Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 600364 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1575 on: March 21, 2018, 11:03:51 AM »
From Guy's latest Diary entry I Iike that pic very much with the complete band sitting on the Sofa and listen to Mark on the acoustic. I would like to grab and safe that picture but I am not able to fetch it from the dia show Guy is providing. If anybody could help and/or give some guidance or even post the pic here, it would be very appreciated.  :wave

LE :-\

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1576 on: March 21, 2018, 11:05:50 AM »
Here you have it
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1577 on: March 21, 2018, 11:09:33 AM »
From Guy's latest Diary entry I Iike that pic very much with the complete band sitting on the Sofa and listen to Mark on the acoustic. I would like to grab and safe that picture but I am not able to fetch it from the dia show Guy is providing. If anybody could help and/or give some guidance or even post the pic here, it would be very appreciated.  :wave

http://guyfletcher.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Band1400x788.jpg
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1578 on: March 21, 2018, 11:10:03 AM »
Ah, you beat me Jbaent  ;)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1579 on: March 21, 2018, 11:13:12 AM »
Thank you from me too!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1580 on: March 21, 2018, 11:18:59 AM »

I just love how everybody seems to appear nearly sleeping or bored beyond belief on these. Like, "do you have something else Mark?".
I wonder what's the reason behind that? My only explanation is that Mark plays about 100 new songs for them for a couple of hours :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1581 on: March 21, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »

I just love how everybody seems to appear nearly sleeping or bored beyond belief on these. Like, "do you have something else Mark?".
I wonder what's the reason behind that? My only explanation is that Mark plays about 100 new songs for them for a couple of hours :lol

I think that Guy has told about it that what happens is MK plays the song to the band and explains to the band what he thinks will fit the song better to the band, and the band, while MK is playing the songs are figuring out in his head what they can play in the song.

They take notes and then they go for it.

I know this process. I play drums, very amateur, and a friend of mine write songs and record them with his band, Prior to this, he sometimes calls me and another friend who plays guitar and does with us exactly that, he play the song to us, with some indications, and when he's playing I'm planning what to play, how and where in the song, and then right after that, we play together and record the song as a demo. He usually likes what we do and when he doesn't, he ask us to do something different, usually it doesn't take further than two takes to get the demo as he wants.

I'm sure that MK get it ok with one take as this guys are so proffesional, but probably do more takes just to have more to choose.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1582 on: March 21, 2018, 12:36:30 PM »
Thanks guys!

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #1583 on: March 21, 2018, 12:41:31 PM »
I like very much that Danny sits among them as a real band member so to say and not just is allowed to come in and do his percussion job and then has to leave...

I am not too happy about Guy's recent comment on lots of Sax solos.. Not too keen to hear much stuff like Wherever I Go... although on River Towns it sounded great. Sax is so 80's in general...

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1584 on: March 21, 2018, 12:59:28 PM »
I like very much that Danny sits among them as a real band member so to say and not just is allowed to come in and do his percussion job and then has to leave...

I am not too happy about Guy's recent comment on lots of Sax solos.. Not too keen to hear much stuff like Wherever I Go... although on River Towns it sounded great. Sax is so 80's in general...

LE

I read something in Robbie McIntosh facebook that sounded great to me. He said to Danny C that he was called to BG and he worked on some songs in which featured Danny and Ianto, and that he was amazed about the grooves they played.

Obviously I guess it's the MK record and that comment about the grooves, you say that about a song when it's a cool song, from my very little experience drumming, so I have hopes for this new record.

;D

Love Expresso

« Reply #1585 on: March 21, 2018, 01:11:07 PM »
Maybe I missed something but it's new to me that Robbie McIntosh was among the Musicians for the album? Did Guy mention him?

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1586 on: March 21, 2018, 01:28:53 PM »
Maybe I missed something but it's new to me that Robbie McIntosh was among the Musicians for the album? Did Guy mention him?

LE

No, so my guess it's not the MK project Robbie talked about.

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1587 on: March 21, 2018, 01:35:37 PM »

LE

It is nice to see Danny there again and he appears to be one of the few actually looking interested!  I wonder how he feels sitting near his replacement Ianto who appears to have nodded off... :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1588 on: March 21, 2018, 01:37:19 PM »

LE

No, so my guess it's not the MK project Robbie talked about.

Maybe it's the musical... we don't know if Ianto and Danny were involved.

Robbie post in facebook was after Guy already posted his diary, maybe he was called after cause they needed more guitar on any track and call back Richard would had been more difficult...

According to facebook that post was two weeks ago.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:40:25 PM by jbaent »

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1589 on: March 21, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »
Maybe we should ask Guy?  :) It is indeed interesting.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 46 queries.