Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #2: 2010-04-09 - Queen Elizabeth Theatre - Vancouver, Canada (Spoilers)  (Read 22813 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Setlist was: minus Prairie Wedding, plus Night in summer long ago, plus boneparte
And the screen apparently displays a very special camera..anyone mind when i tell y'all?

Tell me... Guitarcam you mean? I read that in Isaacs blog...
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
So a longer set then. Great! :D Due to no curfew rules in Canada? If so, we can hope for 2 hr 15 minutes sets in Europe.

Onlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
Bonaparte again! ;D Yeahhhhhhhhhh 8)

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
Can someone please post the setlist with all the songs in the right order as in the thread for the 1st concert ?

ANISLA isn't my favorite GH song, but still great he played it live again after 14 years !

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
A Night In Summer isn't one of my absolute favorites from the album, but was IMO one of the best on the GF tour. It would be nice to hear it again live.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Can someone please post the setlist with all the songs in the right order as in the thread for the 1st concert ?

ANISLA isn't my favorite GH song, but still great he played it live again after 14 years !

Not true... He played it in 2005 in Johannesburg I guess?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado

Not true... He played it in 2005 in Johannesburg I guess?

I've checked the Local Hero site and you seem to be correct indeed. Never noticed that before .. are there any recordings from that concert ?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Hmm...  I'd rather have PW than these two GH songs.  That's just my personal opinion though, but I think PW is a beautiful song and wasn't excited at all when I read about these two.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Most likely, there will be more changes to the setlist in the beginning of the tour, which has been the usual routine. But if he keepis changing it round, that means that there are more interesting bootlegs to look for and I'm sure it's fun for the band too. I prefer PW to Night in Summer but what the heck, with the new players I'm not surprised.

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
Whaauww in the thread of yesterday I already mentioned that playing A Night In Summer Long Ago would be wonderful and now they did! :P........The vision I get with this song!! ;D

Mark dressed like a Knight who ask me for a dance and want to ride with me on his horse upon a hill?  :P ......Asking "Why do you love me lady, why?  :o ...Ok, I will stop drooling now! ROFL ;D

Great song and I am glad that he played it, but a pity that Prairie Wedding wasn't played, because I like that one as well! Perhaps PW can be back instead of Bonaparte, I heard that one often enough!

I also hope to hear more news about this show very soon!

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Most likely, there will be more changes to the setlist in the beginning of the tour, which has been the usual routine. But if he keepis changing it round, that means that there are more interesting bootlegs to look for and I'm sure it's fun for the band too. I prefer PW to Night in Summer but what the heck, with the new players I'm not surprised.

Most likely the changes later on in the tour will include all three songs being dropped and going straight from Marbletown to RD. ::)

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
dmg, you are SO positive.... ;D
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
dmg, you are SO positive.... ;D

Pessimistic or realistic? :)  Just experience of past tours, alas.

To be more optimistic then  ;) I think I read in Isaac's blog that the songs were slightly more up tempo compared to the last tour which is a good thing.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club

Hello stefankock, maybe you'll find what you are looking for over there: http://mkblogg.mknorge.com/
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Pessimistic or realistic? :)  Just experience of past tours, alas.

To be more optimistic then  ;) I think I read in Isaac's blog that the songs were slightly more up tempo compared to the last tour which is a good thing.

Great! The tour needs to be more uptempo, this is what's been lacking the past years. I've felt that the songs aren't kicking into gear quite as they used to. Sitting down and playing is great, when you're playing say, Sonny Liston... otherwise, not.

I applaude this...

And btw, Bonaparte... I've always liked this. What I don't like anymore is that  you can mime the introduction with jokes.

"Yeah, they're all great."
"Guy's gonna play guitar."
"Glenn brings his enormous instrument to *city*"
"It's you and me Richard, the rest - good luck"
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 38 queries.