Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Tour rehearsals  (Read 53451 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Tour rehearsals
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »
Surely I can't be the only one that wondered if after visiting the spanish city for his interview with Brian, Mark went home to see if he could remember how to play TOL? As someone who isn't old enough to have ever had the opportunity to hear that live, what a magical thing that would be for me....

I said on here just after we saw the show for the first time that Mark seemed to speak so fondly about it as if to hint it may return.  With the withdrawal of TR in the 2nd half of the Tracker tour it isn't as far fetched as we may initially think.  I'm not a player (guitar that is) but there isn't such fast playing in TOL as in TR, something Mark has been commenting in some recent interviews as being something he dreads.  It will be interesting to see anyway.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2019, 11:56:00 AM »
Surely I can't be the only one that wondered if after visiting the spanish city for his interview with Brian, Mark went home to see if he could remember how to play TOL? As someone who isn't old enough to have ever had the opportunity to hear that live, what a magical thing that would be for me....

I said on here just after we saw the show for the first time that Mark seemed to speak so fondly about it as if to hint it may return.  With the withdrawal of TR in the 2nd half of the Tracker tour it isn't as far fetched as we may initially think.  I'm not a player (guitar that is) but there isn't such fast playing in TOL as in TR, something Mark has been commenting in some recent interviews as being something he dreads.  It will be interesting to see anyway.

Yes, but Tunnel Of Love is a song in which you have to believe to sing and play it, and I doubt very much he feels like playing a rock song about fairgrounds, carrousels etc, maybe if we can add pipes on it...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2019, 12:58:14 PM »

Yes, but Tunnel Of Love is a song in which you have to believe to sing and play it, and I doubt very much he feels like playing a rock song about fairgrounds, carrousels etc, maybe if we can add pipes on it...

I'll take anything I can get.  ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2019, 01:03:46 PM »

I'll take anything I can get.  ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2019, 07:01:06 AM »
rehearsals and production start today according too mister mccuscker's twitter
https://twitter.com/johnmccusker/status/1112029419718234113
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2019, 01:37:03 PM »
Probably a small 3 weeks of rehearseltime, then a few days off before starting the tour in Barcelona.....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2019, 03:08:55 PM »
Probably a small 3 weeks of rehearseltime, then a few days off before starting the tour in Barcelona.....

As usual.

Just remember what Richard posted on his site. He started to play the songs and it was like seeing old friends.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2019, 09:11:40 PM »

As usual.

Just remember what Richard posted on his site. He started to play the songs and it was like seeing old friends.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 09:14:53 PM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »
Well Richard has been around since '96 so that's quite a catalogue of songs.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2019, 11:29:47 PM »
And we're not all waiting for the new 85 minute version of Marbletown!

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2019, 11:25:12 AM »
And we're not all waiting for the new 85 minute version of Marbletown!

I AM!

Just think that now there are percussion, trumpet and sax... That brings a new horizon to the song!

hunter

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2019, 11:30:29 AM »
Well Richard has been around since '96 so that's quite a catalogue of songs.
Exactly. The band probably has to prepare for a lot more songs than they actually end up playing. As a just-in-case thing.Not that I expect any huge setlist shake-up, but I AM curious if this year will be a bit different than usual, given that the band is bigger and because Mark seem a bit different in interviews. More upbeat, direct and personal. I don't expect anything revolutionary in the guitar department; it's pretty unrealistic that he's put himself on a strict practice regime to return to form. That said, he's got so many great songs that don't rely on guitar wizardry and are more suited to where he's at now, including a lot of the songs on the latest album, that it's still possible to shake things up and create a fresh, wonderful show.

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2019, 11:38:12 AM »
Coincidently with John McCusker saying in twitter they were in London to start rehearsals I had a dream in which I read some of the titles of the setlist:

They started the show with Done With Bonaparte

And it was surprising a trio fo songs like "In the heartland - She´s Gone - Your latest trick"

Strange things to dream about, LOL

hunter

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2019, 11:50:15 AM »
Coincidently with John McCusker saying in twitter they were in London to start rehearsals I had a dream in which I read some of the titles of the setlist:They started the show with Done With BonaparteAnd it was surprising a trio fo songs like "In the heartland - She´s Gone - Your latest trick"Strange things to dream about, LOL
You're a fan, I guess he-he

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »
I still remember the dream I had where Mark brought back the 1992 version of Calling Elvis except the entire play out solo was done by Nigel on sax whilst Mark gently strummed along!
In just over 3 weeks we’ll find out...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 43 queries.