Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: About Get Lucky Limited Edition  (Read 154127 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: About Get Lucky Limited Edition
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »
About the prices, Guy answered me in his forum that for that price we should obtain someting more substantial, and I agree 100% with him, I don
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2009, 12:23:54 PM »
The one fact that lowers my expectations is the fact that it is only one bonus cd. If there were two, I knew it could be a complete live show, but one CD
contains probably not much more than the usual stuff - and the real gems from the last tour wouldn

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2009, 12:32:57 PM »
We already have professional recordings from the showcases, Berlin, Basel, London and very good bootlegs of the rest, also an SBD of Boothbay, so that would not be very exciting and definitely not worth the high price!  

I had hoped for a complete live recording of one of the KTGC concerts, but I expect it will be similar to the live recording (incomplete) of the RAH Golden Heart concert, which came with "Sultans of Swing - The Very Best of Dire Straits".  :-\   BTW The price is still on my copy and it cost
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:49:52 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »
Even the bonus cd contains the real highlights of the 2008 tour with Hill farmer blues and Marbletown, I

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2009, 02:04:03 PM »
I have a question.  Do you think MK News will offer a better price for the boxed set than Amazon?  I still can't believe the crazy price.  I am very reluctant to part with $175 for 2 cds & a dvd. :'(

It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »
Something seems very wrong, here, indeed.  2 vinyls, 1 cd, 1 promo dvd, 1 bonus cd--$75 at the most.    Mass printed little pieces of paper?   $0.
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2009, 07:48:46 PM »
I think it's morally wrong to offer something with an astronomic price like that, no matter what it contains (and judging by GF's last comments even he doesn't know yet!). I could spend the money but I need it for more important things! What's the purpose of those outrageous prices? The Gilmour in Gdansk 5 DVD/CD set was about 60 EUR IIRC which was okay for that content. Perhaps the MK people should take this as a guideline. Because you know what could happen if that 200 EUR deluxe thingie will contain something super special some people refuse to buy, like a rare live recording or something? Right, they will download it on the internet which is exactly what MK is trying to prevent... For the love of God, I wish MK's marketing people or whatever they're called would learn to organise things properly.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »
I would be very careful about using amazon.com or "the guy that designed the artwork" as a source for information about a new release. If you look on markknopfler.com, the official website, there is 0 information about a box set. I'm not saying it isn't happening, but as for contents or distribution, I wouldn't believe it until it comes from an official source.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »
I would be very careful about using amazon.com or "the guy that designed the artwork" as a source for information about a new release. If you look on markknopfler.com, the official website, there is 0 information about a box set. I'm not saying it isn't happening, but as for contents or distribution, I wouldn't believe it until it comes from an official source.

Well, Guy said this on his forum: "Update...The Special Edition will contain TWO Vinyl albums, Poker Chips, Craps Dice, Guitar Tab, Classic Gig Ticket, CD/DVD, Bonus CD.....apparently".
So, apparently  ;D, there is a box set... But I do think that there's a bit strange that they still are discussing the contains in this box when the price is already set to "astronomic"...
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2009, 10:04:05 PM »
Yes correct, Guy confirmed. But it sounds strange: TWO vinyl albumS  ??? As usual  each latest Mark's vinyl release (Shangri-La, All the roadrunning, Kill to Get Crimson, Brothers in Arms re-master 2006) is 2LPs (double disc) 180g vinyl ALBUM. So TWO vinyl albumS and 2LPs vinyl album is not the same  

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2009, 10:26:57 PM »
Yes correct, Guy confirmed. But it sounds strange: TWO vinyl albumS  ??? As usual  each latest Mark's vinyl release (Shangri-La, All the roadrunning, Kill to Get Crimson, Brothers in Arms re-master 2006) is 2LPs (double disc) 180g vinyl ALBUM. So TWO vinyl albumS and 2LPs vinyl album is not the same  

I thought the same... Guy did say: "TWO vinyl albums". To me that means to different albums, like "Get lucky" and "Get lucky II" or something like that. Or maybe LP number two is the same as the bonus-CD... I am very curious to see what all this actually is...
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2009, 01:09:41 AM »

I thought the same... Guy did say: "TWO vinyl albums". To me that means to different albums, like "Get lucky" and "Get lucky II" or something like that. Or maybe LP number two is the same as the bonus-CD... I am very curious to see what all this actually is...

Actually vynil records are edited in high resolution sound so they have to use two vynils, every MK record released in that format had two vynils, so I bet this tiem it will be exactly the same, the same record we

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2009, 05:16:19 AM »

Well, Guy said this on his forum: "Update...The Special Edition will contain TWO Vinyl albums, Poker Chips, Craps Dice, Guitar Tab, Classic Gig Ticket, CD/DVD, Bonus CD.....apparently".
So, apparently  ;D, there is a box set... But I do think that there's a bit strange that they still are discussing the contains in this box when the price is already set to "astronomic"...

Wow, so first Guitar Hero, and now an overpriced box set. I think we're going downhill, personally...
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2009, 08:22:57 AM »

Wow, so first Guitar Hero, and now an overpriced box set. I think we're going downhill, personally...

I'm sceptical too... BUT! Let's just wait until we know the contents of the box AND the actual price. No point speculating, we need the facts.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineGeordieboy

• Local Hero
  • Forever Mark
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2009, 04:03:39 PM »
....we need the facts.

You're right!
We have, at the moment, from Guy some "maybe... somethings like that.. possibly 2 cd...mperhaps..."
From other official sources, nothing (only from SD "Big Mouth").
Prices... a LOT! See below:

http://www.lafeltrinelli.it/products/0602527086750/Get_Lucky/Knopfler_Mark.html?prkw=knopfler&srch=0&Cerca.x=0&Cerc

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Lucky-Deluxe-Mark-Knopfler/dp/B002DPA55A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1248098442&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lucky-Deluxe-Boxset-Mark-Knopfler/dp/B002DPA55A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1248098558&sr=8-2

etcetera... Buyers: Get Lucky!

Ciao.
Sorry for bad english

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 37 queries.