Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Analyzing Fair Admission HELP wanted  (Read 26977 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Analyzing Fair Admission HELP wanted
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »
Thank you, Ingrid!  You're doing a great job!    :thumbsup    :clap
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »
Thanks for all of your effort Ingrid. To say we are all gobsmacked by the events of the last few days is an understatement and I'm afraid it leaves a very bitter taste in one's mouth especially as we are all MK diehards and some of us will not now be seeing the master live on next year's tour...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2018, 07:36:10 PM »
Thank you Ingrid. Wonderful. Great effort! :clap
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2018, 07:39:06 PM »
My impression is that this Canadian company running this things is pretty amateur and must be quite cheap for MK...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2018, 07:43:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure PC will say something about huge demand and all. Speaking of which, the demand IS really high.
When I was trying to buy a ticket, my ID was more than 250,000 so it means 1/4 million of people already tried it.

And it was early in the process. Never underestimate the demand for MK.

My impression is that this Canadian company running this things is pretty amateur and must be quite cheap for MK...

It's not like he use professionals a lot. He designs covers himself, his manager does only what MK wants. So all the questions is for MK :(

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2018, 07:49:28 PM »
Thanks for all of your effort Ingrid. To say we are all gobsmacked by the events of the last few days is an understatement and I'm afraid it leaves a very bitter taste in one's mouth especially as we are all MK diehards and some of us will not now be seeing the master live on next year's tour...
Let's try to be positive. Maybe it's only the "Fair" Admission system that was a gong show and the old style pre-sales will work as they used to in the past and we will still be able to get good seats! Fingers crossed.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2018, 07:52:12 PM »
Despite the FA system obvious fail, I wonder why people says they won't attend Marks concert whereas they can try buying seats at face/fair price through regular pre sale and sale when available?

Is being within first rows the most important thing ?

:think
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2018, 07:55:54 PM »
For info- The base ticket price at Newcastle was £55. After the add-ons it cost me £140.70 for two tickets, and after all I've read I think I've been lucky. 
I can't remember exactly when the original email arrived but I placed my pre-order as soon as I was home from work that day (16:20). Perhaps the time/order in which tickets were booked determined the position in the queue. If people didn't book until late in the evening or the next day, the FA quota may have already been taken. If that is the case they have just moved the problem obtaining tickets to another place in the process.  :think

I'm sure there will be a lot of very unhappy fans if it turns out the the Regular pre-sale tickets were for better seats than the FA allocation.
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2018, 08:01:15 PM »
For info- The base ticket price at Newcastle was £55. After the add-ons it cost me £140.70 for two tickets, and after all I've read I think I've been lucky. 
I can't remember exactly when the original email arrived but I placed my pre-order as soon as I was home from work that day (16:20). Perhaps the time/order in which tickets were booked determined the position in the queue. If people didn't book until late in the evening or the next day, the FA quota may have already been taken. If that is the case they have just moved the problem obtaining tickets to another place in the process.  :think

I'm sure there will be a lot of very unhappy fans if it turns out the the Regular pre-sale tickets were for better seats than the FA allocation.

Especially while, from what I understand, you can't return the ticket and all sales are final. That's as as fair as beating a new born baby. I was hoping that this system will allow you to return the ticket, so other fans can buy it through the system, as with Primavera Sound festival and some other festivals. If you can't go, you return the ticket and it gets the new ID so someone else could buy it. THAT's fair. And FA is a complete waste.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »

Knopflerfan, I'm trying again for Leeds and Newcastle on Monday in the usual presale, so please don't give up just yet!    :) 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2018, 08:06:24 PM »

Knopflerfan, I'm trying again for Leeds and Newcastle on Monday in the usual presale, so please don't give up just yet!    :)

Me too.  I hope to still see you all there.  I know all this has been exasperating but keep going!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2018, 08:13:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure PC will say something about huge demand and all. Speaking of which, the demand IS really high.
When I was trying to buy a ticket, my ID was more than 250,000 so it means 1/4 million of people already tried it.

And it was early in the process. Never underestimate the demand for MK.

It's not like he use professionals a lot. He designs covers himself, his manager does only what MK wants. So all the questions is for MK :(

That's not true. I ordered one of the first orders of this tour (cologne, tuesday 10.00) and i got ID 251841
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineShai

• Camerado
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2018, 08:58:46 PM »
Registered for both NYC shows at the Beacon. Got "NO" responses for both. I am sure I won't be able to afford front row seats like I had at the Beacon in 2015!!

Saul

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2018, 09:07:11 PM »
The FA system was set up because management didn't like the fact others were making extra money on the tickets.
They solved the problem by getting the extra money themselves.
Wow! This is the quote of the year!

This!  :clap
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineInTheSky

• Guitar George
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2018, 10:34:14 PM »
Some "fresh" official explanations published by TK:

Fair Admission Process Update
http://www.markknopfler.com/fair-admission-process-update/

Ingrid you were completely right with the statistics you collected (about 20% of the requests fulfilled).

Requests made through Fair Admission registration for tickets to the Down The Road Wherever tour far exceeded available inventory. On average, we received five times the requests for tickets than we had the ability to fill.

And here in MarkKnopfler.com FAQs:

How is inventory allocated between Fair Admission and MarkKnopfler.com presales?
https://support.markknopfler.com/support/solutions/articles/4000131577--how-is-inventory-allocated-between-fair-admission-and-markknopfler-com-presales-

They admit that among the "best seats" sold through the FA system, all seats are not necessarly in the same category (some may be cheapers than others). I hadn't noticed this before.

Specifically, where MarkKnopfler.com is able to secure 1000 seats for a single show, there may be more than one price point of ticket in that inventory for that show. If there are only 600 of the most expensive tickets then the remaining 400 have to be the next best available and they are generally a little cheaper.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 39 queries.