Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 610795 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1275 on: June 11, 2015, 10:26:33 AM »
well report them then pls. i have not seen any.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #1276 on: June 11, 2015, 10:33:05 AM »
well report them then pls. i have not seen any.

Yes Agree Pottel. We have a great little community here. It has a lot more freedom than similar forums, so lets keep it this way.

It is probably a good time for us all to remind ourselves of the AMIT rules way back when we started:-
Namely these three:-

Distasteful or Offensive material
A.M.I.T. Forum administrators and moderators will make every effort to keep distasteful material off the forum, but need the co-operation, of all our user/members to achieve this. If you find offensive material on the Forum, please report it by clicking on the repot to moderator pertaining to the particular post. It can be found near the bottom of each post:-
Thus:-                           
Report to moderator    Logged
 This policy will work towards keeping the A.M.I.T. Forum running smoothly and more enjoyable for all. Neither A.M.I.T. nor Simple Machines will be held responsible for the content of any message.

Discretion/Respect
Use discretion when posting a message. This forum is read by many Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits/Notting Hillbillies fans from around the world daily, so what you say will be seen and read by many people. Please keep it civil, and always respect Mark and his band members, family and his associates. All UN-solicited discussions that are deemed by the Administrators/Moderators, to venture too far into Mark and or his band members' private personal/family matters will be considered inappropriate and promptly removed from the A.M.I.T. forum.

Expectations of all Members and Administrators
When we register to be a user/member of A.M.I.T. forum, we agree that we will not post any messages or topics that are threatening, hateful, obscene, vulgar, inflammatory, disrespectful or in violation of any laws/codes of conduct. In other words: - Be nice when you visit. Respect other user/ members, and all of the Administrators/moderators. Personal, attacks, Inflammatory-postings and stirring, will not be tolerated. Treat everyone here the way you expect to be treated yourself.

Found here:- http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=3068.0

surferboy

« Reply #1277 on: June 11, 2015, 10:52:07 AM »
@Henk: this is just an open forum, open to negative comments as well as positive ones (we prefer positive, but are realists) we do not want to go back to the mknews forum days, where every little bit of not kissing MK ass was deleted or could get  you banned.
again, as long as no one is being insulted by name (or insinuation) then it is ok for me, on this forum.

Dear Pottel,
what you write makes me sad.
Frankly I wish back more and more the days of the mknews forum.
What has happened to this formerly wonderful forum AMIT is not only very sad, it has offended and hurt many fans and, as the temporary closure of GF's forum shows, the MK camp, too.

No one denies the right to a critical or negative opinion, no one!
It is the rude and insulting choice of words to state that negative opinion about the Tracker album and now the Tour over and over again.
This shows a deep disrespect for and disbehaviour towards the artist and his work.
If you go into a museum and look at a painting and the painting is not after your taste, you walk on to another painting and you do not stand in front of it and start insulting and offending without ever stopping and thus spoiling it for those who would like to enjoy looking at it.

This has caused great damage!
My point is: It's not about "kissing MK's ass" as you write it. It is the other way round: The problem is kissing the ass (I only use your own harsh words) of those eternal moaners instead of putting a stop to it!
Today I get the impression here, that those who stood up the last two days against the rude behaviour are the ones who get blamed. And the eternal moaners can go on to post negative after negative after negative...
How sad and perverse things have become here.

Edit: I forgot that the permanent negativity here has among others led to people leaving this forum who have made so precious contributions, e.g. recon!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:32:02 PM by surferboy »

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #1278 on: June 11, 2015, 11:12:36 AM »
I do agree with Surferboy here.
Yes, everyone has the right to have critics on MK's work. I don't like this part of that song, I think he could have a longer solo on that song, to my taste this song is too slow, too quick, too much synth-flute whatever. Critics like that are good and add something to a discussion. But only being negative is not what you are here for. The base of being a fan is in my opinion that you in general like what MK is doing,

So I do agree that the negativism has to stop, and imo immediately. I agree with surferboy that people are here to enjoy together the music, tour and songwriting of MK and share experiences of touring/listening. People are not here to see people moaning about the same the whole time.

foma

« Reply #1279 on: June 11, 2015, 11:16:03 AM »
@Henk: this is just an open forum, open to negative comments as well as positive ones (we prefer positive, but are realists) we do not want to go back to the mknews forum days, where every little bit of not kissing MK ass was deleted or could get  you banned.
again, as long as no one is being insulted by name (or insinuation) then it is ok for me, on this forum.

Dear Pottel,
what you write makes me very very sad.
What has happened to this formerly wonderful forum AMIT (as someone wrote here: Anti Mark...) is not only very sad, it has offended and hurt many fans and, as the temporary closure of GF's forum shows, the MK camp, too.

It is the rude and insulting choice of words to state that negative opinion about the Tracker album and now the Tour.
This shows a deep disrespect for and disbehaviour towards the artist's work.
If you go into a museum and look at a painting and the painting is not after your taste, you walk on to another painting and you do not stand in front of it and start insulting and offending and thus spoiling it for those who would like to enjoy looking at it.

This has caused great great damage!
My point is: It's not about "kissing MK's ass" as you write it. It is the other way round: The problem is kissing the ass (I only use your own harsh words) of those eternal moaners instead of putting a stop to it!
Today I get the impression here, that those who stood up the last two days against the rude behaviour are the ones who get blamed. And eternal moaners like foma and border reiver can go on to post negative after negative after negative...
How sad and perverse things are getting here .

Haha, now imagine a guy looking at painting in the museum and saying things like 'Yeah, I'm a true, genuine and one and only fan who can appreciate this, and you haters just don't get it, go and see some mediocre paintings instead. And of course it's not about how it looks, but how it's done'.

Who insult or disrespect who here? I mean we all quite made a 'success' to all this stuff.

Pottel put it perfectly with his “We allow all reviews and comments, ridiculously positive as well as insanely negative”.

Onlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #1280 on: June 11, 2015, 11:36:45 AM »

Dear Pottel,
what you write makes me sad.
What has happened to this formerly wonderful forum AMIT is not only very sad, it has offended and hurt many fans and, as the temporary closure of GF's forum shows, the MK camp, too.

It is the rude and insulting choice of words to state that negative opinion about the Tracker album and now the Tour over and over again.
This shows a deep disrespect for and disbehaviour towards the artist and his work.
If you go into a museum and look at a painting and the painting is not after your taste, you walk on to another painting and you do not stand in front of it and start insulting and offending without ever stopping and thus spoiling it for those who would like to enjoy looking at it.

This has caused great damage!
Today I get the impression here, that those who stood up the last two days against the rude behaviour are the ones who get blamed. And eternal moaners like foma and border reiver can go on to post negative after negative after negative...
How sad and perverse things have become here.

Wait a minute there sunshine!

The word eternal is quite misleading. Yes, I was terribly dissatisfied with the way the setlist developed in contrast to hints being dropped by members of the band. And yes, I went on a bashing spree to speak my mind. But once I had so, I felt I got that out of the system and have not posted any negative ever since. And if doing statistics is something negative, well then the boo-hoo bar is set quite low.

And by all means, you can look into my other hundreds of posts where positiveness and happy thoughts roam freely hand in hand in a land of musical milk and honey. But sure, do judge me based on a thin slice of the pie. I take it you appreciate when other's will treat you equally?

And in not one single case have I broken the AMIT rules. Apart from some other guy...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:44:03 AM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Onlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #1281 on: June 11, 2015, 11:53:25 AM »

I disagree with you on this specific comparison.

For me it's more like supporting a sports team, which can also be described as a form of art. Every game looks mostly the same from above, in football there are two goals, one ball and two teams that will try to score and win. You pay tickets, you buy the gear and you go cheer. When they let you down it's quite natural to feel dissappointed and some loudly express their feelings. But you can be sure as hell that you will be there next game still cheering the lungs out since you can't live without the team. But when they win and you are satisfied, oh boy, do you express those feeling all around.

I was dissapointed, that is now forgotten and I've moved on to start cheering again.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

surferboy

« Reply #1282 on: June 11, 2015, 11:57:35 AM »
"Wait a minute there sunshine!"

No one has ever called me sunshine. 8)
I feel flattered. ::)
Fancy a drink?

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #1283 on: June 11, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »
I think this dicussion now leads to the conclusion that we are turning the positive way again  :)
And that's what we are here for. I like the idea of a footballteam border reiver and indeed, people may express disappointment, and I think you didn't do it very often. So let's go back to what we love most, discussing songs, like the intro of BIA that came back

Onlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #1284 on: June 11, 2015, 12:16:52 PM »

Fancy a drink?

Anytime.

surferboy

« Reply #1285 on: June 11, 2015, 12:26:28 PM »

Fancy a drink?

Anytime.

I'm off to my hairdresser...
You like it short or long and curly?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:32:36 PM by surferboy »

Onlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #1286 on: June 11, 2015, 12:38:53 PM »

Fancy a drink?

Anytime.

Sorry pal, I don't swing that way. Was only referring to that gay mood you seem to be in.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #1287 on: June 11, 2015, 12:41:13 PM »
"Now you just say oh Surferboy? You know I used to have a scene with him..."
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1288 on: June 11, 2015, 12:50:23 PM »

Fancy a drink?

Anytime.

Sorry pal, I don't swing that way. Was only referring to that gay mood you seem to be in.

Let me join for a drink boys. You are both nice guys i suppose. I met surferboy last week and he's a very nice and humble man.  :) Stop the fighting  ;D
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1289 on: June 11, 2015, 02:29:07 PM »
I don´t like the "Stop the negativism" because it kinds of cut the freedom of speech.

Yes, I know that it upsets many of you reading negative comments day by day, that some of them ate very repetitive, but it´s freedom of speech. A negative opinion is just an opinion, as valid as a positive as long as the person who gives that negative opinion gives his reasons. Anyone is entitled to express his opinions, negative or positive. Nobody complaints about positive opinions, thats easy to understand, negative opinions are harder to swallow, specially by the people who are esentially positive, but from my point of view, deserve the same respect.

Honestly, if this is a "negativism hunter", the next step will be stop it, we will turn into what we didnt wanted to be when this forum started, and I would like to be out of the editors team then. I don´t like the negative opinions sometimes, but I respect the right of express them.

If it´s going to be trendy this stop the negativism, we should add it to the rules, kind of "ten negative comments will cost you to be banned".

I can´t understand many reactions, and I don´t share many comments from one side to another, but I insist, if this continues, I´m gonna ask seriously to abandon the editors team.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 43 queries.