Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 158748 times)

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
This is absolutely cruel for us in the U.S. I really have to get my hands on one of these. If someone is willing to order the sticks, they will also have to download the rest of the show and put them on the sticks because they don't have the whole show on them. I am familiar with simfy as I did a few of the Elton John shows that I missed to go to MK this tour (same nights).

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
awww....? No 31ST? we'll see ! BTW it's great to hear again the attended show !!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
nono...
martina and i spoke to the (german) guys that actually record this stuff.
and they stand outside in a small van, connected to the FOH with a glassfibre cable, with 103 channels, and convert it straight in empeetree, even if you buy the cd, it is empeetree to cd......

they also mentioned that they are talking about getting the tapes (the band made) from Dublin on and making those available too!!!!!!!!!! meaning. also RAH the first two nights.

last but not least, and here they were unsure, they (the crew/van) would only record until the end of june (?)
but this to me does not mean that there will not be simply another team for the remainder of the tour.
also, why does noone contact pcm and propose to release ALL concerts (since the band started taping i mean, back in god knows when,...) and that we could for example split the proceeds to go to charity and the band ?? (or mark of course)
i mean, all nights in the RAH are in light of various charity organisations, we know how much this means to mark...maybe the route of hthe supertanker can be changed that way??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I'm all for it, but why would they need us to come up with these common sense ideas ? If PC cannot move the supertanker, can we fans make a difference ?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
we can try...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I just hope that they publish enough concerts so that at least one good version of each song played on the tour is available.
May be tough to re-release the 2005 concerts as many sites have started treating them as public domain since Passalong went bust.
The 2008 concerts would be nice to have but they do not add tremendous value over the 2010 ones (with the notable exception of Postcards from Paraguay, I still have a slight hope that it would be played this year)
2001 would be Nice, rare songs like Pyroman or Junkie Doll, but i seriously doubt that they have them. same for the fabulous 96 ones, don't think they kept what was not released on ANIL and the SoS compilation.

Offlineemilianomk

• Camerado
Just listened to the rah 30-5 show, I like it lets say 8.5 points overall
great version of marbletown hill farmers sos and piper! , but I dont like speeday at nazareth , I cant hear ritchards guitar when enters in the solo

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
Still only the 30th May show available. Does anyone know whether Simfy were recording the other RAH shows, or was it just the first one?

Interesting to discover how well the after show collection of USB sticks goes on the 6th.
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I just hope that they publish enough concerts so that at least one good version of each song played on the tour is available.
May be tough to re-release the 2005 concerts as many sites have started treating them as public domain since Passalong went bust.
The 2008 concerts would be nice to have but they do not add tremendous value over the 2010 ones (with the notable exception of Postcards from Paraguay, I still have a slight hope that it would be played this year)
2001 would be Nice, rare songs like Pyroman or Junkie Doll, but i seriously doubt that they have them. same for the fabulous 96 ones, don't think they kept what was not released on ANIL and the SoS compilation.

Not so bothered about 96 or 01 as we have some FM broadcasts from those tours, especially 96.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I mailed them directly to tell them I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
Pottel, any explanation about why only the first night is available? You should ask them if you have the chance :)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
This has just been posted on MK.Com:

Hi fellows,

this ist Ulf from Simfy, recording each show. As you already have got it right Simfy is recording each evening to issue each show in CD quality. For some venue based reasons we were only allowed to issue the first gig of the RAH jet but are in negotioations regarding the release of the other RAH shows. Let me come back to you if there is any new information. Until now you can purchase the 1st gig using the MP3 download or USB pre order via http://www.simfylive.de/de/artist/3272/live-recordings/Mark-Knopfler.html .

USB sticks will be sold directly at the venue from around the 6th of June on. We are waiting for the flash drives to be delivered from the manufacturer.

If you pre order them now they will be sent via mail and you will get a really nice collectors box with a high quality mixed concert on it.

If you pruchase the USB sticks from the venue itself you will find most of the songs on the USB stick immediately. A few encores will be missing each night that you can download from the web the next day. A download link can be found in the flash player delivered with the device. Just click on that link, enter the download code into the web mask popping up and downoad the .zip file. If you unpack that .zip to the stick you'll find also the encores in your track list.

I hope I could answer a few of your questions. Regarding outside Europe downloads I have to see what I can do talking to our management.

Regards

Ulf
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
Well that explains very clearly what is going on with the Simfy recordings.

Many thanks Superval for posting this here and many thanks Ulf from Simfy for the explanation, it really is a nice to have some straight forward answers.
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
I don

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Seems to me from that reply and from Pottel's conversations with them that the Simfy people are good guys who will do their best to give us what we want. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.262 seconds with 39 queries.