Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Release date  (Read 44903 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Release date
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2018, 11:32:02 AM »
Gave it a another complete listen this morning with the clear order not to skip anything and went through from track 1 to 16 enjoying it overall immensly.

Minor complaints about the running order but that's just me. Kicking out Just A Boy and replacing it with Don't Suck Me In and kicking out When You Leave completely   :) plus Pale Imitation instead of Slow Learner and it would indeed be a really great album close to brilliant. So it is "just" a very very good album.

LE

I have also given the new album a good listening from my hi-fi system and also on my mp3 player and and it is definitely growing on me.   I have actually managed to listen from the beginning to the end, without gritting my teeth too many times - actually only once during Just a Boy!  ::)   

As with all of MK's albums, not all of his songs are immediate - they need a little time!  He is probably one of the few artists I would do this for, but I love his voice, his style of singing, his lyrics and, of course his guitar.   There is no obvious skipper at the moment, except, maybe, Slow Learner, but I'm sure that will come eventually.  I haven't taken the three extra tracks into consideration, because of the poor quality, but I'm sure I will love them eventually from what I've already heard.

I make no apologies, or excuses for liking Dancefloor and GOYS so much, because I do like them a lot and people have varying tastes.   I loved Tracker and Privateering almost from the start and still do - they are both great albums for me!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2018, 01:08:38 PM »
I like Back on the dancefloor and Good on you son both, so no worries, you are not alone  ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2018, 01:15:25 PM »
I like Back on the dancefloor and Good on you son both, so no worries, you are not alone  ;)

:clap     :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2018, 01:17:25 PM »
And of course no apologize needed!

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2018, 01:50:50 PM »

+1 :thumbsup :wave
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2018, 01:52:29 PM »
Funny enough, I was kind of disappointed with GOYS when it came out, but in the context of the album I came to like it a lot.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2018, 01:53:22 PM »
Funny enough, I was kind of disappointed with GOYS when it came out, but in the context of the album I came to like it a lot.

It most certainly 'fits' into the album quite nicely IMHO...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2018, 04:22:54 PM »
Is it just a coincidence that Dance Floor and GOYS are the two early releases and now seen generally as among the weakest songs?  Did they suffer from overplaying because they were new Knopfler music or was the expectation level too high when they were released? 

Who knows, but I think they suffered somehow and it's difficult to measure them properly against the other album songs with any degree of fairness.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2018, 04:25:56 PM »
Is it just a coincidence that Dance Floor and GOYS are the two early releases and now seen generally as among the weakest songs?  Did they suffer from overplaying because they were new Knopfler music or was the expectation level too high when they were released? 

Who knows, but I think they suffered somehow and it's difficult to measure them properly against the other album songs with any degree of fairness.
Agreed, but now I have restored justice to them, they are great :) not nearly as great as OSAAT though, this one is a class of its own !

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2018, 04:50:03 PM »

Agreed, but now I have restored justice to them, they are great :) not nearly as great as OSAAT though, this one is a class of its own !

I would say so.  Maybe a bit early to say but I think it's one of his best solo songs.  Could be fantastic live.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2018, 11:35:32 PM »

I completely agree, One Song At A Time by far the best on the album!  :wave

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2018, 12:31:49 PM »

+1 :thumbsup :wave

+2  :)

OfflineAdz

• Local Hero
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
Well, look at this way, once you buy the deluxe box, you got most tracks in three different masterings (cd, digital and vinyl) which does make a huge difference in terms of sound. It’s not too bad that we miss one out of twenty songs.

Secondy, from what I heard so far (my box arrives tomorrow...), it’s an incredibly good record, great songs and a new tour is scheduled so maybe but just maybe we should complain a little less? :think

I do understand, my opinion doesn’t allow me to make new friends. :lol :lol :lol

The point for me, and others, is that in buying the most expensive version of the album, (by a long stretch,) you should have every variation of the songs in the box, including digital downloads of every song. But you haven't. I don't have a record deck, (I hope to again at some point,) and the reason I bought the box set was purely for those digital downloads, so I could have all the tracks on my iPhone and PC. I don't think that is too much to expect for the amount of money the box set costs, but everyone has their own opinion.

I'm still waiting for my box set to be delivered, out of interest.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2018, 03:57:15 PM »
Well, look at this way, once you buy the deluxe box, you got most tracks in three different masterings (cd, digital and vinyl) which does make a huge difference in terms of sound. It’s not too bad that we miss one out of twenty songs.

Secondy, from what I heard so far (my box arrives tomorrow...), it’s an incredibly good record, great songs and a new tour is scheduled so maybe but just maybe we should complain a little less? :think

I do understand, my opinion doesn’t allow me to make new friends. :lol :lol :lol

The point for me, and others, is that in buying the most expensive version of the album, (by a long stretch,) you should have every variation of the songs in the box, including digital downloads of every song. But you haven't. I don't have a record deck, (I hope to again at some point,) and the reason I bought the box set was purely for those digital downloads, so I could have all the tracks on my iPhone and PC. I don't think that is too much to expect for the amount of money the box set costs, but everyone has their own opinion.

I'm still waiting for my box set to be delivered, out of interest.

I agree the most expensive version should have everything. I even think that the usual deluxe box of the last albums around 90 euros is actually too expensive even if it had everything included. I also agree with the ones that mentioned Gilmour's boxes as comparisons, which are smaller in size to the MK's ones but they are extremely nice contaning a lot of material, both as physical stuff inside the box and as audio/video musical material, and you know what it costs less than half, 40 euros.
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2018, 04:14:33 PM »
Ticket prizes rised significantly for this tour as well, didn't it?
They want to milk us on as much money as possible  :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 37 queries.