Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 158728 times)

Offlineolazabalrok

• Camerado
  • don't burn the pig
Ok, the purchase was really easy! The mix is rather good too, would've hoped that MK's guitar would be a bit louder, at least during solos :) Not gonna buy all of them, but couple of good ones...

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Ok, I have just downloaded it, listening to it right now on my LG home cinema system.
Just to show you that the moaning one can also be positive, here is my review of the whole thing :)
1-The E-commercie part is a breeze. A huge step up from bloody Passalong. You don't even need to register to buy it. Information needed is reduced to minimum. Download speed is fine. No resistance whatsoever in the process. Congrats ! it seems that this is the way to go to distribute live music in today's world of high technology and low CD sales.
2-The thing is definitely DRM free. This is the advantage of MP3 over WMA - at comparable bitrates, quality is a bit less but the hassle is much less. You can put this anywhere.
3-The tracks are properly labelled. There are as many tracks as songs, seems that the band introductions have been removed, even if I have not listened to everything yet. Never mind anyway.
4-The artwork is reduced to .jpg files of the get lucky album cover. Not terribly interesting, but never mind.
5-The audio quality, I have to say, is great. Greater than expected for MP3s.
Now, here are my (constructive) suggestions to make this a perfect experience:
1-I stick to the opinion that FLAC download should be an option for those who know what they are doing, even if it is priced higher. it would cost them just a bit more storage space and bandwidth access... anyway.
2-Not labelling the tracks on the web site is a bit ridiculous: if you come here to download a concert, obviously that means you intend to know the setlist very soon :) You should be able to choose which concert suits you best. Anyway, small matter, there are other ways to know. Let's hope that the songs that did you make it in London will make it later in the tour !

OK, band introductions ARE there, I just listened to them. :)

Art is different to the Get Luck cover, but I guess people will make custom stuff soon enough.

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I asked them if any of the previous MK concerts (before the RAH) will be available, and that was their answer:

Thank you for your response.

We are only recording the upcoming, current tour of Mark Knopfler. Therefore we dont offer the concerts from North America and UK.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I asked them if any of the previous MK concerts (before the RAH) will be available, and that was their answer:

Thank you for your response.

We are only recording the upcoming, current tour of Mark Knopfler. Therefore we dont offer the concerts from North America and UK.

Somebody needs to tell them what country London is in. ;)

Love Expresso

Right. But they probably mean the recent uk shows before the RAH stint, don't you think?

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
They answered me about the fact this recordings can

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Offlineemilianomk

• Camerado
so only europe
Im from south america and 15 euros here are A LOT , with that money you can buy a Tv, or a dvd player here!. Anyway I was looking forward to buy it but I CANT!!!
I cant wait anymore!!!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
According to their answer, they won

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

My take on it ? Go and proxy like mad with no remorse. Can anybody try and tell us whether they only block IP addresses, or if they also ban credit cards based on location ? in the latter case they should be some ways to get european virtual credit cards or something...

We won

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Can't speak for the other mods but I don't have a problem with anyone bending copyright rules to give MK their money. :)

One of the options is to use Paypal so I assume that would get round the credit card thing.

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
Can't believe they won't do anything to resolve this. As I mentioned before, I am able to purchase / order Elton John recordings from this very site but it seems only MK's gigs are blocked. Now, this is ridiculous!

I will try it later with jbaent's link. Thanks for all your advice! Paypal should work just fine.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Can't speak for the other mods but I don't have a problem with anyone bending copyright rules to give MK their money. :)

One of teh options is to use Paypal so I assume that would get round the credit card thing.
Not sure for paypal, they may still be able to check the underlying credit card origin. One of our American friends has to try and let us know.
Agreed about bending the rules to give MK their money. I am ready to purchase the concerts several times and send them to american people who can refund me by paypal, if needed. This could be our way of protest, which could hardly be labelled as piracy as we would actually give MK MORE money than if we do nothing !
MK himself is certainly against these stupid limitations. He expressed modern views on the Internet many times, starting with the Napster lawsuit in 2000. Now I am very disappointed that these issues are still pending in 2010. What was ennoying in 2000, was irritating in 2005 and is really unbearable in 2010.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 41 queries.