart, from a Record Collector interview. But most of the musicians he mentioned didn't end up on the album!
I knew nothing in 1996.... becasue I was 15, living in France with out internet yet...
So now i'm kinda happy to wait for Guy's diaries...  :)

draad

« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2011, 09:48:14 AM »
I'm just bored with the whole god damn thing.  Stupid hints here and there, a possible change in line-up, can't reveal that yet, all will be revealed in the next diary entry...  Bored now. ::)

I'm with you there dmg. What's the big deal about the band line up? I can understand why the album content would be kept quiet until release day, but secrecy about everything else seems silly and irritates. Am I missing something?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2011, 10:10:46 AM »

I'm with you there dmg. What's the big deal about the band line up? I can understand why the album content would be kept quiet until release day, but secrecy about everything else seems silly and irritates. Am I missing something?

If it turns out it's a collaboration with somebody really BIG, ie Clapton or somebody like that, and they want to bring in some of their own band members, then fair enough.

If it's just a load of different session musicians that most people haven't heard of, then I agree, the mysterioso stuff is becoming tiring.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »
He could be a bit more daring shall we say and just answer someones question for once!

Re you Record Collector on GH album info days, I remember when every month I used to raid the newsagents to see if any magazines had any info on DS/MK in those pre internet days too.  The only way I found out about the Glasgow DS concert in '91 was an advert in a Sunday newspaper.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 43 queries.