Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 158748 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
WOW WOW WOW

It is complete with talking and everything! It sounds great. xxxxxxx gave me the same shivers as I got on Sunday evening. I am very grateful for this offer.
Wonder if Guy was involved in this... Will be hard to stay away from all the great other shows...

LE

His Post-XXXXXX-talking is VERY long...

Maybe you could edit your post without setlist reference -this is not for myself as I already attended but for others....

By the way I was pleased to meet you
 ;)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Love Expresso

Sorry. OK I changed it. Didn't know there were any unspoiled people around but I learned on sunday that indeed some lucky people were able to avoid getting knowledge of the setlist. Sorry, I was a little bit inattendive ::). Because I was so excited! Boy, sounds really good....

Yep, it was great to meet you, too!  :) You are a very friendly, openminded and polite chap! Maybe we meet again at some other shows in the nearer or distant future..

LE

OfflineAndrea82

• Guitar George
    • Night dating. Easy and simple.
I have downloaded the 1st show at RAH for 14.95

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Listening to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx right now, sounds great.

MK's vocals sound slightly muffled but the headphones I have at the moment aren't the best for vocals so I'll reserve judgement until I've listened on something else.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineLocalhero

• Guitar George
    • local-hero.org
Audience recording and sbd are a different experience.

First of all on the sbd you hear the engineer choice that is definitively different of what you can hear in the hall. I want to tell for example that Richard sounds very nice but his part are too often very low mixed.
I agree, then I wonder if the official recording comes the FOH engineer's mix done for the venue, or another mix has been done for the "hifi" rendering.

Second some audience recording can sometime turns very good and if not  as good as a sbd feed not that far and give real listening pleasure.

Of course myself I do prefer the sbd source most of the time but not always...
There again I agree, I was totally surprised how good my recording from Nantes 2008 sounds (my first ever recording).
But it has a lot to do with the recording gear (microphones above all), with the seats you have (not close from the stage, just behind the FOH engineer is a good place to be), with the people near you...
My other 2008 recordings (not released yet by lack of time) do not sound as good as Nantes. I have to find time and to check if it is worth the work compared to the other existing recordings.

On most of the audience recordings, bass doesn't really sound like rich and deep bass. I don't know how to explain what I feel. Because of the spoiler I can't say which song I have in mind.
Same thing with drums, I think it has to do with low frequencies, so the rhythm instruments.
I like audience recordings, thank you for all of the people involved, but very often the rhythm part does not sound as good as live. That's why I think soundboards are a good thing. Thanks MK, Guy (I'm sure he is involved) and PCM.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:02:28 PM by Localhero »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Glenn's bass sounding good as I listen to an old favourite right now.

They seem to be DRM free, certainly I put them on my ipod no problem, I don't know how to check.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Fantastic stuff! Listening now...That night in Albert Hall was my first time in UK. Great to have recording of that!

Silvertown

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
I just checked the site and it's not available for download in the U.S. :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief   

If someone knows a way for the U.S. fans to get the RAH recordings, please let us know. :-[

Thank you!
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Actually I have to make a correction. Been in UK twice before...in Scotland :)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Ok, I have just downloaded it, listening to it right now on my LG home cinema system.
Just to show you that the moaning one can also be positive, here is my review of the whole thing :)
1-The E-commercie part is a breeze. A huge step up from bloody Passalong. You don't even need to register to buy it. Information needed is reduced to minimum. Download speed is fine. No resistance whatsoever in the process. Congrats ! it seems that this is the way to go to distribute live music in today's world of high technology and low CD sales.
2-The thing is definitely DRM free. This is the advantage of MP3 over WMA - at comparable bitrates, quality is a bit less but the hassle is much less. You can put this anywhere.
3-The tracks are properly labelled. There are as many tracks as songs, seems that the band introductions have been removed, even if I have not listened to everything yet. Never mind anyway.
4-The artwork is reduced to .jpg files of the get lucky album cover. Not terribly interesting, but never mind.
5-The audio quality, I have to say, is great. Greater than expected for MP3s.
Now, here are my (constructive) suggestions to make this a perfect experience:
1-I stick to the opinion that FLAC download should be an option for those who know what they are doing, even if it is priced higher. it would cost them just a bit more storage space and bandwidth access... anyway.
2-Not labelling the tracks on the web site is a bit ridiculous: if you come here to download a concert, obviously that means you intend to know the setlist very soon :) You should be able to choose which concert suits you best. Anyway, small matter, there are other ways to know. Let's hope that the songs that did you make it in London will make it later in the tour !

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I just checked the site and it's not available for download in the U.S. :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief   

If someone knows a way for the U.S. fans to get the RAH recordings, please let us know. :-[

Thank you!
Now that really sucks. Seriously. I will refrain from smiling and saying that for once, the "rest of the world" is advantaged over the US... Rather, I'll say, this is a globalized world, MK is having a transatlantic career, The Internet is a village, so, please, Simfy, give us a break !!

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado

Thank you!
Yep, the same here in Canada  >:( :(
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Try to use a europeamn proxy, or a UK one, I didn
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Try to use a europeamn proxy, or a UK one, I didn

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 37 queries.