Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 273343 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #600 on: August 22, 2018, 10:37:57 PM »
LAOALS is a masterpiece!
What's that?

Layla and other assorted love songs. The title of the only record of Clapton as Derek and the dominoes. A masterpiece.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #601 on: August 22, 2018, 10:55:25 PM »
Hey Stanko, maybe it was not clear enough... I just meant that the release of the album (s) itself, especially in Internet days, is done amateurish. I would never call his songs that way of course, even his worst ones get more playtime at my place than what is on the Radio today.. Not that there are many bad ones.

But remember how the 2015 tour dates where put out and now this story with keeping it oh all soo secret.. that I think is dealed in a not very professional way to say the least.

LE
oh i know, no problem, i got you right, i was only kind of rhetorical on this one, what i mean is that's not about how it's presented but WHAT is presented!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:57:37 PM by Stanko »
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #602 on: August 22, 2018, 11:18:29 PM »
Hey Stanko, maybe it was not clear enough... I just meant that the release of the album (s) itself, especially in Internet days, is done amateurish. I would never call his songs that way of course, even his worst ones get more playtime at my place than what is on the Radio today.. Not that there are many bad ones.

But remember how the 2015 tour dates where put out and now this story with keeping it oh all soo secret.. that I think is dealed in a not very professional way to say the least.

LE

Couldn't agree more.  Crockford's approach to managing M. Knopfler is so passive it appears he has somewhat lost any interest in this client now.  Mark can't be an easy artist to manage as he isn't what you would call your average artist and I understand there is some long time relationship between them, however after the debacle last time I think a change might have suited both parties.

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #603 on: August 22, 2018, 11:43:23 PM »

LE

Couldn't agree more.  Crockford's approach to managing M. Knopfler is so passive it appears he has somewhat lost any interest in this client now.  Mark can't be an easy artist to manage as he isn't what you would call your average artist and I understand there is some long time relationship between them, however after the debacle last time I think a change might have suited both parties.
Which debacle??

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #604 on: August 22, 2018, 11:51:59 PM »

LE

Which debacle??

Mark is the one and only boss on board, he never wanted to have a « Colonel Parker » to manage and decide for him, he’s the captain and I’m sure every body knows that and don’t want to mess with the boss.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #605 on: August 23, 2018, 08:16:14 AM »

LE

Which debacle??

Mark is the one and only boss on board, he never wanted to have a « Colonel Parker » to manage and decide for him, he’s the captain and I’m sure every body knows that and don’t want to mess with the boss.

As far as I know, MK isn't an easy boss even his nowadays low profile (in comparation with the DS days and the early days of his solo career) and I'm pretty sure that PCM doesn't walk any single step without the "yes" of MK.

What I don't understand is why they stick to the old rules of marketing during the internet era... This way of managing things had a sense before internet but now...

For example, all this delay announcing the record, they are missing the chance to create movement and expectation releasing information little by little. Even us we are bored of waiting and stop caring about it...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #606 on: August 23, 2018, 09:35:41 AM »

LE

Which debacle??

Mark is the one and only boss on board, he never wanted to have a « Colonel Parker » to manage and decide for him, he’s the captain and I’m sure every body knows that and don’t want to mess with the boss.

As far as I know, MK isn't an easy boss even his nowadays low profile (in comparation with the DS days and the early days of his solo career) and I'm pretty sure that PCM doesn't walk any single step without the "yes" of MK.

What I don't understand is why they stick to the old rules of marketing during the internet era... This way of managing things had a sense before internet but now...

For example, all this delay announcing the record, they are missing the chance to create movement and expectation releasing information little by little. Even us we are bored of waiting and stop caring about it...

Well I am definitely tired of waiting, but I still care about it a great deal and just want to know more about what's going on!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #607 on: August 23, 2018, 09:50:34 AM »
LAOALS is a masterpiece!
What's that?

Layla and other assorted love songs. The title of the only record of Clapton as Derek and the dominoes. A masterpiece.

:thumbsup :thumbsup THE masterpiece

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #608 on: August 23, 2018, 10:27:56 AM »
LAOALS is a masterpiece!
What's that?

Clapton is known by doing many covers, some of his most famous songs are covers but he also wrote some great and legendary songs, and usually he is regarded as a "cover artist" when it's not completly true.

His career has been so long that we tend to judge him by his last records, full of covers with some of his owns songs here and there, but he has done some legendary songs that will remain forever as well.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #609 on: August 23, 2018, 10:40:05 AM »
jbaent very good question for GF :thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #610 on: August 23, 2018, 10:45:24 AM »
LAOALS is a masterpiece!
What's that?

Clapton is known by doing many covers, some of his most famous songs are covers but he also wrote some great and legendary songs, and usually he is regarded as a "cover artist" when it's not completly true.

His career has been so long that we tend to judge him by his last records, full of covers with some of his owns songs here and there, but he has done some legendary songs that will remain forever as well.

Also, many of his songs, if not covers, are in collaboration with someone else.  Not many are written entirely by himself.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #611 on: August 23, 2018, 10:55:18 AM »
LAOALS is a masterpiece!
What's that?

Also, many of his songs, if not covers, are in collaboration with someone else.  Not many are written entirely by himself.

In a so long career, you can do a very long list of songs written just by himself that are rock classics...

At least, Clapton didn't mind sharing credits when others had inputs in the songs  ;D :lol

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #612 on: August 24, 2018, 04:08:41 PM »
Guy today:
Even if I could, I'm not sure I would want to give any information about the album before its release. This album is coming out slightly later in the year than usual. There is no secret. If the release date isn't published, it's most likely because it isn't known yet.

It isn’t known yet  ??? ??? ??? ???
We are looking at a november release, for sure.........

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #613 on: August 24, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »
Guy today:
Even if I could, I'm not sure I would want to give any information about the album before its release. This album is coming out slightly later in the year than usual. There is no secret. If the release date isn't published, it's most likely because it isn't known yet.

It isn’t known yet  ??? ??? ??? ???
We are looking at a november release, for sure.........

Time has slipped away
The Summer sky to Autumn yields
A haze of smoke across the fields
Let's sup and fight another round
And walk the stublbed ground
 ;D  ;)
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #614 on: August 24, 2018, 09:27:07 PM »
"In a misty november...

This is probably the November premiere. For the first time. It's late and we do not know anything

Autumn premieres:

STP 25.09.2000
TRD 30.09.2002
SL 27.09.2004
KTGC 14.09.2007
GL 11.09.2009
P 3.09.2012
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:30:26 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 35 queries.