Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #01 DTRW TOUR - Apr 25 2019 - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain #SPOILER#  (Read 107716 times)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
all these things are perfect, but i didn't like ianto's drum work this time. Sounds dull, thin, empty to me.

Were you there?

No, I wasn't there. That buddy over there sent a few voice recordings. And that's the result I get from all those hd videos. In 2011, he was much braver. Of course, being there is something else. Those who are there can interpret better. What do you think?

He made quite a lot of new arrangements. I also think he has a different kit with different sound. I'll have to listen back recordings from tours before to really say something about it. I agree it sounds different to before. The snare sounds a little bit thinner than previous I heard, I quite like his sound nowadays but the drum department will always be a matter of personal taste!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
all these things are perfect, but i didn't like ianto's drum work this time. Sounds dull, thin, empty to me.

Were you there?

No, I wasn't there. That buddy over there sent a few voice recordings. And that's the result I get from all those hd videos. In 2011, he was much braver. Of course, being there is something else. Those who are there can interpret better. What do you think?

He made quite a lot of new arrangements. I also think he has a different kit with different sound. I'll have to listen back recordings from tours before to really say something about it. I agree it sounds different to before. The snare sounds a little bit thinner than previous I heard, I quite like his sound nowadays but the drum department will always be a matter of personal taste!

Of course it is. Isn't everything subjective about art?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Julien Flamand has added some too, including Heart Full...  Difficult to make out on the video but there was quite a lot of different brass instruments used on it including what looked like a coaching horn!  Couldn't be, they're usually copper.

I liked Heart Full very much, but the audience response was rather quiet, I thought.  I hope Poupystar has recorded it for a better picture and sound.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Julien Flamand has added some too, including Heart Full...  Difficult to make out on the video but there was quite a lot of different brass instruments used on it including what looked like a coaching horn!  Couldn't be, they're usually copper.

I liked Heart Full very much, but the audience response was rather quiet, I thought.  I hope Poupystar has recorded it for a better picture and sound.

I thought that too.  Perhaps not many actually knew of the song with it being previously unplayed and from an older album?  Perhaps one they may alternate or even drop.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
What a beautiful finale for this song, very powerful
Video by Christophe Leon.

If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinewhitten

• Guitar George
  • @charliehihat on Twitter
Now we got the whole concert on Youtube:

Love Expresso

There were parts missing, for example the intro to Matchstick Man and it was just 2:05 if it's the one I saw minutes ago. Not available anymore?

LE

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
'full' show

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
I really hope that they will return WAM as an opener. Great opening tune and fantastic version.

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
I really hope that they will return WAM as an opener. Great opening tune and fantastic version.

Agree. Everyone agrees on this. WAM > NDT

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

Agree. Everyone agrees on this. WAM > NDT

To be fair on NDT they messed it up a bit on the first night and didn't do it justice.  It could evolve into something much better.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Marks speech, i wrote it down from an audience recording, pretty accurate (not 100%)

Alright Barcelona - happy or great to see you again
yeah, it's been a long time now
i always loved to be in Barcelona
so, once again is, hello Barcelona
but now, i am an oooold man, you know
so, i wanna thank you Barcelona for all the many happy years of me coming to say hello
it is also goodbye Barcelona for me, i am very sad
so hello Barcelona, dear Barcelona, i love Barcelona
but i will still try to make some records and write songs, but has to be no more travelling for old granddad, nevermind
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 01:39:33 PM by Dutchessy »
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
I was happy to attend the opening night and remain unspoiled about the surprises.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
it is also goodbye Barcelona for me, i am very sad

Thank you

This is the part that really struck me because I really felt like a closed door, that he was meaning "this a goodbye and I won't come back here".
But maybe I am a over interpreting?

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
I think that's what he said yes. Last time Barcelona.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 37 queries.