Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 606779 times)

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #975 on: May 23, 2014, 10:04:48 AM »
As you look interested in talk about it... Why not to continue it in the EUROPE thread.

LoveExpresso

« Reply #976 on: May 27, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »
Hi, folks,
here are some nice words from former AMIT member Jackal.. so in case some of you wondered where and why he went.. I contacted him via Guy's forum ,  and only because he mentioned in his answer that he looks by occasionally, I better pass on his greetings:  ;)

I'm alive and doing well. I'm sorry for that abrupt exit from AMIT. Two years later I don't really remember why I did it like that, but there is no "bad blood". These days I limit my Interwebz presence to The Gear Page (the home of blooze lawyers with a penchant for Hawaiian shirts and tan pants), but I drop by AMIT occasionally. Take care, man. Give my best to the folks there. - Jackal

LE
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 07:58:39 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #977 on: May 27, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »
Hi, folks,
here are some nice words from former AMIT member Jackal.. so in case some of you wondered where and why he went.. I contacted him via Guy's forum ,  and only because he mentioned in his answer that he looks by occasionally, I better pass on his greetings:  ;)

I'm alive and doing well. I'm sorry for that abrupt exit from AMIT. Two years later I don't really remember why I did it like that, but there is no "bad blood". These days I limit my Interwebz presence to The Gear Page (the home of blooze lawyers with a penchant for Hawaiian shirts and tan pants), but I drop by AMIT occasionally. Take care, man. Give my best to the folks there. - Jackal

LE

Hi LE -   I did read your post on Guy's forum regarding Jackal.   I missed his posts very much after he left so suddenly.   I hope he will return one day.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #978 on: May 27, 2014, 09:49:14 PM »
I miss Jackal too

if you have a soundcloud account, you can also contact him via mail on soundcloud :

http://soundcloud.com/tds-music-library

and here is is YT channel, where you can post a comment if you have a YT account :

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeschington

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #979 on: May 27, 2014, 11:28:02 PM »
To one of the Dumb Dan questions, Guy answers its very likely that there are special guests in the new MK record.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #980 on: May 28, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »
To one of the Dumb Dan questions, Guy answers its very likely that there are special guests in the new MK record.

Ooo - that's good news!  I think we suspected as much due to the "longer than usual" studio time.  Should make it sell well too so perhaps they'll be less choosy about a release date.  :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #981 on: May 28, 2014, 09:15:36 PM »
Special guest could mean Phil Cunningham or Kim Wilson again...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #982 on: May 28, 2014, 10:55:46 PM »

Eric Clapton while recording the JJ Cale tribute ?  8)
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

OfflineCarrionSpy

• Camerado
« Reply #983 on: May 29, 2014, 09:42:02 AM »

Eric Clapton while recording the JJ Cale tribute ?  8)

Or John Illsley while recording Testing in the Water?   ;D ;D ;D
What made you think there'd be a living in sheep?

LoveExpresso

« Reply #984 on: May 29, 2014, 11:09:31 AM »
For me it would be very astonishing to see Kim Wilson again. I loved what he did but he gave such a unique flavour to the last record, that I think he will not return.  I hope for Paul Franklin, but I am not sure if PF and Phil Cunningham are really would be announced as "special guests", they are almost regulars, don't you think?  Ah, Paul Franklin, everything he does is magic..

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #985 on: May 29, 2014, 11:49:07 AM »
For me it would be very astonishing to see Kim Wilson again. I loved what he did but he gave such a unique flavour to the last record, that I think he will not return.  I hope for Paul Franklin, but I am not sure if PF and Phil Cunningham are really would be announced as "special guests", they are almost regulars, don't you think?  Ah, Paul Franklin, everything he does is magic..

LE
PF would be great. For me, I'd like to hear Ruth again!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #986 on: May 29, 2014, 12:17:59 PM »
Special guest could mean Phil Cunningham or Kim Wilson again...

And what makes you think I'm not getting excited by the prospect of "bleeding lips Wilson" appearing again!  ;)

I really think a guest like EC would make people sit up and take notice though and it would be payback for Mark doing his album.  In a way this could be compared to EC doing the Mandela gig for Mark after Mark did the EC tours in '87 and '88 (and a few RAH '89 nights).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:45:39 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #987 on: May 29, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »

LE

yes, he did the pedal steel on the dutch songfestival song. Common linnets - calm after the storm. Almost the winning song ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

LoveExpresso

« Reply #988 on: May 29, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »
Really? Never knew that. I was zapping through the programme that night and really found it the only good song! Reminded me of Sophie Zelmani, music wise. Nice for them to have the "best-pedal-steel-player in the world" (or whatever MK called him on On The Night...)  :thumbsup

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #989 on: May 29, 2014, 06:35:56 PM »
Yes, really. He played on their album also. You can clearly hear him in the song.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 39 queries.