Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Maserati 300S  (Read 4035 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Maserati 300S
« on: April 17, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Maserati 300S
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 08:11:18 PM »
I always forget about this documentary I think I've never seen it in full.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 03:17:07 PM »
wonder if that is actually his garage, and what the other cars in there are..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 05:00:24 PM »

Looks like a typical rich man's garage to me, also there's motorcycles in there, so it's almost certainly Mark's garage. As for other cars, we'll never know, because Mark will never reveal anything about his private life, including cars, I suppose :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 06:23:37 PM »

Looks like a typical rich man's garage to me, also there's motorcycles in there, so it's almost certainly Mark's garage. As for other cars, we'll never know, because Mark will never reveal anything about his private life, including cars, I suppose :lol

He has a big garage in his New Forest house, the one we see in the Henrik Hansen tracker mini documentary...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:30:15 PM by jbaent »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 11:58:48 PM »

Looks like a typical rich man's garage to me

So true, and despite the fact that you can only drive one car at a time  :P
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 11:19:27 AM »
But one should mention the fact that he has a fair bit of knowledge, for example when he talks about the 3-litre straight eight Merc, and so on.
Therefore I'd like to deduct, that he has a certain passion for these cars and 'the olden days' of racing. So these cars have been used an abused instead of treating them like an investment.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 11:33:55 AM »
But one should mention the fact that he has a fair bit of knowledge, for example when he talks about the 3-litre straight eight Merc, and so on.
Therefore I'd like to deduct, that he has a certain passion for these cars and 'the olden days' of racing. So these cars have been used an abused instead of treating them like an investment.

Yeah, just like he treats his guitar collection, even the ridiculous stuff like Monteleone guitars find their way on his records, which is amazing. I love Mark's discussion about racing being so different as opposed to songwriting, where you have a lot of choices. I think the pure skill required to be a good driver is as impressive as being a good songwriter or a guitar player, or good anything. I love car guys like Jay Leno, they can buy any car they want and drive it, and are willing to share their collection. If that's not passion I don't know what is.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 11:47:33 AM »
And it's real hard work required, if you aim for being a professional!  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:59:11 AM by Justme »
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinerelaxcoustic

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 11:49:44 AM »

Yeah, just like he treats his guitar collection, even the ridiculous stuff like Monteleone guitars find their way on his records, which is amazing. I love Mark's discussion about racing being so different as opposed to songwriting, where you have a lot of choices. I think the pure skill required to be a good driver is as impressive as being a good songwriter or a guitar player, or good anything. I love car guys like Jay Leno, they can buy any car they want and drive it, and are willing to share their collection. If that's not passion I don't know what is.

Off theme a bit, but why do you think Monteleone guitars are “ridiculoue”? Do you think they are bad? Just curious.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 12:59:36 PM »

Off theme a bit, but why do you think Monteleone guitars are “ridiculoue”? Do you think they are bad? Just curious.

I presume that "ridiculous stuff" refers to the song not the guitar itself.
Most ridiculous has been recording the song with the Monteleone on it and then perform it live with another brand guitar  :smack
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 03:36:09 PM »
And it's real hard work required, if you aim for being a professional!  :thumbsup

Racing is so hard I can't believe what these guys are capable of, especially F1 drivers racing on ~350 kms per hour. Very demanding discipline indeed!

I presume that "ridiculous stuff" refers to the song not the guitar itself.
Most ridiculous has been recording the song with the Monteleone on it and then perform it live with another brand guitar  :smack

Ridiculous just in the sense that Monteleone is a guitar for the best jazz guitar players out there, in the sense that it's like an F1 car for a casual user, obviously Mark isn't an "F1" racer when it comes to playing Monteleone guitar, he also speaks about it openly that he won't be able to bring the most out of it as a jazz guitar player. But he owns the guitar, and he did write a song on it, I bet there's no any jazz guitar player who can write a song of this magnitude about their instrument. So it's all balanced out I guess :lol

Of course he wouldn't bring it on tour, I remember reading about Mark's Gibson Super 400 CES, that it was so precious they stored it in the case and only brought it out for one song (Your Latest Trick) and then took it back into the case, it was treated like a museum piece, which it is. Bringing a Monteleone guitar just for one song is of course something a rational human being like Mark can't do. I think he was so happy about his signature Gibson Les Paul, it's a 10 grand instrument, but at least it's not a 1 million $ instrument he should carry in 80 countries with him on tour.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 09:35:26 AM »
I remember reading about Mark's Gibson Super 400 CES, that it was so precious they stored it in the case and only brought it out for one song (Your Latest Trick) and then took it back into the case,

I think he used it on Fade to black to, but we don't have any video to confirm it

and he used it on NHB 90 tour to

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2020, 10:46:43 AM »
I remember reading about Mark's Gibson Super 400 CES, that it was so precious they stored it in the case and only brought it out for one song (Your Latest Trick) and then took it back into the case,

I think he used it on Fade to black to, but we don't have any video to confirm it

and he used it on NHB 90 tour to

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 37 queries.