Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 158736 times)

Offlineemilianomk

• Camerado
Is anyone else out there unhappy with the mixing on some of the tunes from Simfy?  I'm talking specifically about Speedway where Mike's whistle is far too loud and drowns out everything else.  Also Richard's guitar seems to have gone AWOL.  WAM is another and again it's the whistle that's overbearing, drowning out every other instrument.  Is it Mike who mixes these or what!

meee in every recording its the same poor ritchar i CANT hear him during speedway, but this is like this in the simify recs only or during the shows too?

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Is anyone else out there unhappy with the mixing on some of the tunes from Simfy?  I'm talking specifically about Speedway where Mike's whistle is far too loud and drowns out everything else.  Also Richard's guitar seems to have gone AWOL.  WAM is another and again it's the whistle that's overbearing, drowning out every other instrument.  Is it Mike who mixes these or what!

meee in every recording its the same poor ritchar i CANT hear him during speedway, but this is like this in the simify recs only or during the shows too?

Definitively NO, front row you can hear him play LOUD on his Les Paul
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
Is anyone else out there unhappy with the mixing on some of the tunes from Simfy?  I'm talking specifically about Speedway where Mike's whistle is far too loud and drowns out everything else.  Also Richard's guitar seems to have gone AWOL.  WAM is another and again it's the whistle that's overbearing, drowning out every other instrument.  Is it Mike who mixes these or what!

Anywhere in the hall you can hear Richard hammer those power chords and on the audience recordings too  ;D
This baker's boy from the West Country

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
I wonder why they didnt tell us this before the tour - it would have stopped a lot of 'pro' recording equipment getting through.

Also - anyone know about the earlier shows i.e. Newcastle etc. Are they likely to be released?

Simon, unfortunately it doesn't appear that they will, see this post from jbaent

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=1346.msg24345#msg24345
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
They also told me that in the near future the rest of the shows after Budapest will appear as pre-order, but there is nothing yet  :o
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

Anywhere in the hall you can hear Richard hammer those power chords and on the audience recordings too  ;D

But excepted on the Simfy pro record  :(

Maybe we could petionize asking for more Richard in the mix  ;)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
I wonder why they didnt tell us this before the tour - it would have stopped a lot of 'pro' recording equipment getting through.

Also - anyone know about the earlier shows i.e. Newcastle etc. Are they likely to be released?

Simon, unfortunately it doesn't appear that they will, see this post from jbaent

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=1346.msg24345#msg24345

Shame :-(

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
German recordings are better mixed...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
According to www.markknopfler.com:
All Mark's European shows are being recorded by Music Networx and are available for purchase either on a USB stick or download.
What about UK gigs? The first RAH date only is available!!
UK is part of European leg IMHO.
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
We don't like to be associated with mainland Europe, we are an island here in Great Britain. ;)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
all UK sohws will be released, they are mixing the earlier ones now. RAH demands 5000 pounds fee per night for the remaining RAH shows. so that is still under discussion.
they will also record all the shows, until the end of the tour, coz earlier it was mentioned they would only remain onboard until the end of june.
and a little birdie mentioned there will be at least one show that will be filmed, in switzerland, all i can say is "...smoooooke on the waaaaaater.....a fire in the skyeee"
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejimbobaby

• Local Hero
all UK sohws will be released, they are mixing the earlier ones now. RAH demands 5000 pounds fee per night for the remaining RAH shows. so that is still under discussion.
they will also record all the shows, until the end of the tour, coz earlier it was mentioned they would only remain onboard until the end of june.
and a little birdie mentioned there will be at least one show that will be filmed, in switzerland, all i can say is "...smoooooke on the waaaaaater.....a fire in the skyeee"

Good news Pottel!  Maybe I'll get to see a show after all.................. :lol :-X

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Pottel - may I ask what your source is for these terrific breaking news ? or at least, if you consider this source 100% reliable ?
Thanks

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
One more question, I think GF said on his forum that previous tour recordings were not te be issued.
Nonetheless, it would be very easy for them:
1/To re-release the 2005 digital downloads, now that Passalong went bust and that they are nowhere to be found officially,
2/To release the 2008 concerts that GF said were recorded,
3/Let's dream, to release the video of "An evening with MK" (Hurlingham 2009) which is very sweet, even if not a full live concert, and is only available on "Pay per view" on I-concerts or some telecom operators services...

What do you guys think ?

Hurlingham was broadcast on TV and is available in DVD quality on the tracker, so I don't need an official release of that.

But 2005 in 320kbps quality would be good, and any soundboard from 2008 would be nice too.

My memory is hazy, wasn't Secondary Waltz played at Newcastle in 2008 as well? They definitley soundchecked it, I heard it as I was waiting to go into the Meet and Greet. :)

Yes, I've no interest in a release of the Hurlingham gig either and as the 2008 shows were almost the same as the current ones but less well played then I've no interest in their release either.  Secondary Waltz was played in Newcastle and Edinburgh.  I'm pretty sure it was played one of the nights at the RAH too when Joe Brown wasn't there.  Does anyone remember for sure?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Pottel - may I ask what your source is for these terrific breaking news ? or at least, if you consider this source 100% reliable ?
Thanks
based on many assumptions and some little birdie.
(montreux is ALWAYS taped and filmed by the festival owner)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 35 queries.