Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #01 DTRW TOUR - Apr 25 2019 - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain #SPOILER#  (Read 107730 times)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
What a great read herlock, thanks for that! I'm glad to hear that you had a great time.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Thank you Herlock for your great review.   I must admit that, even though it was expected, I was very sad to hear last night that "this is goodbye".   I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the show so much and I am now looking forward to my turn.   :)

BTW Did MK sit down to play at times during the concert?   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
He is getting rid of the Red strat doesn't he? No SOS no RAJ outro, no GH with strat.

I thought there was a Romeo ending with strat. Did i fell asleep?

I said at the time it wasn't the Strat - it sounded different.  I knew instantly we weren't getting Sultans from that point.  Funny because he could already change over to the blue Pensa and play the outro, then into Bacon Roll surely? 

@ Herlock:  Thanks for your interesting review.  Some good stuff in there.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:52:16 AM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

hunter

Listening to a clip of My Bacon Roll on YouTube now. At one point they stop playing and the whole band and audience sing "Have you got my roll, my roll ... My bacon roll". Ha-ha! Who'd have thought you'd hear THAT line at a rock concert! Sounds great by the way.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Listening to a clip of My Bacon Roll on YouTube now. At one point they stop playing and the whole band and audience sing "Have you got my roll, my roll ... My bacon roll". Ha-ha! Who'd have thought you'd hear THAT line at a rock concert! Sounds great by the way.

It's the Skydiver of this tour, but so much better don't you think?

On a different topic, I was feeling a little sorry for the folkies last night.  No laughing at the back.  Here is this new brass section coming in and having their influence on most of the songs and the folkies have been pushed to the side with songs like Haul Away, Privateering and Marbletown axed and the guys being forced to play tambourines.  I wonder what they're thinking and if musicians of their calibre were really needed on this tour.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
BTW 288 people online yesterday, biggest number so far!

Well spotted! 222 today so far!!
I saw 265 today?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

There’s 43 of me 😳😂😂
muhahhaaaa...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

On a different topic, I was feeling a little sorry for the folkies last night.  No laughing at the back.  Here is this new brass section coming in and having their influence on most of the songs and the folkies have been pushed to the side with songs like Haul Away, Privateering and Marbletown axed and the guys being forced to play tambourines.  I wonder what they're thinking and if musicians of their calibre were really needed on this tour.

Yes, I wondered if they were surplus to requirements this time, but maybe their turn will come at other concerts in the tour.   :think
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Nearly 2.5hrs is amazing. Let's see if most concerts will have 2+ hrs of playing...

I hope each concert has an average of 17-18 songs rather 14 which several concerts had last tour.

hunter

A lot better. Funnier even, although the subject matter is rather grave.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time

they got families to support, so i guess,....doh..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Thank you Herlock for your great review.   I must admit that, even though it was expected, I was very sad to hear last night that "this is goodbye".   I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the show so much and I am now looking forward to my turn.   :)

He was on the stool for 3 songs. Matchstick, Bacon roll and heart full
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineJasper90

• Camerado
Sound all really promising!! Can’t wait until the 22th of june (omg so far away!! :smack), that is going to be my first concert from this tour.

Thanks everybody for the cool updates and reviews, it is really cool to read :clap
MK Down the Road Wherever tour :
22.05.2019 Royal Albert Hall London, UK
22.06.2019 Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
23.06.2019 Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, Netherlands
03.07.2019 St. Peter at Sunset Kelzenholz, Switzerland

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Watching the video clips on YT over and over I can definitely see room for development and improvisation and also that he is rusty and struggling playing anything nearly speedy now.  When this tour is up and going it promises to be really something though because the songs, arrangements and the sound are fantastic!  OES was played far better than anything last tour simply due to the guitar sound being thicker.

What happens in the next few concerts in terms of setlist will tell us a lot about how the tour will pan out.  Hopefully OSAAT will find it's way into it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 01:17:49 PM by dmg »

Offlinejorcx

• Guitar George
  • Check out, Guitar George ;-)
Oh what a fantastic tour beginning, what a thrill!! It was awesome, and how good He and They sounded... the setlist was a killer, though for myself I would make a couple of necessary improvements:

Corned Beef City => Trapper Man
My Bacon Roll => One Song At A Time

Even so:
Done With Bonaparte => Portobello
Speedway At Nazareth => Sultans

Let's see how it evolves and if we get some further surprises! Enjoy the Tour friends ;-)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

He was on the stool for 3 songs. Matchstick, Bacon roll and heart full

Thank you!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 39 queries.