Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: What do you think "Tracker" is about?  (Read 2448 times)

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
What do you think "Tracker" is about?
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:22:06 PM »
I think we may assume there is a track called Tracker on the forthcomming MK album. So lets all do a guess to what the song is related to. Has is something to do with the stockmarkets (financial crisis, investments)? Has it maybe have something to do with the story in the book "Tracker" by Gary Paulsen? Is it based on the story in the movie "Tracker" (2011) starring Ray Winstone. Does it have to do with music recording (module trackers)? Or maybe something totally different. Below there is a link that might give you some inspiration/ideas.  :hmm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracker

My guess is that the song is about the history of the native american Cherokee tribe.

So lets see who was the most close guessing what the song is about. To kill the time until Tracker is released.   :D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: What do you think "Tracker" is about?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »
Good thread GM.  I would think the book is most likely since a lot of his songs have been sourced that way in recent albums. 

The book has a few elements that he could relate to as well, for example: a farm and deer hunting (we all know his wildlife preservation patronage).  It also features someone dying from cancer so is a pretty sad story.  Sounds like a good book from the reviews.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »
it's probably from a book he has read, would rather his own idea though on the concept of a tracker, which can be taken on many different levels.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
Well I do not have any precise idea of what Tracker can be about although I think that it can be about a book or some event he has been moved recently or in the past??
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

foma

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »
This thread only begs a question for me

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 37 queries.