Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 158742 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I hardly ever listen to the Crowfly recordings from the S-L tour now because they're lossy and sound terrible (to my ears anyway).  I would rather put on one of the excellent audience recordings instead but I think fans will be a little reluctant to bother taking their equipment with them if they know they can pre-order the concert.
They are indeed lossy, and as purist I don't really like lossy files (but last time I said that I got blasted here ;)). Still, I have RAH 2005 and it does not sound terrible to me, rather good actually, which one(s) do you have ?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I hardly ever listen to the Crowfly recordings from the S-L tour now because they're lossy and sound terrible (to my ears anyway).  I would rather put on one of the excellent audience recordings instead but I think fans will be a little reluctant to bother taking their equipment with them if they know they can pre-order the concert.
They are indeed lossy, and as purist I don't really like lossy files (but last time I said that I got blasted here ;)). Still, I have RAH 2005 and it does not sound terrible to me, rather good actually, which one(s) do you have ?
I have all of them.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
no worries knofplerfan, diremark meant it in a funny way (or at least that is how i interpret it)

That is true, I wasn't offended at all. I did mean it in a funny way. Its just killing me not having an offical soundboard right now!!! AAARRRGGG!!!!!!

Someone on Guy's forum posted that there is one available download of the RAH shows in the U.S. I for one would like to know how the heck he did it.....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I downloaded the concert this morning from Simfy and I really LOVE IT!    I can hear so many sounds I was not aware of on other recordings and the sound is beautiful.   I just hope one of "mine" will eventually surface!    I still think audience recordings are needed, however, especially for those concerts not available.     :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
so if the problem will not be solved proper I think we can provide them by downloading it on their behalf or ordering the stick and send it to them

Is that not breaking the law to import on the US territory music not allowed to be sold there ???

Just kiddin'  ;D
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
I don't know! To make it clear with an example:
If Isaac (Canadian) goes to every show and every night he buys the stick, I don't think it's illegal for him to bring it with him home.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
I don't know, I was basicaly kidding about the silly situation. Because sometimes rules maybe so complex that a workaround maybe legal or not.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I listen to the Crowfly shows, I think in general they sound good, the only time I notice they are lossy is when the applause comes in.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
I did listen to them again after a long gap of time and they really sound flat to me. I don't know if it is because I listen these from the CD wave trancoded files I made before my HD chrashed with the original fucking DRMised wma files I paid for.

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
Cheers Pensaboy - that Poster looks pretty cool! :D
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I wonder what this white box is... when I saw the flyer in London I thought it was a cd edition of the concert, but now that I read about a collector box or something like that I have my doubts.

I saw in other sites that special boxes to collect all the usb are offered, usually with all the recordings made, or special boxes with all the cds, but apparently (according to the picture) the usb is not labered with the venue / date. I hope the real stick it is.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
It looks like they are having issues with the Royal Albert Hall "brand", that probably asks for lots of money to be used, so probably the May 30th show we already have will be the only one available from London  ???

I hope the Simfy Live people solve the problem, but it looks like having so many other concerts to offer, the easy step is forget about the rest of RAH shows.

A pitty, I wanted to collect all the RAH sticks  :(
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Pensaboy,

thanks for the pix of teh flyer.  really cool. Anybody knows about NA recordings? Any words whether they will be available ?

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Hmm, if these sticks are available right after the show, I'll buy one! :D

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
do, can i now, or can i not share the recordings of the RAH (and Bournemouth) and the ones that lie ahead of me??
Allen, Pamplina??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 39 queries.