Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 272723 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2018, 08:20:21 AM »
Most releases are on a friday someone said here. So any friday in october or november is possible. Most likely october and the 5 is the indeed the first possible date for releasing the new album. With MK you,ll never know so i go for october 19. Who’s next  ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2018, 08:56:38 AM »
Most releases are on a friday someone said here. So any friday in october or november is possible. Most likely october and the 5 is the indeed the first possible date for releasing the new album. With MK you,ll never know so i go for october 19. Who’s next  ;D

It's an agreement between record companies, I don't know if worlwide or in Europe, all releases are on friday. I know it because in Spain the release date was another, I think it was Monday (i'm not sure) and it was changed to adapt to a common release day.

Actually I think you'll be right about the date. October 5th would be best, the sooner the better, but I don't know why I don't believe in that desire, specially considering we are in August and nothing has been revealed yet, that would means they feel is too soon to announce an October release... Althought many big names have already announced releases for September and October, like Lenny Kravitz, Paul McCartney, Paul Simon, Billy Gibbons, Slash, Rod Stewart, Tony Joe White, Elvis Costello, Tom Morello etc etc, or even November (The Prodigy)

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/release-date/coming-soon/date

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2018, 10:53:12 AM »
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »

It's an agreement between record companies, I don't know if worlwide or in Europe, all releases are on friday. I know it because in Spain the release date was another, I think it was Monday (i'm not sure) and it was changed to adapt to a common release day.

Actually I think you'll be right about the date. October 5th would be best, the sooner the better, but I don't know why I don't believe in that desire, specially considering we are in August and nothing has been revealed yet, that would means they feel is too soon to announce an October release... Althought many big names have already announced releases for September and October, like Lenny Kravitz, Paul McCartney, Paul Simon, Billy Gibbons, Slash, Rod Stewart, Tony Joe White, Elvis Costello, Tom Morello etc etc, or even November (The Prodigy)

A few names in there about the age range they might consider also buy a Knopfler album.  However if they don't announce anything then we'll be waiting forever;  their record companies have announced their releases and now Mark is delaying his.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2018, 11:07:12 AM »

A few names in there about the age range they might consider also buy a Knopfler album.  However if they don't announce anything then we'll be waiting forever;  their record companies have announced their releases and now Mark is delaying his.

Guy said in his forum that their delay mixing didn't affected their schedule, so they had a release date scheduled that remains the same.

Their delay announcing, who knows which is the reason... Maybe the release date is November or December (still autumn) and they want to wait to announce such a late release date...

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2018, 11:53:46 AM »
Also good sites for checking:

https://consequenceofsound.net/upcoming-releases/
https://www.albumoftheyear.org/upcoming/4/

5th October looks a great day to release, not big names releasing records that day ...

;D ;D ;D

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2018, 11:55:38 AM »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2018, 12:01:20 PM »
Thinking about this delay announcing the release date, I thought that the record, the Hansen documentary with live filming and the possible live Tracker cd would be released individually, the way they were announced but, having just 4 months of 2018 ahead, and being in August with nothing announced, looks unlikely they are releasing each item separated...

I'm starting to think that all is going to be in the pizza box  :hmm

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
Thinking about this delay announcing the release date, I thought that the record, the Hansen documentary with live filming and the possible live Tracker cd would be released individually, the way they were announced but, having just 4 months of 2018 ahead, and being in August with nothing announced, looks unlikely they are releasing each item separated...

Pizza box  :lol

If that's the case... Will we see box price breaking the + €200 limit?
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2018, 12:15:19 PM »

Pizza box  :lol

If that's the case... Will we see box price breaking the + €200 limit?

Or maybe they would delay the Hansen documentary release to Spring 2019?

:think

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2018, 12:37:37 PM »
Guy said yesterday they are still doing preperations for the release. Someone asked what kind of preperations and he answered : "its complicated"

What could that be?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2018, 12:47:15 PM »
Guy said yesterday they are still doing preperations for the release. Someone asked what kind of preperations and he answered : "its complicated"

What could that be?

Maybe they are working editing some songs for single releases, or to be sent to radios to promote the record... or multiple things and he doesn't want to go further...

Thinking that the musical will keep them busy until the premiere date and probably during the first week or more after the premiere, if they are doing any promotion gigs, showcases, radio, tv etc, they have to shedule anything with care... so maybe this is one of the complicated things they are working at, or some of them...

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2018, 01:48:19 PM »

What could that be?

They found out that Richard used the wrong microphone and they have to re-record.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2018, 01:52:18 PM »

Or maybe they would delay the Hansen documentary release to Spring 2019?

:think

The positive side is that you don't hire someone like Hansen only to bin the project like the Madrid DVD.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2018, 06:43:22 PM »

What could that be?

My guess is TV appearances, promo material, short versions for radio release and stuff like that.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 35 queries.