Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: FB rumour about MK family - topic closed now  (Read 23082 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: When did MK's mom die, if she did
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2018, 11:56:44 PM »
500 from Chris White
Legacy/legends must be doing well

Albeit public this is a very private thing to do and we don't know motivation and relationship.
I would personaly avoid any sort of comment regarding that.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
500 from Chris White
Legacy/legends must be doing well

Albeit public this is a very private thing to do and we don't know motivation and relationship.
I would personaly avoid any sort of comment regarding that.

100% agree
it's a little bit my fault that this subjet came here
When I brought this info here, I hesitated a lot, but it was more because I didn't know if all forumers were aware of this, regarding the discussion about Mark's mom

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2018, 10:52:33 AM »
Private, but public. Hot, but cold. Far, but close. Short, but long. Quiet, but loud. Yeah...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2018, 10:05:08 PM »
Private, but public. Hot, but cold. Far, but close. Short, but long. Quiet, but loud. Yeah...

:hmm
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2018, 10:21:28 PM »

:hmm

People say this topic is private, yet it's a crowdfunding project with big names donating big money even without trying to hide their names.
As long as there's no Sonny's or Mark's representative telling us not to discuss this, I don't think it's morally incorrect. And jokes are jokes...

Love Expresso

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2018, 08:38:30 AM »
I am unhappy with this thread because the title of the thread is pretty poorly worded so to say. The original question about Mark's Mum being dead or not is somewhat impious. The story of Jack's daughter is coincidentally as sad and of course if someone decides to do a crowdfunding he agrees in giving up great parts of privacy. And while Mark is a person of public interest, I am not so sure if his Mum also is. This is in our rules, by the way.

Ingrid, when did YOUR Mum die, if she did? How does that feel?

LE

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2018, 10:24:08 AM »
I am unhappy with this thread because the title of the thread is pretty poorly worded so to say. The original question about Mark's Mum being dead or not is somewhat impious. The story of Jack's daughter is coincidentally as sad and of course if someone decides to do a crowdfunding he agrees in giving up great parts of privacy. And while Mark is a person of public interest, I am not so sure if his Mum also is. This is in our rules, by the way.

LE

Thank you LE for saying so.
I am more than uneasy with this thread as well. It for sure crosses the line.
And thanks also for stating your opinion on the 50+show-statement about Germany last week.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2018, 10:54:00 AM »

LE

And thanks also for stating your opinion on the 50+show-statement about Germany last week.

I guess some people are just more sensitive than others. That's okay... Me personally, I don't care, anyone can talk about whatever he wants.

And 50+ German shows wasn't just a joke, if remember correctly there was times with more than 12 shows in Germany and it's really more like a little tour, they even did their own merchandise for this "leg" of it. Not to offend anybody, just the fact that Europe has this amazing number of countries and here's one with more than 10 shows for some reason. By the way, for 2019 it's pretty much fair this time with maybe an abundance of "leisure-friendly" countries, let's say (9 Germany, 7 France, 7 Italy, 6 Spain shows). Not to offend anybody, again.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2018, 11:21:35 AM »
Death is something that belongs to life. It is not disrespectful to talk about it.
It's always sad to lose a beloved one.

But the question I asked originally is exactly that:
On Facebook the discussion was going about it. Did she die or not. And if so, when, because most people didn't  hear about it on FB.
And easy as that, I thought AMIT-ers know most of the things much better, I just ask.

And no LE I don't mind you asking it. My mum is alive and pretty healthy. So I am lucky to still have her around.
But when she passes away, there's no reason not to talk about it. She will be remembered with lots of love

Love Expresso

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »
Ingrid, I know that you know me and I was sure that you wouldn't get it wrong. Greetings! The question to you was just meant as an example. All the best

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2018, 04:02:02 PM »

LE

I guess some people are just more sensitive than others. That's okay... Me personally, I don't care, anyone can talk about whatever he wants.

And 50+ German shows wasn't just a joke, if remember correctly there was times with more than 12 shows in Germany and it's really more like a little tour, they even did their own merchandise for this "leg" of it. Not to offend anybody, just the fact that Europe has this amazing number of countries and here's one with more than 10 shows for some reason. By the way, for 2019 it's pretty much fair this time with maybe an abundance of "leisure-friendly" countries, let's say (9 Germany, 7 France, 7 Italy, 6 Spain shows). Not to offend anybody, again.
not german, but i do realise it simply IS the biggest country in Europe, really only a numbers game.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2018, 06:29:46 PM »

not german, but i do realise it simply IS the biggest country in Europe, really only a numbers game.
[/quote]

Turkey aren't getting their quota.  ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2018, 06:30:41 PM »

[/quote]not german, but i do realise it simply IS the biggest country in Europe, really only a numbers game.
[/quote]

Turkey aren't getting their quota!  ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2018, 06:56:29 PM »
Plus it's most central with the most neighbouring countries. Simply a question of logistics and fascilities.

LE

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2018, 09:00:03 PM »

[/quote]

Turkey aren't getting their quota!  ;D
[/quote]

And Bulgaria, Greece, Romania... Here in İstanbul he gave a 2 conserts 2008 and 2013 to 30000 people. Not a bad number ha ???

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 40 queries.