Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #01 DTRW TOUR - Apr 25 2019 - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain #SPOILER#  (Read 107741 times)

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
MFN

I'm liking the "Old Skool" MFN with the extended "full fat" intro....
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
I bet that "Ride across the river" will be part of this tour, must be with all the horn section and this gorgeous Gibson sound, fingers crossed.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Thank you all for keeping us updated! Exciting and quite emotional to read these messages.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:07:31 AM by Silvertown »

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
How are we on a livestream btw?

“It has come to our attention that there are unauthorized live-streaming sites advertising Mark’s upcoming concerts as available for viewing. The authenticity of these sites is highly questionable, as no such services have been authorized or endorsed by management, promoters and venues. We strongly advise fans not to sign up to or pay for any sites purporting to live-stream Mark’s concerts, and will be actively working with venues to prevent unauthorized live-streaming activity”

PCM – 25th April 2019

Interesting, is the Management a reader of this Forum?

I think these streams are fake. Youtube is full of these during sport events.

Love Expresso

MFN

Ianto might be a hell of a drummer, but his jazz DNA totally not suits this song. He totally not nailed the intro. Imagine this being played by 2010 Danny. And I have to say that both brass guys seem to need a long time until the are really into this band. In all videos so far both look tense and almost bored and uncomfortable like where the f... Have we ended here? Alien to this band situation somehow.
Their contributions are great if course. The Sax fits much better than Nigel, while Chris White stays unbeaten.

LE

Offlineneco

• Camerado
Interesting to see that going home was played on the les paul  8)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Interesting to see that going home was played on the les paul  8)

* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
He is getting rid of the Red strat doesn't he? No SOS no RAJ outro, no GH with strat.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
He is getting rid of the Red strat doesn't he? No SOS no RAJ outro, no GH with strat.

Hopefully not! Perhaps the Gibson, is more comfortable for him to play? Time will tell...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
Altough I feel some kind of sadness coming up knowing that this might as well be the last tour, I still get extremely joyful listeningen to these clips! And it will most likely get even better as the tour progress.

What a version of Once Upon a Time! That song has never been a favorite of mine, but in this occasion it sounds fresh. And the Les Paul does it job here.

The full intro (and outro) version of MFN is great, and maybe the ultimate clue that this actually IS the final tour.  ::)

Best sounding Going Home since ever?

hunter

Ianto might be a hell of a drummer, but his jazz DNA totally not suits this song. He totally not nailed the intro.

I think he did a great job, but he's no Terry Williams :D

Ianto might be a hell of a drummer, but his jazz DNA totally not suits this song. He totally not nailed the intro. Imagine this being played by 2010 Danny. And I have to say that both brass guys seem to need a long time until the are really into this band. In all videos so far both look tense and almost bored and uncomfortable like where the f... Have we ended here? Alien to this band situation somehow.
Their contributions are great if course. The Sax fits much better than Nigel, while Chris White stays unbeaten.

LE

I thought the whole band looked rather "stiff", but I think all this will change once the ball gets rolling properly.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:06:54 AM by hunter »

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

I thought there was a Romeo ending with strat. Did i fell asleep?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineCarrionSpy

• Camerado

I thought there was a Romeo ending with strat. Did i fell asleep?

What a night!! really blessed to be there! Yes indeed I remember the outro was as usual with Red Strat.
What made you think there'd be a living in sheep?

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Yes, and then he switched to blue Pensa for My Bacon Roll
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
What a night ! I'm still shocked.

I was as if Mark had read this forum, and wanted to send us a message: ok, you think I'm too static, playing the same thing over and over ? Let's see then.

Although I know OUATITW by heart, it took me a lot of seconds to actually name it - my brain had a failure and just could not connect what it was hearing with what I knew.

I was so happy to hear WAM as an opener - and what a version ! Selfishly it is also because I never had the chance to hear it live - Now it's done in the best way :)

Hearing Silvertown and MFN (with fantastic old intro ! ) were also shocking experiences, in the best of ways. I thought TR would be dropped, but no ! It was in a such a dream state when it came, that I thought that the "karaoke mode" might be dropped and the first guitar solo would be resurrected ! Alas no, but never mind.

Almost everything has been rearranged with the new musicians. This last solo your has a bit of a feel of the last DS tour: crowded stage, and every musician has a chance to shine... Negative people will say that Mark is trying to burry the (lack of) guitar under sax and trumpet, but who cares, the result is a fantastic new sound !

I was moved to tears. Never seen Mark so chatty. Lame humour was dropped in favor of self-deprecating farewell talk ("I'm an older man"..."grandpa needs to go to bed"..."it is not only hello Barcelona but also good bye Barcelona"...  Strangely, no band introductions. To save every bit of time for music ? The show lasted an incredible 2.5 hours, unseen since 1996 !

Songs like Heart full of Holes and Machstick man were taken a whole new level compare to the album, with majesty and sounding like personal confessions. Even the Spanish crowd, that was a bit disrespectful at times (wisteling during STP for instance) was dead silent during these intimate moments.

Too bad we didn't get One Song At a Time as a closer - this would have been perfect. As usual, Mark didn't do complete justice to the new album. One Bacon Roll was fabulous, and why choose "Nobody does that ?" Nobody does that but you, Mark ! Never mind :)

But it was so good, then why stop, then ? Well, don't you think it is better to leave on a high than on a low ? I just hope he can finish this tour as well as he started it. I was very close to the stage and I could clearly see him shaking, struggling to focus with intense concentration. He his pushing himself to his current limits. Thanks for that Grandpa - we love you so much !

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 41 queries.