Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Live recordings to be made available via Simfy! Official from Paul Crockford  (Read 158742 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
these are the band's recordings people, let's not forget!!!

Pottel,  That is what I meant - these recordings may sound a bit different to the other Simfy recordings.  Not worse or better, just different!    :)

what do you mean?

Just different!   I like it!   :) 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:10:49 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

Yeah Pottel, what do you mean?  ???
Underlined and bold, did I mention something wrong? You sureley agree that all those Simfy recordings are mixed slightly different as a matter of fact?

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
lol, no, just that these were not the simfy recs. but the ones handed over to them by the band, and therefore interesting to hear that you all find them to sound "different"
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
and they had far more time for these, to be "produced"...

Love Expresso

Well, I am able to compare the Simfy recordings from Hamburg, London and Luxembourg with the "new" one from Glasgow, and so I am right so say that
Glasgow sounds different...  ;D And better I would say. Who did the mix on these then? The FOH man, forgot his name?

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
and they had far more time for these, to be "produced"...

I think it shows!   :)   The sound is very clear,  all the instruments can be heard - MK's voice feels very close.  I think they did a good job!   :)  
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Who did the mix on these then? The FOH man, forgot his name?

LE

Dave Dixon.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Because they sound different I would not say that both Glasgow or Newcastle sound better than those recorded by Simfy. Actualy when listening to HFB the bass line sound lower in the mix whereas on that song it is an important part to my ears. And unfortunately Richard's  Les Paul "deafening power chords" are still buried in the mix during SAN but generally speaking I found that Mark's guitars sound stronger than on the Simfy. So unless I can make my own subjective mix from the multi-channel source I will be a sort of a never fully satisfied listener on that matter.

So I hope to be able to win someday a "do your own mix at BG studio" competition prize ;)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Rollergirl

lol, no, just that these were not the simfy recs. but the ones handed over to them by the band, and therefore interesting to hear that you all find them to sound "different"

aaaah I didn't know that

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I knew TR was amazing when I was at the concert and now I know I was not wrong!   Fantastic!   ;D   

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
The mix on TR at Newcastle really highlights Mike McGoldricks flute playing during the guitar solo (MM actually plays alongside Mk during the solo)  - I had not heard it at the concert - not sure though whether it should be there or not as it occasionally overpowers MKs guitar and does not add anything to the song.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Simon,   Are you sure you mean TR, because on all the clips I have seen, Mike is playing a stringed instrument, which could be a cittern and there is no flute on my recording.   Did you mean Speedway, perhaps?   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
Superval - I bow to your superior knowledge on this matter  ;)- yes I did mean Speedway. Sorry for the confusion.

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
A quick question re the Simfy downloads. Does anyone know if they are encoded in any way?

I ask this because i was able to convert them to wav files and burn to CD and i could also play the MP3s through my PC.

However when I put the MP3s onto an SD card and tried playing them through the car stereo it would not recognise the files. I tried various bitrates from 320 down to 128 and the result was the same.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
i know what you mean simon, i found it odd to hear a flute in that song, during those passages, not that it sounded bad, it was just to hear there.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 43 queries.