Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 273369 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #825 on: September 05, 2018, 10:18:08 AM »
I hope we get a tour announcement + album release date tomorrow.

Yes, looking forward to the usual ten to twelve shows Germany will get as usual, well deserved.

LE

A lot of other countries who have been ignored since 2005 deserve a visit from MK & Co too!   Australia, NZ, South America to name just a few, but Germany is an easier distance to travel!    Why is Germany more deserving than those?

I guess that number of tour dates relates to album sales? And every MK album is number 1 at least one week and stays in the top 10 pretty long if I remember correctly. Not sure if he is number 1 or even Top 10 in UK?

LE

He has always been in Top 10, except on one occasion and for Tracker he was # 2 in UK.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #826 on: September 05, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »
I hope we get a tour announcement + album release date tomorrow.

Yes, looking forward to the usual ten to twelve shows Germany will get as usual, well deserved.

LE

A lot of other countries who have been ignored since 2005 deserve a visit from MK & Co too!   Australia, NZ, South America to name just a few, but Germany is an easier distance to travel!    Why is Germany more deserving than those?

I guess that number of tour dates relates to album sales? And every MK album is number 1 at least one week and stays in the top 10 pretty long if I remember correctly. Not sure if he is number 1 or even Top 10 in UK?

LE

I'd say that previous tickets sales are more important than record sales, specially as many people who goes to the concerts go to see the guitar and voice of DS and don't have his solo records or very few of them.

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #827 on: September 05, 2018, 10:20:39 AM »
And it's a business, not welfare. I think they will have their reasons, may it be sales or venues, travel etc. Of course it would be great for people in South America, but we know he can be very tight with costs  (remember not releasing an RAH show because of their special fee?)

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #828 on: September 05, 2018, 10:21:13 AM »
Mk played usually three concerts in Spain until a new promoter showed PCM that MK would sell out or almost six or seven shows in Spain and from that moment Spain started to get more concerts although record sales stayed as usual when he just played three dates or even lower but tickets concerts were on high demand.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #829 on: September 05, 2018, 10:31:00 AM »
I think that record and ticket sales in UK could be much better if their marketing was better - some exposure on TV would help and more advertising.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #830 on: September 05, 2018, 10:32:32 AM »
I think that record and ticket sales in UK could be much better if their marketing was better - some exposure on TV would help and more advertising.

And with that advertising they manage to almost fill the O2 hangar in London and the one in Birmingham!

Love Expresso

« Reply #831 on: September 05, 2018, 10:33:31 AM »
You have a certain number of days and want to get as many people in venues as possible during this time. It's like grazing meadow in a way. So much gras, so many cows, so many weeks of summer.

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #832 on: September 05, 2018, 10:35:20 AM »
And to stay in the picture, Germany has the greenest meadows with the right Balance of sun and rain from their point of view.

LE
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 10:38:45 AM by Love Expresso »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #833 on: September 05, 2018, 10:37:35 AM »

And with that advertising they manage to almost fill the O2 hangar in London and the one in Birmingham!

Yes, it's amazing how they fill so many venues with so little publicity, but record sales could do better - he may even get to #1!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #834 on: September 05, 2018, 10:59:24 AM »

Yes, it's amazing how they fill so many venues with so little publicity, but record sales could do better - he may even get to #1!   :)

Just imagine how many dates in a row he would fill the O2 in London with aggressive promotion in TV, press and radio like "the voice and guitar of Dire Straits is back in town" with sultans as background music, adds during weeks or months in the media...

With almost nothing they don't so well they don't mind doing expensive promotion.

Love Expresso

« Reply #835 on: September 05, 2018, 11:07:56 AM »
It is all explained with the low profile that he chose for his work since 1996.

There ARE TV spots at every tour by the way, but they are as cringeworthy as everything they bring up promo wise for some years now.

LE

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #836 on: September 05, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »

There ARE TV spots at every tour by the way, but they are as cringeworthy as everything they bring up promo wise for some years now.

LE

I don't mind the smaller crowds. I'd rather be in a small crowd of dedicated fans who actually know and appreciate what he's about than in a bigger crowd of 80s nostalgics hoping for Walk of Life.

And regarding the advertising. TV's pretty much dead. There's a new thing, though, called the "internet". Not sure they've heard about that at Crock's headquarters. I'm sure they will at some point.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #837 on: September 05, 2018, 11:27:18 AM »

LE

I don't mind the smaller crowds. I'd rather be in a small crowd of dedicated fans who actually know and appreciate what he's about than in a bigger crowd of 80s nostalgics hoping for Walk of Life.

I agree with you Rail King.   I would much prefer some smaller venues like we had on the Golden Heart tour.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #838 on: September 05, 2018, 11:44:58 AM »
What kind off surprises me that nothing has leaked to the internet. If there really is news in the next 24 hours  :think.
Nothing from the new album or tourdates. In the past this was different, not always but it sure happened that someone found something before it was official.....

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #839 on: September 05, 2018, 12:11:13 PM »
What kind off surprises me that nothing has leaked to the internet. If there really is news in the next 24 hours  :think.
Nothing from the new album or tourdates. In the past this was different, not always but it sure happened that someone found something before it was official.....

That is a good point.
I think they learned from where advance-info has leaked in the past and shut those holes. (They may even have learned the odd source of leaking from this forum...)
Of course one has to bear in mind: most other artists would love to see such interest in their upcoming projects but not such a super secretive and private person as MK.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:13:28 PM by Skydiver »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 43 queries.