Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 119518 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel
« Reply #555 on: January 25, 2024, 05:59:01 PM »
I had the great pleasure to interview Bireli two years ago for his album "solo suites" :
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/culture/musique/jazz/bireli-lagrene-seul-avec-sa-guitare-sur-son-nouvel-album-solo-suites_5119942.html

and saw him live with JL Ponty and K Eastwood : https://www.francetvinfo.fr/culture/musique/jazz/le-trio-ponty-lagrene-eastwood-a-vienne-une-virtuosite-aerienne_3290599.html

an amazing musician, and a very nice person

Amazing stuff man! To be fair, he's a prodigy and has been playing guitar and studying jazz pretty much since he was born, so we mere mortals can't relate :lol

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #556 on: January 25, 2024, 06:01:47 PM »
oh and BTW, great work Pavel, as always  :thumbsup

what a bunch of tricky chords !  :o

Thank you! Since we mentioned Bireli, his comping on "Sunny" gives me the desire to burn all my guitars all at once, then I remember I only own just a couple of guitars and calm down :lol Certainly stuff like Tears is small potatoes compared to what these gentlemen can come up with... ONE THE SPOT :o

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #557 on: February 01, 2024, 10:54:27 AM »
I think I'll be slowly wrapping my activity on this forum and deleting all my messages, as the amount of scolding and inadequate replies I get just because I post often and just because my opinion usually goes against the grain exceeds any reasonable amounts. Some folks can open champagne bottles and launch their confetti — a lot of you, good for you (GFY).

It's not the "last post" message, just me wanting to share this information on my topic. I understand people who ignore social media and online discussions. And find it hilarious that I've been a constant source of burning butts and personal attacks for such a long time. Folks, I just play the guitar and say what I think, if you can't handle this, again, GFY.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #558 on: February 01, 2024, 11:04:31 AM »
I think I'll be slowly wrapping my activity on this forum and deleting all my messages, as the amount of scolding and inadequate replies I get just because I post often and just because my opinion usually goes against the grain exceeds any reasonable amounts. Some folks can open champagne bottles and launch their confetti — a lot of you, good for you (GFY).

It's not the "last post" message, just me wanting to share this information on my topic. I understand people who ignore social media and online discussions. And find it hilarious that I've been a constant source of burning butts and personal attacks for such a long time. Folks, I just play the guitar and say what I think, if you can't handle this, again, GFY.

No ones opening confetti P, just post your messages, after all this is a forum, if people agree or don’t agree
Oxford:
 a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate”

If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #559 on: February 01, 2024, 11:16:11 AM »
No ones opening confetti P, just post your messages, after all this is a forum, if people agree or don’t agree
Oxford:
 a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate”

Yeah, that's the idea of the forum, right? But turns out nobody's interested in detailed analysis, or digging for the truth, whatever it is. Usually, you post something and some guy says "You are 100% wrong" (nobody can be 100% wrong, even Hitler was a vegetarian), or goes personal on you if he lost all his arguments.

I feel bad for guys who post a nicely articulated, yet negative review or reply and in most cases just being ignored, or if it's somebody like me, who can defend their opinion, gets scolded. It's not an idea of a good peaceful discussion. It really does feel like you need two separate forums for sceptics and die-hard fans.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #560 on: February 01, 2024, 11:17:35 AM »

Just ignore those messages, your contributions are always welcomed and if you leave we are all losing. Please stay.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #561 on: February 01, 2024, 11:20:11 AM »

Anybody is free to do what they want but if you leave I'll be sorry to see you go.

The whole reason for setting up this unofficial forum was to allow full and free comment on MK, including criticsm.

I'll remind everyone of one of our fundamental rules here:

When we register to be a user/member of A.M.I.T. forum, we agree that we will not post any messages or topics that are threatening, hateful, obscene, vulgar, inflammatory, disrespectful or in violation of any laws/codes of conduct. In other words: - Be nice when you visit. Respect other user/ members, and all of the Administrators/moderators. Personal, attacks, Inflammatory-postings and stirring, will not be tolerated. Treat everyone here the way you expect to be treated yourself.

If anyone is subject to a personal attack please report to the mods and action will be taken as this is a clear breach of the rules that we all agree to when we sign up.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #562 on: February 01, 2024, 11:23:54 AM »
This I'm leaving event is getting really boring...

I think your ideas and videos are one of the most interesting parts of the forum. But you, who sometimes give unnecessarily positive praise to Mark, have recently started to criticize Mark unnecessarily negatively in almost every thread. What is the reason for this sudden change? If it's just to annoy the "lickspittle" members, you're doing the man an injustice.

I think everyone should be able to express their opinion and debate. You shouldn't say this is a fan page and prevent discussion.

I look forward to watching your new videos and reading your opinions  :wave

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #563 on: February 01, 2024, 11:41:29 AM »
This I'm leaving event is getting really boring...

I think your ideas and videos are one of the most interesting parts of the forum. But you, who sometimes give unnecessarily positive praise to Mark, have recently started to criticize Mark unnecessarily negatively in almost every thread. What is the reason for this sudden change? If it's just to annoy the "lickspittle" members, you're doing the man an injustice.

I think everyone should be able to express their opinion and debate. You shouldn't say this is a fan page and prevent discussion.

I look forward to watching your new videos and reading your opinions  :wave

Thank you! Also, I never changed a bit. If you see a lot of criticism from me, it's merely a coincidence. If I'm commenting on a topic that's already full of praise over the lid, I don't feel like contributing even more praise. If anything, praise makes me mad. Praise is pointless, including praise towards my own work and activity. What drives me forward is reasonable criticism, pointing out my mistakes, and analysis of my failures, if I happen to have one. If I'll ever have a YouTube Silver Button award, I'll hang it in my WC.

I'm not strictly "leaving", just demand more tolerance and mutual respect from all the forum members. I really wish this forum would have a like/dislike counter on posts, so you would have fewer "I agree!" and ":thumbsup" messages clogging up the threads, and leaving only relevant discussion in place. Either way, I'm not a fan of when AMIT at times transforms into MKNews Forum. It's an independent forum as dustyvalentino pointed out, so freedom of speech shall not be violated.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #564 on: February 01, 2024, 12:00:43 PM »

I feel adressed in a certain way and would say something. Just need some time for it as I am at work, but I think that you indeed have dramatically changed over the last two weeks. I will come back to it later today.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #565 on: February 01, 2024, 12:13:41 PM »
I feel adressed in a certain way and would say something. Just need some time for it as I am at work, but I think that you indeed have dramatically changed over the last two weeks. I will come back to it later today.

LE

This is my thread, so if anyone has any questions for me, I'm willing to answer them and have a reasonable discussion. Your messages in particular are one of my favourite parts about this forum, if not the favourite, and yes, I was surprised to see even you going personal with me. I got scoLdEd. Looking forward to hearing your opinion.

Another point about praise. I felt genuinely bad when MK promoted my work on his social media as all this praise and love started pouring in. I would be happier if Mark would go and say "This guy is nuts, everything he's doing is wrong" because at least I respect the guy. But I felt so bad I had to ask them not to do it again.

Part of the problem is Mark's absence on social media and I feel like I'm getting more than I deserve, another part... And you see, I'm already falling into this negative loop of thinking about the problem, overthinking it and drawing conclusions. Yes, I am a chronic overthinker, and yes, I feel ashamed to draw attention.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #566 on: February 01, 2024, 12:46:16 PM »
It's pretty easy. Nothing against strong opinions, nothing against many posts and often posting. Your contributions are among the most valuable in this forum, no doubt about that. You are as funny and intelligent and fast and eloquent as ever, extremely talented and have immense knowledge about all sorts of things and especially music of course.
 BUT in the last two weeks I detect that you lost the momentum somehow... you are TOO fast thinking, posting, .. you seem to be over the top. You state meanings as facts, turn things around and do totally wild assumptions. Going far too far above what iniitally was meant. Everything seems to trigger you.  For example yesterday that friendly post about the auction made you attack not only the poster but MK, Christie's,  the whole world and the new single. Why is that? Do you need a long holiday or two weeks of a good sleep? I really wondered if you are on any substances, imagine that! I hope you get my point. It is not you as a person or your opinion but how you lately communiquate. Overthinking you called it yourself. That's true and I wonder what made  you going on higher levels of heavily overthinking almost everything lately.

If you were my brother, I would invite you for a meal and have a serious talk with you and trying to figure out what's wrong.

And it also not about being against MK or not. It is about a certain level of compromise, and being able to accept certain things as they are.

Please read your posts from the last three weeks and tell me if I am totally wrong. And again, it is not your opinion. It's your style of posting against almost everything LATELY!  And it's me worrying about you, not hating you or bullying.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #567 on: February 01, 2024, 03:18:32 PM »
Now THIS is what I'm talking about, this is called discussion. Thank you, LE, you did not disappoint. No double-talk, no passive aggression, concise and down to the point. I have a few theories on how to explain my behaviour. Of course, it's a complex matter and can't be explained in a single sentence.

First, I want people to understand that I'm not mad. I'm an ordinary guy living an ordinary life in the middle of trucking nowhere. If you think I'm crazy or on crack, you again shift the attention from my opinions to my personality. It's never about "me", it's always about "the thing", whether it's a song, topic or anything else.

The thing is — I have a lot to say. I think fast and I write fast. I know it can be frustrating to see so many of my (in 99% of cases) long posts, and I know how it paired with my insane posting pace can trigger some of the less tolerant members of this forum (cough cough). For this, I'm sorry.

The stupidest thing about hunter's obsession with offending me is that it's pointless since I have absolutely nothing against him apart from his attacks on me, and I even agree with most of his posts. This conflict has no substance to it, it's entirely a psychological misunderstanding/intolerance thing. It's literally nothing.

Second, I'm not sure about stating meaning as facts. Facts are facts, meanings are meanings. For example, I don't understand dustyvalentino's obsession with trying to make me think that David G and Mark K are equal in popularity, when every number, every video view, every guitar auction, and every single fact works against it, even including their behaviour. David resurrected Pink Floyd in 2014, David recorded Pink Floyd singles in aid of Ukraine with hip young artists. I am almost ready to conduct real research asking random people about it, but I'm just so sure about the results that yes, I state it almost as fact. My bad.

Third, I understand that I simply don't belong to a forum full of die-hard fans of a legacy celebrity with my excessively radical nonconformist approach. I don't care whether it's Mark, his fans, a child, or some random guy from Bangladesh — I take everybody as equal, I look at facts, their words, and their decisions, analyse them and come to my conclusions. Luckily, I have several vehicles where I can use my obsession with facts, analysis and writing.

Yes, I'm not an easy person to talk with, and yes, I do have a lot of psychological problems, now show me who does not. I'll wait.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #568 on: February 01, 2024, 03:46:31 PM »

Second, I'm not sure about stating meaning as facts. Facts are facts, meanings are meanings. For example, I don't understand dustyvalentino's obsession with trying to make me think that David G and Mark K are equal in popularity, when every number, every video view, every guitar auction, and every single fact works against it, even including their behaviour. David resurrected Pink Floyd in 2014, David recorded Pink Floyd singles in aid of Ukraine with hip young artists. I am almost ready to conduct real research asking random people about it, but I'm just so sure about the results that yes, I state it almost as fact. My bad.

Seeing as my name's been brought into this I'll respond. I never said that they are of equal popularity. I just (1) said I don't think any difference (if there is one) is as big as you think it is and (2) there's no way of proving it either way, so it's kind of pointless anyway. The guitar auction doesn't really prove that David Gilmour is more popular than MK generally. It just proves he is more popular with rich douchebags.

Anyway, I'm apparently the second reason for you wanting to leave so if I've said anything that offends you I'm sorry. I thought it was just a discussion which is fair game, not a personal attack.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #569 on: February 01, 2024, 03:57:07 PM »

Seeing as my name's been brought into this I'll respond. I never said that they are of equal popularity. I just (1) said I don't think any difference (if there is one) is as big as you think it is and (2) there's no way of proving it either way, so it's kind of pointless anyway. The guitar auction doesn't really prove that David Gilmour is more popular than MK generally. It just proves he is more popular with rich douchebags.

Anyway, I'm apparently the second reason for you wanting to leave so if I've said anything that offends you I'm sorry. I thought it was just a discussion which is fair game, not a personal attack.

No man, it's just an example I tried to explain by misbehaviour with. Because it falls into a negative loop: I feel like I have a lot to say about the topic (and I can go on and on coming up with facts almost about anything), writing more posts, more text, people see all this and think that I'm getting crazier and crazier in defending my arguments, and the whole thing goes nuts. It's like a nuclear war — you don't have a winner, you've only got survivors.

I guess it's just a bad topic to discuss, and I am indeed too defensive about my arguments in this case and engaging not in the best of discussions, so overall it's undoubtedly more my fault than anyone else's. On the other hand, with a man as mysterious and as private as MK, almost everything you can do — is guessing anyway.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 35 queries.