Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Will we get a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2013 tour?  (Read 8383 times)

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
Will we get a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2013 tour?
« on: January 28, 2013, 10:01:12 PM »
Hi!

Just found this answer on Guy's forum, and it made me dream of a Blu-ray recording from the Privateering tour. Now that would have been something 8)

Q: Hi Guy, I travelled to Toronto in November from Halifax for your show.I am sitting here watching the Real live Roadrunning DVD at home. I was wondering why MK doesn't record an other DVD. I really enjoy the casual atmosphere and the great music. For those of us in smaller places that don't often get visited would love to have a recording of one of the newer shows.

A: I'm sure we will put another one together soon, especially as we're now back doing our own show!   

Can anyone here confirm that they have been hired to record one of the upcoming shows for a future release? Please? :P
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Will we get a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2013 tour?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »
I dont believe a word.

It happened before, Guy said something like that and then, nothing.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
Maybe it is Guy that thinks it's a good idea, he tells us it could happen,

Then he discusses it with Mark and Mark says no,

But I think that Guy knows we want one, he thinks it's nice too, but Mark just don't like the idea at all,

I says something that Mark doesn't want Telegraph Road on the downloadable concert from Privateering

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 11:51:17 AM »
I thought that Telegraph losed his magic when MK decided to put so many cittern parts instead of his electric, and he might had noticed that  listening to it, or maybe he just decided that its time to put it on rest.

Personally I won

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 12:08:59 PM »
I

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »
We know how it works. Guy is very friendly, open minded, full of goodwill but there's another guy who decides whether he should press the Big Red Button. 
Indeed that particular guy has a desk with 5 big red buttons labelled "Tunnel of Love", "Silvertown Blues", "DVD/BR", "live recording" and "DS Reunion".
Nothing to expect from him.

Of course it looks like Guy knows it gonna happen this time.  :-\ Like always.  ::)
I can only speculate but all roads lead to Montreux on July 20.  ;)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 01:17:12 PM »
With regards to Montreux (and any other festivals) when they are filmed for the festival purposes it changes matters and I think basically rules out that concert for a filmed  official DVD.  In my opinion, PCM, MK and the band would rather have their own crew doing the filming.  They would be using more cameras too for more angles and also more intimate cameras on the instruments that wouldn't be there if it was filmed as part of the festival.  They could make for some bonus material though.

I think the best bet would be the RAH because they could film a couple of nights in the same venue, wearing the same clothes (no problem there ;D) and merge the two if there are any mistakes.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »
With regards to Montreux (and any other festivals) when they are filmed for the festival purposes it changes matters and I think basically rules out that concert for a filmed  official DVD.  In my opinion, PCM, MK and the band would rather have their own crew doing the filming.  They would be using more cameras too for more angles and also more intimate cameras on the instruments that wouldn't be there if it was filmed as part of the festival.  They could make for some bonus material though.

I think the best bet would be the RAH because they could film a couple of nights in the same venue, wearing the same clothes (no problem there ;D) and merge the two if there are any mistakes.

I do agree with you, the RAH would be ideal for such a project, but I assume there would be a huge licence fee to pay to the RAH first.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »

I do agree with you, the RAH would be ideal for such a project, but I assume there would be a huge licence fee to pay to the RAH first.
Guy has said before the fee charged by The RAH makes a DVD being filmed their not viable.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »

Guy has said before the fee charged by The RAH makes a DVD being filmed their not viable.

David Gilmour, Joe Bonamassa, Adele, even David Bisbal had released a dvd live at the RAH.

Does it means MK is poorer in comparation with them, or that he doesn

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
These people never have any plan about anything.  The tour is starting in 3 months and we still don't know if there is something to expect. I'm gonna ask PCM tonight. I've delayed that moment to stay nice but enough is enough. ;-)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »
With PCM, passive not active management is the name of the game. :disbelief  But, hey - he wears loud jackets! ::)

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 07:53:07 PM »
Is he did something helpful for MK's career? Look at EC, his fans has a lot of dvd or something like that. Even more than one for every tour. Like dmg said he is way too passive manager.  Ed Bicknell is missing.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59:32 PM »
Is he did something helpful for MK's career? Look at EC, his fans has a lot of dvd or something like that. Even more than one for every tour. Like dmg said he is way too passive manager.  Ed Bicknell is missing.
:thumbsup

Ed was the man.  I think he kept Mark's game up, if you know what I mean.  MK is getting way too comfortable these days, musically speaking.

No new ideas, bad decisions, horrific product marketing and badly designed tours are all becoming trademarks of PCM unfortunately.  Personally, I think MK deserves better and still miss Ed.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:08:31 PM by dmg »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 35 queries.