Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: AMIT first impressions  (Read 10446 times)

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Re: AMIT first impressions
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 08:43:05 PM »
My head's spinning:) Thank you for your first impressions.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2024, 08:44:58 PM »
oh my god, it's painful to read all this and not be able to listen to the songs. i ordered the box from my local shop but i'm in a country a bit far away. not so so far away:)

thank you very much to all those who shared these impressions. you are now a minority of the few who came out of the premiere and saw the movie.

Well, record stores sometimes forget about release dates obviously… Remember buying BLT single on the day of release and the person behind the counter asked me if I wanted the album too. :P

OfflineSolid Rock

• Camerado
  • Get lucky, down the road wherver.
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2024, 09:15:41 PM »
One Deep River is the Real Deal! One of the best songs of latest albums in my opinion. - it’s almost o gospel song! And recognition from 'my claime to flame - railroad worksong' with a beautiful deep clean voice! Tomorrow I will write an extensive review! Now just listen to everything quietly.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 09:25:19 PM by Solid Rock »

OfflineTommyJ88

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2024, 09:23:59 PM »
So cool to read all these positive opinions. I don’t usually get jealous, but wow!

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2024, 09:38:39 PM »
I'm just finished listening to the full album + bonus tracks.

A clear improvement on DTRW, an album which I've never managed to get into and is probably Mark's worst.
I loved Greg Leisz's playing throughout the album, it fits Mark's style so well. I hope he features on future albums.
Standout tracks for me are Janine, Tunnel 13, Watch Me Gone and One Deep River.

For the first time in Mark's solo career, I think they made a good decision with the bonus tracks. They're not bad songs, but I also wouldn't feature them in the main album. Along a Foreign Coast is A Night In Summer Long Ago and Nothing But Rain is Fade to Black.

If you liked Tracker, you'll like this album too. It won't make you dance or bang your head, but it'll always be there for you, an easy listen, like a good friend. It will make a great travel companion for my long-haul flights.

Now we still have The Boy to look forward to. Let it come!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2024, 09:51:14 PM »
Yes, the living end is nice! Rest is softer, more acoustic.. nothing but rain has a nice slow end solo as well.

Agree with you about the bonus songs.  The Living End needs to be on the album to give it much needed pace and energy I think as it does lag a bit.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineRolo

• Camerado
  • i tend to be, sometimes, acid
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2024, 10:06:45 PM »
I'm very happy with the album.
In my opinion, Mark lands on his own territory.
There is no jazzy tunes, and as myself a jazz lover, i thank MK for give up on his jazzy songs like was many on DTRW.

I feel the album very grounded on 'Americana'.
For us, as said above, it's Mark's proper territory.

To my taste, the album starts great.
Two Pair Of Hands is one of recent MK songs that i like the most.
Of course, Ahead Of The Game, Smart Money and Scavengers Yard brings a sequence as long time i've no seen. Based on Knopfler recent work, they are killer songs.

Tunnel 13 and Janine are both great. Special mention to Tunnel 13 harmony. Very tasteful. If Tunnel had a solo at the end... would be perfect.

I felt the orquestra on Black Tie Jobs a bit strange. In my opinion could be better without it.

When the album hits to Watch Me Gone, in my opinion, the album starts to decay. The remain songs are good, but, to my taste, both sounded disconnected from the first 7 songs.

In few words, it's a very good album.
There are moments that i feel like this album is a Golden Heart extension. Other moments its like a mix between STP and SL. 

The Bonus Tracks are what they are. Bonus!
Nothing fancy. Just bonus.

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2024, 08:10:23 AM »
Yes, the living end is nice! Rest is softer, more acoustic.. nothing but rain has a nice slow end solo as well.

Agree with you about the bonus songs.  The Living End needs to be on the album to give it much needed pace and energy I think as it does lag a bit.

Sometimes I wonder if Mark makes his albums lag or drag on purpose to test his fans. A bit like the Carpenter from Nazareth: "And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?"

;D

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2024, 08:37:06 AM »
I like it very much in general, despite most of them sounds so similar to previous existing songs.

My favorite is right now Scavengers Yard but I'm sure that others would gain positions with more listenings.

I would say that the record in general, it sounds for me like those country songs in Golden Heart.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2024, 09:03:12 AM »
My mouth is watering reading all the reviews of the new album, but I must contain myself and, hopefully, my copy will arrive on Friday!  Can hardly wait!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2024, 09:05:46 AM »
I like it very much in general, despite most of them sounds so similar to previous existing songs.

My favorite is right now Scavengers Yard but I'm sure that others would gain positions with more listenings.

I would say that the record in general, it sounds for me like those country songs in Golden Heart.

I agree, Scavenger’s Yard is cool.
I haven’t heard all the songs yet. Very slow album with a few faster ones.
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2024, 09:17:08 AM »

I agree, Scavenger’s Yard is cool.
I haven’t heard all the songs yet. Very slow album with a few faster ones.

"Faster ones" meaning songs like Two Pairs of Hands and Ahead of the Game?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2024, 09:30:06 AM »
I have to say that it's a very short record in my opinion, while working, I listened to it a couple of times already, and my impression when I started to listen to "This ones no going to end well" is, wow, I'm almost at the end of the record already!

Maybe it's that it flows so well that it makes it a fast experience, or maybe is really short. However, I would had included at least two of the bonus tracks in the standard edition, "LIving end" and "nothng but rain", two of my favourites from the whole thing, despite "Living end" songs so similar to "Back on the dance floor" with that UA UA UA chorus too!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2024, 10:05:49 AM »
I have to say that it's a very short record in my opinion, while working, I listened to it a couple of times already, and my impression when I started to listen to "This ones no going to end well" is, wow, I'm almost at the end of the record already!

Maybe it's that it flows so well that it makes it a fast experience, or maybe is really short. However, I would had included at least two of the bonus tracks in the standard edition, "LIving end" and "nothng but rain", two of my favourites from the whole thing, despite "Living end" songs so similar to "Back on the dance floor" with that UA UA UA chorus too!

I think you are probably just used to Mark's albums being really long.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2024, 10:41:52 AM »
I strongly recomment to just stop thinking in categories like "fast" or "slow". It is much more rewarding to listen to the songs without expecting rockers, killers or stompers. Just enjoy the sheer beauty of these new wonderful songs.

LE
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 10:44:46 AM by Love Expresso »
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 35 queries.