Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Get Lucky tour blog  (Read 7010 times)

Offlineisaac_s

• Guitar George
    • My website
Get Lucky tour blog
« on: March 29, 2010, 08:31:34 AM »
Hello everyone,

Not sure I ever written here before... a short introduction: My name is Isaac, I live in Ontario, Canada. My name has been mentioned in this forum a few times, referring to the "Kill to Get Crimson" blog I wrote while following the North American leg of the "Kill to Get Crimson" tour in the summer of 2008.

So... nice to meet you all.

I am writing this post to invite you to follow the upcoming blog I intend to write, documenting my journey following Mark Knopfler's "Get Lucky" tour - in its entirety this time. My good friend Jeroen Gerrits will be joining me for the North American leg, as well as to the London & Amsterdam shows.

The blog's address is:

http://gl.isaac.shabtay.com

For RSS, use the following links:

This is going to be one hectic trip, especially in Europe where I intend to get by with using public transportation only. English is the only language I speak (which isn't even my mother tongue), which may make it tricky to get along anywhere in Europe other than the UK. The North American leg is planned in its entirety, which was a no-brainer mainly because I will have a car.

If you have any tips, for example regarding transportation, accommodation etc, or have a bed to spare for a night somewhere along the tour's course, drop me an e-mail and any help would be greatly appreciated. I will also be more than happy to share accommodation expenses with readers that may travel outside their home cities to watch certain shows.

So... feel free to browse the blog, or subscribe by RSS. There's already one post there, and I will start regular writing coming April 8, when the tour starts. Comments are greatly appreciated - positive, negative, feel free to express your opinion.

Enjoy the shows, and perhaps we'll meet somewhere along the way!

Yours,

Isaac

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Get Lucky tour blog
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:37:43 AM »
welcome on here isaac.
it will be cool to finally meet you. in the flesh.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Rollergirl

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:04:43 AM »
Hi Isaac, Nice to "see" you here! You are small legend around here!   ;)

I am looking forward to reading your blog everyday, the perfect complement to Guy's. Thanks to you two, we can follow the tour from both sides of the fence!

Good luck in your travels. You'll be alright with just English in Scandinavia and Holland. Might be a bit more difficult elsewhere. I hope to be able to meet you at one of the 2 shows I am attending!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:14:01 AM »
Welcome, Isaac, to the forum.   I look forward to meeting you in Dublin and also some of the UK concerts.   Enjoy the tour!   :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »
Great to see you here Isaac, hope to meet you in London and Amsterdam. Will follow your blog. Thanks.
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »
Welcome Isaac. Really enjoyed your blog last time.

Hopefully I'll get teh cahnce to meet you in Glasgow. :)

You should be fine in Europe, everybody speaks English except the French who continue to delude themselves about the importance of their language. ;)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »
Hi Isaac.
COOL. The tour in it's entirety!!! (In my dreams) ;D

Have a great time. I'll certainly be following your blog, and maybe say hello in London or Amsterdam. :)

Cheers    BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 03:47:15 PM »
You should be fine in Europe, everybody speaks English except the French who continue to delude themselves about the importance of their language. ;)
Very strange indeed. People speak french in France. I can't believe it !  :disbelief
Fortunately there's only 3 shows. Not enough to realize that people don't speak english. ;)

Anyway, welcome Isaac !  :)
In France, the real threat is not the language but strikes and cancellations. :-[

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
Welcome on board, I will follow you of course. I will do the 3 Amsterdamshows and 10 more in Europe. Pottel, BBB and Knopflerized will be at my house during dutch gigs. Feel free to join us. We will travel 3 days to Amsterdam and back (about 1 1/4 hour one way) with my car. Do you travel with sleepingbag? Because my made-up-beds are gone already but anyway we will manage something for you to sleep on/at/in if you want.

Have a save trip!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 06:46:14 PM by ingridswing »

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 05:38:08 PM »
Hi Isaac -- I followed your blog during the KTGC tour and I'm really looking forward to following it again.  Between Guy Fletcher's diary and your blog, it will be wonderful to share the experience of so many concerts.

I will look for you in Washington, DC (I have 4th row seats) and the Tower Theater in Pa (I have front row seats)!

What an amazing time you're going to have!

Be safe, Joan

It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 07:39:23 PM »
oh ingrid, did i mention i would love to get the room from last tour??  ;D ;D
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 08:10:01 PM »
The BIG one, all messed up with other stuff so you hardly could find a place to change the sofa into a bed  ;D  ;D  :P  :P ;)

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 08:37:41 PM »
Welcome Isaac! I spotted you in Newark at the NJ PAC in 2008 as I was two rows behind you, except at that time I didn't know about your blog. I thought you were a friend of the band or something because people kept coming over and saying hello to you. It all made sense about a week later. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading your blog again- good luck with your epic trip!  :)
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlineisaac_s

• Guitar George
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »
Hello all,
Thank you very much for the warm welcome, it is greatly appreciated!

Also, thanks to the people who volunteered to help, both in the forum and by private messages; I will respond by private messages shortly.

Looking forward to meet you at the venues. Had I known what the requirements are of photos to be successfully uploaded to the profile (system claims my picture is invalid; maybe it did a face-scan and concluded that I am ugly), I could have make myself easier to recognize - however there's a pretty clear image in the blog's profile (see the "About Me" section).

Isaac

P.S. dustyvalentino - yeah, they do it here in Quebec as well :-)

J/K

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
Hello Isacc,

you might not know, but you're certainly well known among MK fans. Me for one admire your courage and dedication.  And I thank you for taking us along your epic journey. I'm looking forward to reading your blog each and every single day.  All the best of LUCKS in this world.  I hope to meet up with you in Oakland, Santa Rosa and Temecula.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 40 queries.