Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: About Get Lucky Limited Edition  (Read 154170 times)

Rollergirl

Re: About Get Lucky Limited Edition
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2009, 12:04:49 PM »
Welcome back BBB! I think I will do like you say, buy just the digipack and then wait and hope to get the box later at a reasonable price!

OfflineIan Lewis

• Camerado
    • Ian Lewis Photography
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2009, 04:50:56 PM »
Why am I still tempted to pre-order the deluxe version?  ???

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2009, 04:57:42 PM »
BBB -  Hmm, are these box-sets really going to be worth a lot of money in the future?   If things go the way of your Bob Dylan scenario, probably not, therefore it's much more sensible to wait until it surfaces in the bargain basement!   That's what I intend to do!   I have ordered the digipack now anyway!   :-\  Hope you enjoyed your hols btw!   :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:59:43 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2009, 09:03:33 PM »
BBB -  Hmm, are these box-sets really going to be worth a lot of money in the future?   If things go the way of your Bob Dylan scenario, probably not, therefore it's much more sensible to wait until it surfaces in the bargain basement!   That's what I intend to do!   I have ordered the digipack now anyway!   :-\  Hope you enjoyed your hols btw!   :)

Bear in mind Val that if you order from Amazon you may not get it on release day, that's why I'll be buying in a shop. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2009, 09:20:45 PM »
I've already done it, dusty!   I'll have to keep my fingers crossed.  I hope it arrives quicker than with Markknopfler.com, because last time it was a week after the release date when it arrived, from Canada!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2009, 09:40:50 PM »
BBB -  Hmm, are these box-sets really going to be worth a lot of money in the future?   If things go the way of your Bob Dylan scenario, probably not, therefore it's much more sensible to wait until it surfaces in the bargain basement!   That's what I intend to do!   I have ordered the digipack now anyway!   :-\  Hope you enjoyed your hols btw!   :)

Bear in mind Val that if you order from Amazon you may not get it on release day, that's why I'll be buying in a shop. :)

I want to buy it in a shop directly on the release date too but not every store has every version available (certainly not the 135 EUR version, I'm sure, but I had trouble finding the digipack last time, too). And who knows, there might be a super secret concert voucher in the deluxe edition again :o

And in reply to Pottel: See, that is my point. A price of 155 EUR for an entire back catalogue of a musician is worth its content and worth buying if you haven't bought any album yet. But 135 EUR for some plastic stuff, vinyl and tab book is NOT worth it. The Gilmour boxset had a similar content (IIRC, it was five discs, a guitar pic and some postcards) and had a reasonable price. So why not MK's? And to be honest, Guy's attitude a la "You don't have to buy it" sounds more like pouting to me... I WANT to buy it but I can't, because the price is plain ridiculous. Guess I'm gonna wait until it's on the bargain basement, too.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:45:24 PM by goldenheart96 »

Love Expresso

« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2009, 09:58:42 PM »
I decided to wait until a few days before release date. Since we have a MediaMarkt in our little town, I am more relaxed - they always have everything at the first day... I am planning to ask them about the prices for all three formats. And I am sure the prices WILL sink till Sept. 14th. I am pretty sure the box set will at least be unter 100 Euros, so 98,- I would imagine realistically. But even then I have to think properly, because around that same time
the ticket presale will start and I have to make some fast decisions where to go and how many tickets I will buy - so Sept/Oct will be very expensive.

I good idea seems to me the plan of somebody here and maybe selling the vinyl stuff later on ebay or so... That however HAS a certain value - whereas the plastic crap will get a good laugh from non-MK-fans...

LovExpresso

P.S.:

I THINK IT IS REALLY TIME NOW FOR SOME SNIPPETS. Back in 2007 we had at first clip TLWNF on MKcom as mp3 on August 8th. (My diary never lies!) So this week it WILL happen, I am desperately sure! 

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2009, 11:27:56 PM »

I THINK IT IS REALLY TIME NOW FOR SOME SNIPPETS. Back in 2007 we had at first clip TLWNF on MKcom as mp3 on August 8th. (My diary never lies!) So this week it WILL happen, I am desperately sure! 

And we already had Secondary Waltz back in May at Hay. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2009, 02:56:06 AM »
BBB -  Hmm, are these box-sets really going to be worth a lot of money in the future?   If things go the way of your Bob Dylan scenario, probably not, therefore it's much more sensible to wait until it surfaces in the bargain basement!

Too true.

If MK inc. cared one iota for the `fans` then there`d be a nice box set of Alchemy DVDs for sale?
Obviously the artist does whatever pleases himself and, in a way, this makes Mark kinda unique in this material / digital age. Enjoy him while you can.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »
Fact is that MK does not care about anything other than pleasing himself, because he is in a very unique situation. He made a huge fortune with DS and when it went too big for him, he stopped it. Nowadays, he would not get a record deal anymore, but he can live from DS fame.
Great for him, bad for us as we all have to live with compromise, especially at work, but not MK. As Guy said it is 100% Mark's decision. The new album should be called 'Got lucky'.
But at least we've got GF who is IMHO too good for this world...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:13:41 AM by marky49 »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2009, 10:24:08 AM »
Oh, come on Martina, admit it, you know you love him really or you wouldn't travel around the world to see him so many times and still wait for his autograph!  ;)

As for not getting a record deal these days, maybe not, but neither would Clapton, Gilmour, et al !   In that case though, it doesn't say much about the taste of the record companies or the record buying public - it seems a sad state of affairs to me when there is so much rubbish around who do have record deals!   ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »
Oh, come on Martina, admit it, you know you love him really or you wouldn't travel around the world to see him so many times and still wait for his autograph!  ;)

As for not getting a record deal these days, maybe not, but neither would Clapton, Gilmour, et al !   In that case though, it doesn't say much about the taste of the record companies or the record buying public - it seems a sad state of affairs to me when there is so much rubbish around who do have record deals!   ::)

Sorry Val, you are wrong. I don't 'love' him, I like his music, I can very well distinguish here. True - I travel the world, we went to Japan to see EC, but we also played golf on Maui lately and I'll be in Abu Dhabi to see F1.
Don't take it personally, other musicians don't care as well...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
Martina, When I said "love" it was in the sense of "admire"!   ;)

Of course, I didn't take it personally - it was just an observation, that's all!   :)    :-*
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:14:04 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2009, 11:13:04 AM »
I kinda agree that Mark would find it hard to get a record contract now. Can't really see him impressing Simon Cowell on X Idol or Pop Factor, or whatever this years talent(less) show is called.

But I really enjoy the journey he has taken us on since he put DS in mothballs and long may he continue to record and perform the music he wants to make (even though I do not like all of it).

I get the feeling that Mark is quite an astute operator and would have retained the copyright to all of his back catalogue, so when he does decide to hang up his guitar, I think then will be the time we will see the nostalgia DVDs being released to feather his retirement fund.
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2009, 11:19:15 AM »
Martina, When I said "love" it was in the sense of "admire"!   ;)

Of course, I didn't take it personally - it was just an observation, that's all!   :)    :-*
Admitted, there are a lot of people I admire: Stephen Fry, Tiger Woods, Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton, Dominic Miller, Michael Schumacher (will be back in Valencia!)...
But, I've got the impression that YOU are secretly in 'love' with Mark. I got you! ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 43 queries.