Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 158730 times)

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
On Guy's forum regarding the availability for those of us in North America:

"I'm aware of your dilemma and will be letting you know if anything comes up. It's just that it's not been decided yet. I remain hopeful."

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
Need to wait till I get paid in 2 weeks :-( Can't wait to get my hands on some recordings :-)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
To any of those wondering what to do, well I went and bought the Royal Albert Hall on the 30/05/2010 download this afternoon and we were after downloading the file onto the computer and then transferring to cd completely 'blown away' as it bought back very happy memories of last night listening to Mark and the band... JUST BUY IT YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!!!

What excellent sound all round and of course Mark and his guitars are heard really well and backed by all the other instruments make this a pleasure to own...

My conclusion is that if they do decide to release our concert (2nd June) that will be an added bonus but at least we have the first night at the RAH on disc NOW!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Just to add that after completely listening to both cd's that this is the full concert including Mark talking to everyone...

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
Just to add that after completely listening to both cd's that this is the full concert including Mark talking to everyone...

That's good.  Nice to hear those bits too!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Thanks Knopflerfan!   I think I'll give it a try, then at least I'll have one, even if it's not one of my concerts!    :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
knopflerfan,

You're killing me!!!! Its not an issue of if we WANT to buy, it is an issue of IF we can buy it lol....

Seriously though, I hope that they fix this soon for NA because I am not sure how much more of this I can take......

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
knopflerfan,

You're killing me!!!! Its not an issue of if we WANT to buy, it is an issue of IF we can buy it lol....

Seriously though, I hope that they fix this soon for NA because I am not sure how much more of this I can take......

Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm just saying for those that can buy it - BUY IT. I really hope you will be able to order a copy soon?..

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
no worries knofplerfan, diremark meant it in a funny way (or at least that is how i interpret it)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
I can understand the Spanish tracker not wanting to host the audience recordings when there are official recordings available.  After all there has been plenty or conversation on this forum about the lack of MK official live recordings.  If fans pick audience recordings over the official ones doesn't that just further decrease the chance of MK releasing an official live recording on CD/DVD?

Of course the affect of the availability of audience recordings would probably have a minimal impact on the simfy sales, but it is about putting the right message out.

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
I don't understand what the problem is. Who needs audience recordings if there are official soundboard recordings available for download at a reasonable price?
I do however see the dilemma of our American friends. Hope there will be a solution.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Must be collectors-disease  :P

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Well, you have the legal aspect of it and the practical aspect.

Legally, it is clearly stated by MK management that audio bootlegging and sharing is perfectly legal; no notice whatsoever was given that this policy would change because of the Simfy releases; of course it would be illegal to share this Simfy releases; but an audience recording of the same show is by no means the same product, so there is nothing whatsoever preventing the tracker to put these audience recording onlines.

Now, regardless of the legal aspect, would the Simfy sales go down because of the presence of free audience recordings ? I seriously doubt so. As Pottel put it, those who make it to the Spanish city are real fans, who would be definitely buying the soundboard recordings, whether or not they have the option to find an audience reccording.

I'm in favor of sharing them. There are 3 good reasons to do so:

1/We *are* allowed to do so
2/I would not dismiss the interest of an audience recording, especially in today's world where technology allows high quality ones. An audience recording is not necessirily worse than a soundboard one. It is just a different experience. And for some, it may mean hearing again exacly what you heard in the concert room, including the crowd noise - a memory that will be cherished more, despite its imperfections.
3/Our Amercian friends deserve something. They were not treated respectfully (until now at least), so, I would have no remerse providing them with whatever is available.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I don't understand what the problem is. Who needs audience recordings if there are official soundboard recordings available for download at a reasonable price?
I do however see the dilemma of our American friends. Hope there will be a solution.
I hardly ever listen to the Crowfly recordings from the S-L tour now because they're lossy and sound terrible (to my ears anyway).  I would rather put on one of the excellent audience recordings instead but I think fans will be a little reluctant to bother taking their equipment with them if they know they can pre-order the concert.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Regarding audience-recordings: I think they will be allowed after the tour again. So we will have them anyway. And our american friends  (and other friends around the world!!) should be able to have them too, so if the problem will not be solved proper I think we can provide them by downloading it on their behalf or ordering the stick and send it to them

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 37 queries.