Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 273374 times)

Love Expresso

Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #1065 on: September 12, 2018, 08:33:44 PM »
What seems rather contradicting, though, is how it is important for Mark to "please himself" yet he goes on these long, big tours where it always seems he gets bored with the whole thing rather quickly. So why not do things differently? A conundrum.

Not sure if he really gets bored. To be fair and in spite of what I wrote two hours ago or so, his playing DOES get better and tighter when the tour commences. But it also leads to shorter sets with lesser songs than in the first few weeks. Which to me is prove that he indeed is not rehearsing much on the guitar anymore and gets better naturally by playing two hours every day for three months when touring.

LE

Except that the Manchester Tracker show was the second show of the tour and the best of those I attended, which came later.

I refer to the US leg 2015 which got highest praises  (I did not attend) and some Radio show from Lucca for example in 2013. Also the later recordings in 2010 and 2013 contained generally better and more elaborated versions of many songs.

LE

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1066 on: September 12, 2018, 08:41:24 PM »
Today I discovered the word I was looking for and found in the Guitarist magazine. Great article, interview with MK. One of the last. Basil is the color of Brothers In Arms. I really liked the comparison. For me, Basil is one of the most beautiful songs

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:57:34 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1067 on: September 12, 2018, 08:45:29 PM »
What seems rather contradicting, though, is how it is important for Mark to "please himself" yet he goes on these long, big tours where it always seems he gets bored with the whole thing rather quickly. So why not do things differently? A conundrum.

Not sure if he really gets bored. To be fair and in spite of what I wrote two hours ago or so, his playing DOES get better and tighter when the tour commences. But it also leads to shorter sets with lesser songs than in the first few weeks. Which to me is prove that he indeed is not rehearsing much on the guitar anymore and gets better naturally by playing two hours every day for three months when touring.

LE

Except that the Manchester Tracker show was the second show of the tour and the best of those I attended, which came later.

I refer to the US leg 2015 which got highest praises  (I did not attend) and some Radio show from Lucca for example in 2013. Also the later recordings in 2010 and 2013 contained generally better and more elaborated versions of many songs.

LE

Yes, the Lucca 2013 show was excellent, as was Liverpool 2013, RAH 2013 (both earlyish) and Carcassone July 2013 (late), all of which I attended with the exception of Lucca, but I listened live on the radio with the windows wide open - it was a very hot evening!   ;)   The Carcassone show was much shorter than the earlier ones, but it was excellent as was St Julien the evening before.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1068 on: September 12, 2018, 08:53:46 PM »
I seem to be outnumbered here but I like both Tracker and Privateering very much.

I'll back you up. Except for Basil which is boring as ph...k.

Lol I don’t like one or two songs from each too but still love the albums as a whole.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1069 on: September 12, 2018, 09:14:12 PM »

LE

Wasn't that the one with the bad mix, that got remixed? Also, I really liked Bremen 2013, where my good friend LE sat next to me and where I dug up a diamond was played for the first time since ages

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #1070 on: September 12, 2018, 09:16:59 PM »
That was great. And Sultans from that night was also great. But 2013 was really almost everything great.   :lol

LE

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #1071 on: September 12, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
as far as i can see i'm the only one?, one with a heart of oak!
for the rest, there is a line for you folks:
"he can't know the story, he can't feel the pain
and all of the glory falls around him like rain"
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1072 on: September 12, 2018, 09:24:20 PM »
Well dear friends,yesterday i wrote to the universal music Portugal,asking when the new album of Mark is going to be released.Today they answer:`The new album of Mark Knopfler its set to be in November`...So they don´t tell me the day only the month!!!cheers ;)

Hey ruipedro, did they also say in November of which year it's going to be released?

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1073 on: September 12, 2018, 09:25:04 PM »

YES !  :thumbsup
Clear as the day

Offlinerockaway

• Local Hero
« Reply #1074 on: September 12, 2018, 09:31:25 PM »
Today I discovered the word I was looking for and found in the Guitarist magazine. Great article, interview with MK. One of the last. Basil is the color of Brothers In Arms. I really liked the comparison. For me, Basil is one of the most beautiful songs

I've not seen that- got to go find that now! I see along with Mark, Mike Campbell is in there somewhere as well :) ...off I go to find it

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #1075 on: September 12, 2018, 09:35:51 PM »

YES !  :thumbsup
:thumbsup
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1076 on: September 12, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »

LE

Wasn't that the one with the bad mix, that got remixed? Also, I really liked Bremen 2013, where my good friend LE sat next to me and where I dug up a diamond was played for the first time since ages

I sat next to you during that concert, cant remember LE sitting close to us?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1077 on: September 12, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »

LE

I sat next to you during that concert, cant remember LE sitting close to us?

He just remembers it was someone tall.  Can't tell when the lights go out!  :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1078 on: September 12, 2018, 10:02:20 PM »
I really like Basil very much and I didn't remember reading this on Guitarist magazine.. Thanks Robson.

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1079 on: September 12, 2018, 10:06:39 PM »
I really like Basil very much and I didn't remember reading this on Guitarist magazine.. Thanks Robson.

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

:)

Maybe it depends on the translation.
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 41 queries.