Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: THE STRAITS and ME !!!  (Read 8040 times)

Offlinemkfred

• Guitar George
THE STRAITS and ME !!!
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »
i was lucky to play Sultans of swing with alan clark , chris white, terence reis..

Orange antic theater !! June 2013

:)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: THE STRAITS and ME !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:58:15 PM »
gotta say i prefer your playing to that of terence.
like the tone of your guitar.nice achievement
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:26:51 PM »
Nice! Would you like to share a story behind this with us?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:12:25 PM »
I feel the same as Pottel, I much prefer your playing to Terence too!   Do you have a band of your own, and write your own songs?   BTW You reminded me very much of a younger EC - in mannerisms that is!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinemkfred

• Guitar George
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 08:06:39 PM »

I have a friend who has programed the straits in Orange, so i could approach them. then i met Alan clark and i said to him that i was a fan of DS and i show a vid of me playing  .he loved it
Then i said that my dream is to play a song with them, and he said " yes , choose one and we'll do it "

And then the dream came true !!! :)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 08:13:52 PM »

I have a friend who has programed the straits in Orange, so i could approach them. then i met Alan clark and i said to him that i was a fan of DS and i show a vid of me playing  .he loved it
Then i said that my dream is to play a song with them, and he said " yes , choose one and we'll do it "

And then the dream came true !!! :)

As you say that you're a DS fan, shouldn't your dream be to play with MK, not The Straits?   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinemkfred

• Guitar George
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:52 PM »
I feel the same as Pottel, I much prefer your playing to Terence too!   Do you have a band of your own, and write your own songs?   BTW You reminded me very much of a younger EC - in mannerisms that is!   ;D

thanks to all !!! :)

and lol for EC !! i've no band, i play MK , DS and other in many bars, you can see me on Facebook : mk fred musique , or youtube : fredknopfler

;)
 :D :D

Offlinemkfred

• Guitar George
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 08:21:38 PM »

As you say that you're a DS fan, shouldn't your dream be to play with MK, not The Straits?
[/quote]

Yes it is but one month later i've met MK in Nimes .

I showed him my vid with his old friends and he said to me in french : " je m'en fous " !!!! i was disappointed
i've talk with a member of french fan club and he said to me that MK is very inaccessible now!! so i'm proud to have played in a marvelous place with chris white answering me like wembley or other scenes !! it was a dream for me too ! :)

Alan and Terence are very good persons and i have regular contact with us on fb .

foma

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
He said that? Oh my gosh, I love MK two times more now.

This was the Sultans? I wonder if any of tribute-bands know some other songs from MK's repertoire? Where are 250 songs and we really need another version of SoS? Sorry, but I can understand Mark in this situation, I can't even dare to start to listen this.

Offlinemkfred

• Guitar George
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »
He said that? Oh my gosh, I love MK two times more now.

This was the Sultans? I wonder if any of tribute-bands know some other songs from MK's repertoire? Where are 250 songs and we really need another version of SoS? Sorry, but I can understand Mark in this situation, I can't even dare to start to listen this.

I understand what you say, and maybe MK has reasons to dislike the straits but i'm not a member, just a guitarist who was proud to play with ex DS musicians

i have a questions for the guitarists or other musicians, would you be happy to play a song with some ex musicians of DS ?? i think the answer is " yes" , juste because it is a great pleasure !! all the other subjects are business ...

For me, i was just so happy to play MK's solo with Chris and alan, in my head it was a child dream where i was on MK'S place ( like heavy fuel clip !!! ) :) ;)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 09:54:28 PM »
i like mark's reaction towards the straits, even though it as really cool of alan to do this. but it is simply not a nice reaction towards a proud fan.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinemkfred

• Guitar George
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 09:56:59 PM »
i agree with you Pottel ! :)

LoveExpresso

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 08:14:40 AM »
Fred, everone clearly sees your enthusiasm at these videos and it is really a great story from you! Thanks for telling us! Maybe after some time, you might understand MK's decision... When did you meet him in Nimes? This reaction sounds more like the 2010 tour where he had some serious trouble meeting fans obviously... in 2013, he seemed more relaxed, at least to me..

LE

Offlinemkfred

• Guitar George
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 08:24:13 AM »
Fred, everone clearly sees your enthusiasm at these videos and it is really a great story from you! Thanks for telling us! Maybe after some time, you might understand MK's decision... When did you meet him in Nimes? This reaction sounds more like the 2010 tour where he had some serious trouble meeting fans obviously... in 2013, he seemed more relaxed, at least to me..

LE

Thkx for your post, i'll always like MK and he's my reasons to play guitar !  I met him in July 2013. He staid in his car to sign guitars's fans and answered me when i showed the vid.

i dont critic him, i love what he does and what he is,  i just say that chris white , alan clark and terence are very nice persons

:)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 11:47:36 AM »
That was very nice from Alan and Chris, really nice.

About MK reaction, its clearly about his indiference about TheStraits thing, not about you playing with them, he probably didnt get it, or if he did, his consideration about them was bigger than congratulate you for playing with them.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 39 queries.