Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New gig in France  (Read 6288 times)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Re: New gig in France
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »
Already last september I said a couple of times that I couldn't imagine that this was it!
I can't imagine no Swiss dates, so festival of Montreux could indeed be possible again.

I won't do this one in France, but if Switzerland will have a date I definately go  ;D
Which one ? Montreux or Locarno ?  ;)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »
We have decided to go!    :D

That's great!  I'm certain that you'll have a marvellous time down in the south of France.

We found another Jet2 flight from Manchester on 24th at 8am, so we can fly to Toulouse and then get a train to Carcassonne and be there with all afternoon to spare.   We will stay to explore the area until Saturday!   I just hope everything goes to plan.   Remember Madredeus!  The best laid plans, etc... :o 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
We have decided to go!    :D

That's great!  I'm certain that you'll have a marvellous time down in the south of France.

We found another Jet2 flight from Manchester on 24th at 8am, so we can fly to Toulouse and then get a train to Carcassonne and be there with all afternoon to spare.   We will stay to explore the area until Saturday!   I just hope everything goes to plan.   Remember Madredeus!  The best laid plans, etc... :o
I'm very happy you've decided to go.   :D
If nothing happens around here, I'll probably be there too.
I'll buy a regular ticket for sure next week and then I will need a good reason not to use it.   ::)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »
Will probably Start my holiday in Beaumont du perigord, close to Bergerac by then, but even from there it is 300km, nope.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 05:24:57 PM »
Will probably Start my holiday in Beaumont du perigord, close to Bergerac by then, but even from there it is 300km, nope.
Used to love this on TV in the 80s.  Terence Alexander stole the show I thought. ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 10:53:34 PM »
sigh it's in the middle of the week... Not sure i could have a day off...
I wish I could by a ticket but if i can't go....argg !!!! I have to talk to my boss !!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 10:12:13 AM »
Done!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 01:20:08 PM »
What an impressive city to be in! Carcassonne seems to be the perfect place for the music MK is doing nowadays. Only problem is the diversity of the line up. Down here we call it a "hamper of cats", um balaio de gatos. Apart from it, it's nice to see that the man will show his new goodies to a different kind of audience.
Love over gold, mind over matter

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 12:22:35 AM »
I haven't read all the posts  so maybe somebody has said this already but there are UK flights to Beziers and there used to be UK flights to Perpignan (not sure if the latter still operate), both of which are closer than Toulouse.

Mona Dee

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 10:33:52 AM »
I envy all the friends who will go to  Carcassonne   :) I would love to go, too, but it`s not possible for me. Enjoy the show and enjoy France, it`s a wonderful country !

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »
I haven't read all the posts  so maybe somebody has said this already but there are UK flights to Beziers and there used to be UK flights to Perpignan (not sure if the latter still operate), both of which are closer than Toulouse.
Absolutely, that's two more options. Barcelona is also an interesting option, at least for the return  ;) :think
However I keep on thinking Toulouse remains the closest, in fact as close as Beziers but there should be better and more convenient connections.
Perpignan is definitely a bit further but still in a close area.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »

Thanks twm!   We could have travelled direct to Carcassonne from Liverpool by Ryanair, but Manchester to Toulouse by Jet2 was the cheaper option and better flight times.   We will stay one night in Toulouse on the return journey to be close to the airport!

@ Mona -   I'm looking forward to it immensely!   This is the year of music and travel for us!   :D   
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:16:36 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinerosco

• Camerado
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 11:21:58 AM »
Would have loved to be there, but it is just too complicated and also quite expensive to get there from here, even travelling with "budget airline"!   Carcassonne looks beautiful!   :)

Yes, these venues are all very beautiful but are in the middle of nowhere when travelling from abroad;  there are just no flights out to these places and certainly not from Scottish airports. :(

dmg, There are flights direct to Carcassonne from Prestwick airport on Sundays and Thursdays with Ryanair. A quick look at their site -leaving July 21st and returning thursday 25th July - the cost would be

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 11:42:42 AM »
Would have loved to be there, but it is just too complicated and also quite expensive to get there from here, even travelling with "budget airline"!   Carcassonne looks beautiful!   :)

Yes, these venues are all very beautiful but are in the middle of nowhere when travelling from abroad;  there are just no flights out to these places and certainly not from Scottish airports. :(

dmg, There are flights direct to Carcassonne from Prestwick airport on Sundays and Thursdays with Ryanair. A quick look at their site -leaving July 21st and returning thursday 25th July - the cost would be
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
The price quoted for us flying Liverpool to Carcassone for two people was
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 37 queries.