Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Recordings from this tour  (Read 156077 times)

Offlinedannyjun

• Camerado
Re: Recordings from this tour
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
Sorry, but this is nonsence. Really.

I have to quote myself:

The tracker is very little community for hard-die fans, it would not effect sales of those official recordings, and don

Love Expresso

« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2010, 11:54:37 AM »
To be honest I can't understand the sound of this and other threads about audience recordings in the last days. We have now phantastic and complete
live recordings from this tour, more than enough to choose from, and there is a good chance for the people from now on to buy "their" very own visited show. So why is anybody around angry about not being able to download crappy audience recordings? Of course an audience recording from the self same night is forbidden. I did not expect anything else! Are we such a bunch of greedy folks around here that there is never enough for us to get? OK, a bluray or DVD of this tour would have been nice, but this amount of live recordings is much better and better done than the passalong thing back in 2005, so we shouldn't cry about lost audience recordings!

Just my opinion!

LE

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »
I do agree with you LE however I can understand the point of view from others too. People collect all shows. But as you have read all, in the future it's probably allowed to upload the recordings of those nights. Just for now, when it's on sale it's not allowed. That's what I understood from it.

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »
To be honest I can't understand the sound of this and other threads about audience recordings in the last days. We have now phantastic and complete
live recordings from this tour, more than enough to choose from, and there is a good chance for the people from now on to buy "their" very own visited show. So why is anybody around angry about not being able to download crappy audience recordings? Of course an audience recording from the self same night is forbidden. I did not expect anything else! Are we such a bunch of greedy folks around here that there is never enough for us to get? OK, a bluray or DVD of this tour would have been nice, but this amount of live recordings is much better and better done than the passalong thing back in 2005, so we shouldn't cry about lost audience recordings!

Just my opinion!

LE

Thank you so much LE, my thoughts exactly! Maybe the reason for all this greediness is that some fans now can't show off anymore with their oh-so-brillliant self made recordings? I guess you have to stick to the rules now, oh no!  ;D Now all we need is someone who takes official pictures at concerts and the whole "can I bring my camera in/Finger-of death" thing would become redundant too. Apocalypse for some people, relief for others. Taking pictures distracts you from enjoying the show - I certainly was distracted. And even though I managed to take some really good ones, I couldn't even remember if MK played STP because I was busy with my camera...
So, to cut a long story short, I'm glad they take the "burden" from us and release all those live concerts in brilliant quality. And I'm now waiting for an official photographer. I'd volunteer btw  ;D

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2010, 12:18:18 PM »

Just my opinion!

LE

I certainly won't be downloading any audience recordings now that we have soundboards (except maybe US shows, which were different), but I believe in freedom of choice and that those who want to download audience recordings should be able to do so. There is no way that somebody will fail to buy an official show because they already have an audience recording, no way.

So why ban it?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2010, 12:29:22 PM »
Starting to feel sorry that I mentioned this now (but then if not me, some-one else would have  :)).

The thing is, audience recordings have not (yet) been outlawed by the management. It's just that KnopferTK have decided not to put them on their tracker while the Simfy recordings are being sold. There are plenty of other torrent sites that people can use if they want to share the recordings they have made, so it's not that people can not download audience recordings (crappy or not - and some really are very good), it's just that they wont be able to get them from the Spanish Tracker for now.
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2010, 12:31:25 PM »
I think they ban it to prevent us from not longer being allowed to record. You remember 2008 when the finger of death appeared. Maybe it was not only that MK wasn't happy with it. Last years a couple of fanmade-DVD's appeared in official shops as if it was an official release. So if they now don't allow to upload/download recordings MK and management feels sure that sales are not affected by unofficial recordings.
And when we have them later it's fine by me as well. I bought the London one already and I am sure I will buy a couple more from coming dates. But I wait till after the shows, I will not pre-order them, because some setlistchanges will influence the decision of what show I will buy.

And it's also a kind of wanna have it  ;D
I am very happy with these official recordings and as soon as it's allowed I will download the fanmade recordings as well, just to complete the collection. I hardly listen to them, at least not all of them.

Love Expresso

« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »
I bought the London one already and I am sure I will buy a couple more from coming dates. But I wait till after the shows, I will not pre-order them, because some setlistchanges will influence the decision of what show I will buy.

Hey, Ingrid, this sentence is completely fitting with my opinion/planing! Funny!

LE

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »
The Prague show is on presale and that means there's 99.99 % chance of a release.
The remaining 0.01% is bad luck.
Better have your own recording, just in case.  ;)
The most important thing is that you enjoy the show  ;D

The knopflerTK's decision is very smart (yes it is !) and logical.
It's the only option to avoid any copyright consequence - even if for the real fans it makes no difference (we will buy anyway).
I like the video/audio paradox though. It adds some spice.  ;)

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »
Listening to the official Border Reiver recording from the first London show makes me want to never listen to an audience recording again. Those little nuances... The clarity of the guitar riffs... Outstanding.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2010, 12:53:41 PM »
It's the only option to avoid any copyright consequence - even if for the real fans it makes no difference (we will buy anyway).

It is not smart, or logical.

There is no copyright consequence of uploading audience recordings. They are not the same recordings. There would only be breach of copyright if the official recording was being made available for download.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2010, 01:01:47 PM »

Just my opinion!

LE

That's fine if "your" concert is recorded, but my four are not available, so an audience recording is the only option at the moment
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2010, 02:05:46 PM »

There is no copyright consequence of uploading audience recordings. They are not the same recordings. There would only be breach of copyright if the official recording was being made available for download.
In theory, there is no consequence. The problem is that our world if full of sharks and stupid people.
If ever the Simfy sales were disappointing, I'm pretty sure the majors would blame the tracker.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »

I have too fully agree with you on this one, Dustyvalentino; even though I could also agree that being legally and morally right does not necessarily means that you won't run into troubles, in this sad world.
Well, your Honor, the defense would like to call a witness - and not your average witness:
"I am against this lawsuit. It was said TV would be the end of cinema, it was said tapes would kill records and CD burners would kill CD's, but that's not true. Technology will always progress. The only real danger comes from countries which practise industrial piracy. I've always encouraged the recordings of my concerts. From the stage I had fun seeing all those little red lights of recorders and these microphones hold by fans. That's no danger and even quite cool. Fans who buy bootlegs already own all the official albums anyway. They do us no harm and I find these raids against bootlegs shops ridiculous." Mark Knopfler on the Napster lawsuit, Interview by Sacha Reins, Le Point, France, 22th September 2000

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2010, 02:32:56 AM »
I like the video/audio paradox though. It adds some spice.  ;)

exactly, i do not see the point of making fan made recordings available besides the official ones. i mean, the people that are in danger of not buying the official ones because a fan one would exist, are not the people that would find their way to the spanish city tracker, so the ones that do make it there are the ones that already buy all the official stuff anyways.

i will keep on recording, and yes, clearly an audience rec. is not the same as an official one.
but with a decently made audience one, i enjoy the "live feeling more"
also, where does it say Spanish city will not allow? i only read they were debating it?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 43 queries.